Just finishing a swap - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 6TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (1998-2002)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 21st, 2019, 11:12 PM   #1

Just finishing a swap

98 Honda Accord coupe V6 JDM J30a
Replaced my original V6 j30a1. Trying to install exhaust currently seems like the aftermarket headers and exhaust are a battle to get lined up. Difficult to do alone anyway. I may have to losses my headers to get my exhaust to line up. Then I have the rest to do cat all the way back. Took out the carpet to replace with aftermarket and put new vacuum lines along with heater hoses , radiator , And hoses . I had to use my intake along with my engine mounts under the power steering the ones that were on the engine didn’t line up off more than a inch. I am going to use the alternator at least try. I used my engine harness and left my tranny in the car when removing the engine. I took it from the top seeing that I was doing it from home and didn’t want to mess with the subframe and all. Thus far I’ve done the work alone and have had a few issues getting the EVAP hoses all connected properly. I took the vacuum brake booster hose out and it felt hard in the middl. I thought it had a blockage. So I cut it open to find a filter within it . Later cost me another 29 bucks turned out it’s supposed to be there. Oh well learn and burn $ I plan on spray painting it with original color I’ve been stocking up on spray cans at 34. a piece They’re adding up. I’ll post a link on YouTube once it’s completed.
Xteam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in