Offset question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002) > 6G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2012, 02:15 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to 1bLwN_AcCoRd
Offset question

Anybody know what's the highest offset we can run on a 9.5" rim without rubbing the coilovers? My goal is to run the least amount of camber possible with 9.5" rims on a sedan. My previous setup was 18x9.5 +15 offset all around and I ended up running -5 degrees of camber. My guess is somewhere around 35-38?
1bLwN_AcCoRd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 6th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Destroyer of Tires

I ran 18x9.5 +28 without any issues, and you could probably run 18x9.5 +33 as well. Totally depends on what size tire you plan on running and fender work though.

Doctor_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to 1bLwN_AcCoRd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_X View Post
I ran 18x9.5 +28 without any issues, and you could probably run 18x9.5 +33 as well. Totally depends on what size tire you plan on running and fender work though.
kevin,
i plan on running a 225/40/18 tire. fenders have been shaved and pulled. i know those sizes should fit, but my main goal is to run the least amount of camber possible without rubbing the coilover. any idea what the max offset would be?
1bLwN_AcCoRd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 6th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #4
Destroyer of Tires

Probably around +38 to +33. My wheels rub on my coilovers on really steep driveways, but for everyday driving it's not that bad. I've never rubbed them while on the highway or anything like that to my knowledge.

+38mm is about the same inner clearance as my wheels... So yeah you probably want to go lower offset than that to add more clearance to the struts. Personally I wouldn't go any higher than +35 if you are concerned with rubbing on the inside. Depends on what coilovers you're running too though. My AMRs are kind of fat.

Old November 6th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Brad

Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
Tire brand/model is a big factor...some 225/40/18 tires are much taller than others, so that can play a significant role in whether your 18x9.5 +3x wheel fits with minimal camber.

Kevin, myself, and others can give you estimated offsets...but the best way to figure this out is my measuring your own vehicle & compare it to your current setup (assuming you're at the right ride height & camber that you plan on being at with this proposed setup).

We (or at least I) don't know your desired look. Is your car slammed & you want the body nearly touching the outer wheel lip? How much of a gap are you okay with having between the body and tire or body and wheel? If you're going for a look as low as Kevin's, then it's going to be much more difficult to estimate than if you're going for a more "conservative" (yet still low) look. Again, it's the different variables that make it easier to calculate this on your own (by measuring inner & outer clearances and using an offset calculator if necessary). Your shaved & pulled wheelwells may not provide the same clearances as mine or Kevin's, your tires may be taller or shorter than Kevin's, your coilovers may not be as thick as ours, your ride height may not be identical, etc etc etc. Variables = different answers for each individual car (if you're looking to get down to the last millimeter of wheel clearance).
bdeitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 6th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #6
Destroyer of Tires

Honestly the best measurements are gonna be on your own. Get a little dirty and figure out your clearance now and kind of factor in all those things.

As outside observers, the only thing we can really offer you is speculation based on personal experiences, which may not even be applicable to you.

Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:47 PM   #7

agreed^^
CGcoupe808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #8
orange county, socal

Send a message via AIM to 949
everyone's setup will be different. if your gonna want to be very close then youll need to do what the others have said. measure your own ride.
949 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in