Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Doctor_X

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:35 PM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
Ultra Racing lower 4-point brace & Cusco lower Tie bar installed on CG2(01 Accord)


















The U/R 4 point brace uses existing hardware. Just mount it up with your OEM bolts. Same for the Cusco.

!! There is only about 1/4 of an inch between the flex pipe and the U/R brace. Hard to tell in the pic but theres some room there. !!

Also, I'm 100% sure the U/R brace will fit 98-02 V6 Accords - Coupe and Sedan. It is sold as a brace for the CG2 and has a picture of the Sedan. But, we have test fitted the U/R brace on Dinzdales V6 Sedan and it fits just like mine.

I don't know if it will fit the 4 cylinder Accords. I don't know if they have the same sub-frame(K-frame).



I installed the U/R brace about 1 month ago. Then, I installed the Cusco today so I could see if it made any difference with the U/R brace.

At this time, I haven't tested out the Cusco. After I installed the Cusco, I polished and waxed my wheels. I got a late start today and didn't finish them until tonite.

I did feel a difference with the U/R 4 point brace. When you hit bumps the front end stays more planted. You can feel the suspension working more. It's more stable.

However, I do have some added vibration at idle(when in Drive) and when crusing around 1800-1900 rpm. But, I attribute this to the poly-filled OEM engine mounts. I already had alot of vibration when the J35 went in, so that same vibration is being transmitted thru the U/R brace. If your running on non-polyfilled OEM mounts, you probably won't have any if just a little vibration.

It is hard to tell from the pics, but the Cusco sits just as low as the U/R brace. I have not had any clearance issues with the U/R brace, but I am only lowered 2 inches on Eibach Sportlines. If your slammed you can forget using either brace.


I also looked at the rest of the chassis and I don't see any place to mount a mid or rear Bolt-in brace. There are no OEM mounting bolts you could use. You might be able to weld some in, but the exhaust pipe might be an issue. You would need to either have it go over the piping, if possible, or under. But if you go under the piping you will lose ALOT of clearance.



So, we could go inside the car for additional bracing. You could use a *room/floor bar, harness bar, or an Autopower steet roll bar.

* Yet to be determined.


I kinda looked at room/floor bars for addt'l bracing, and so has Brian6Speed(Acura CL owner). But, there is no specific application for the Accord or CL. There might be one we could use for another model of car. I'll check into it. I think Brian6Speed is checking into it also.

I also considered the Autopower roll bar, but I use a wheelchair and I'm not sure if that would interfere with my wheels going behind the driver seat. Besides, that is not a project I can do by myself.



- Michael
_____________________________________



5-12-11 UPDATE(review of Cusco brace):

Could not really tell any addt'l benefit from the Cusco. However, I would think it is reducing flex in that area somewhat.

Overall review :
With BOTH pieces --- Hard cornering and taking curvy roads feels more "stable"; Ultra Racing uses this term to describe the effects. Front end feels more planted. If you need to make an "adjustment" while in a curve/turn, the "feel" of the front end is alot more firm, not squishy. I like the feeling the bracing has added. Road Course and Auto-X would benefit from chassis bracing. Daily driving could see some benefit; emergency maneuvers from dummy drivers, etc.


Best bang for your buck would be the Ultra Racing 4 point. and if you wanna dib out a lil more cash for another tie bar, I would do it...won't make it any worse?




....kinda looking into this piece for now. Lower REAR 4 point, Lil bit more research and I will know.


Last edited by WHEEELMAN; May 12th, 2011 at 04:17 PM..
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:37 PM  
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
yay im glad my bar came to use.... which bar did you buy it for? cg4 or
ComptechV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old April 30th, 2011, 10:31 PM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechV6 View Post
yay im glad my bar came to use.... which bar did you buy it for? cg4 or
You bet!

Yes, CG4. That is the only 6th gen Accord application that Ultra Racing has listed.

Honda Accord CG4 (2000) Aftermarket rear sway bar,Stabilizer bars,anti roll bar,front sway bar,anti sway bar,replace sway bar
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
 
Old May 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM  
Super IcyAccord
 
changaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,512
im assuming these bars are a no-no if your car is pretty low? my header flex pipe (the smaller one you see in the pics) is already scraped to hell.
changaroo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2011, 12:30 PM  
Brad
 
bdeitemeyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,318
Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
Correct, don't bother Eric.
bdeitemeyer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2011, 02:35 PM  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: CA/FL
Posts: 155
Is the brace rusting? Also, where did you get the brace from?
CL SLeePeR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2011, 04:39 PM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL SLeePeR View Post
Is the brace rusting? Also, where did you get the brace from?

