Accord V6 Forum banner

Stock suspension noisy?

447 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Aztro 
#1 ·
I don't know but I feel that my stock suspension system is very noisy when going over bumps. My friend's sedan doesn't even make as much noise. The noise sounds like something is loose in my trunk. Something metal or whatever. Like the spare wheel is loose and its wiggly around, but I checked and it is as tight as it can be. I wonder what the sound is.... I think its coming from the shocks, but its not messed up since I don't have a bouncy ride.... hmmm its like the sound is normal, but just that the sound proofing just isn't good enough :/

Do you coupe owners have the same stock problem?

#2 ·
i have 99 sedan and i reisolate ..

door plastics (inside the door), trunk floor (especially bottom of spare tyre ) and bottom of rear passenger seat... road,tyre and suspension noise is very low now. i reccomend.

#3 ·
I have been trying to fix this damn squeak for along time now. I figured out what it is tonight. The damn springs for the trunk lid rub on a certain piece of plastic. This piece of plastic seems to be a bracket for the two springs when the trunk is closed so they don't rub each other, but i cannot get the springs to go into the bracket for the life of me.

Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.