I just went and checked it out. it's roadkill blood. I wiped it off. I hit it just 3 days ago, part of the body was sticking up and I heard it hit the bar.



Bought it from an Ebay seller who is in Malaysia. That is where Ultra Racing is located. This seller had the lowest prices. Took 3 days to receive it via UPS courier. Paid no custom fees, etc. Cost me $134 shipped.

Seller is: ready_to_discount



Now, there are some USA sellers. But, I doubt they stock any of the bars for the Accord. Don't quote me. If they have to order a brace it might take a while. Out of the 3, I would buy from Throwdown. They have been selling bracing a lot longer than the other 2 and might be able to get them shipped over faster. Also, you are going to pay more from a USA seller --- on average about $50 more for the 4 point brace.


Throwdownperformance.com Excelerateperformance.com HeeltoeAuto.com
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by changaroo View Post
im assuming these bars are a no-no if your car is pretty low? my header flex pipe (the smaller one you see in the pics) is already scraped to hell.

like i mentioned in my original post:

If your slammed you can forget using either brace.



If your flex pipe is already scraped to hell, you are too low. Raise it up foo'
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:40 PM  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: san francisco, CA
Posts: 1,172
Send a message via AIM to YounGLeMoNs
Do you think it will be possible to test it on a 4 cyl?
YounGLeMoNs is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:43 PM  
Brad
 
bdeitemeyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,318
Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by YounGLeMoNs View Post
Do you think it will be possible to test it on a 4 cyl?
Why? What would be different on an i4?
bdeitemeyer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:34 AM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
^Deitemeyer, I posted this on 6GA also and the question about the U/R brace fitting a 4 cylinder came up. I don't know if the 4 cylinder sub-frame is the same as our V6.

Can you confirm if the 4 cylinder and V6 sub frame are the same?




...if they are, then it would work on ALL 98-02 Accords.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:47 AM  
Brad
 
bdeitemeyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,318
Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
The sub-frames are different part numbers, but that doesn't mean the bolt holes are in different locations. I know for a fact I can swap in a v6 subframe (hypothetically for a v6 motor swap) onto my car with no modifications as I've tested this during the time my car has been down.

I wouldn't waste my time answering questions for half the people on that forum. You've done enough work with your recent write-ups, let them figure out the rest.
bdeitemeyer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:45 AM  
Derek
 
damage2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 686
Mike, I found your old thread on AZ, UltraRacing

Looks like there are a variety of parts that can be used on the Accord/CL/TL's.

Not sure if the parts are all available still, but I will be looking in to that.
damage2000 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:08 AM  
Destroyer of Tires
 
Doctor_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OC and IE California
Posts: 16,094
Those look sweet but those would get raped in a day if they were on my car.

FFFFFUUUUUU



Doctor_X is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:31 AM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by damage2000 View Post
Mike, I found your old thread on AZ, UltraRacing

Looks like there are a variety of parts that can be used on the Accord/CL/TL's.

Not sure if the parts are all available still, but I will be looking in to that.


Most of the items you see in that thread are not for the 98-02 Accord and 99-03 CL/TL.


Fender braces - none.
Although, Throwdownperformance is checking with Ultra Racing to see if there is an application that would work for our Accords based on someone else's inquiry. I'm in contact with Throwdown on this issue.

Rear chassis braces - none. That picture of the rear brace is for the 04-08 TL. possibly a TSX also

Side chassis braces - none. Again, they are for the 04-08 TL and TSX.



like i mentioned above in my original post, there are not any OEM bolts or mounting places on the chassis for any addt'l Bolt-on braces(mid or rear). I took a good long look under there when I installed the Cusco, and I just didn't see any more places to mount bracing that Bolts-in on the chassis. But, I have no idea if the coupes would really need any more on the chassis itself.

I have been told by a couple people that the Autopower street roll bar does have a definite effect on the car. I think if you added the Autopower bar, in addition to the 2 pieces I have installed, that would be all you would need. I'm no chassis expert though.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 11:35 AM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
Those look sweet but those would get raped in a day if they were on my car.

FFFFFUUUUUU

well if your close to being low as Keychain, your driveway would take care of that in one swift motion. POW!!!
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:44 PM  
Destroyer of Tires
 
Doctor_X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: OC and IE California
Posts: 16,094
I can get into my driveway but I still scrape little haha. The brace looks real nice though!



ESADDICTION likes this.
Doctor_X is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2011, 02:56 PM  
Derek
 
damage2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN View Post
Most of the items you see in that thread are not for the 98-02 Accord and 99-03 CL/TL.


Fender braces - none.
Although, Throwdownperformance is checking with Ultra Racing to see if there is an application that would work for our Accords based on someone else's inquiry. I'm in contact with Throwdown on this issue.

Rear chassis braces - none. That picture of the rear brace is for the 04-08 TL. possibly a TSX also

Side chassis braces - none. Again, they are for the 04-08 TL and TSX.



like i mentioned above in my original post, there are not any OEM bolts or mounting places on the chassis for any addt'l Bolt-on braces(mid or rear). I took a good long look under there when I installed the Cusco, and I just didn't see any more places to mount bracing that Bolts-in on the chassis. But, I have no idea if the coupes would really need any more on the chassis itself.

I have been told by a couple people that the Autopower street roll bar does have a definite effect on the car. I think if you added the Autopower bar, in addition to the 2 pieces I have installed, that would be all you would need. I'm no chassis expert though.
Yeah, I confirmed the above when I checked the links....sad, but true. Every little bit helps. Appreciate the info you posted though, still helpful.
damage2000 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:59 AM  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: CA/FL
Posts: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN View Post
I just went and checked it out. it's roadkill blood. I wiped it off. I hit it just 3 days ago, part of the body was sticking up and I heard it hit the bar.



Bought it from an Ebay seller who is in Malaysia. That is where Ultra Racing is located. This seller had the lowest prices. Took 3 days to receive it via UPS courier. Paid no custom fees, etc. Cost me $134 shipped.

Seller is: ready_to_discount



Now, there are some USA sellers. But, I doubt they stock any of the bars for the Accord. Don't quote me. If they have to order a brace it might take a while. Out of the 3, I would buy from Throwdown. They have been selling bracing a lot longer than the other 2 and might be able to get them shipped over faster. Also, you are going to pay more from a USA seller --- on average about $50 more for the 4 point brace.


Throwdownperformance.com Excelerateperformance.com HeeltoeAuto.com
RoadKill..

I was also looking on ebay, just a little worried about getting a replica. There are a few sellers from Malaysia. I will look into the seller you listed. Did you run the serial number to check for authenticity? I also found that seller throwdown on H-T.com
CL SLeePeR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:26 AM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL SLeePeR View Post
RoadKill..

I was also looking on ebay, just a little worried about getting a replica. There are a few sellers from Malaysia. I will look into the seller you listed. Did you run the serial number to check for authenticity? I also found that seller throwdown on H-T.com

I did not run a serial number check, or register my particular brace. But yes, a person should register that serial# for warranty purposes. That is how Ultra Racing keeps track of their products and provides warranty service.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2011, 04:18 PM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
updated original post with review. read it.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM  
Boosted!
 
ComptechV6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Long Island Nassau
Posts: 7,368
Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
Did you ever figure out for the rear 4?
ComptechV6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2011, 07:08 PM  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bronx, NYC
Posts: 33
Nice stuff. This + fender braces would be great for track days.

What about the rear 4 point bar? Does it fit?
blur is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:55 PM  
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
 
WHEEELMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: GA
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptechV6 View Post
Did you ever figure out for the rear 4?


No, not 100% sure. just compared photo's of the rear subframe and it looks to be nearly the same. So, the rear mounting points should be correct.

The front mounting points, I can't be sure on those.



There is a member on 6ga.com who may buy the rear 4 point and try it in the next few months. I'm in contact with him, so we'll see.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old November 23rd, 2011, 02:37 AM  
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bronx, NYC
Posts: 33
Any chance of fender braces fitting?
blur is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2017, 04:28 PM  
Registered User
 
NSWDoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 81
so does the rear brace fit and if so can you give me the part numbers for the front and rear braces please. thanks!
NSWDoc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On