Accord V6 Forum banner

help need to hit 100mph in 1/4 mile!

3K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  AccordEXGirl 
#1 ·
My local track has a 100mph club and i just have to be on the list! you guyys know these cars so what's up? dont wanna mod for stoping don't wanna mod for turns (at least not this week!) this thread is strickly for 100mph+ trap speed. i have the aem v2 and some toyo t1r's my sig has my stock time goin tomorrow to try out with empty tank of 93 oct. spare & jack out CAI and tires. will post new times & mph tomorrow night. check the web page out @ www.pittsburghracewaypark.com under events 100mph club. you have to be street legal! tires full exhaust insp. and i want to keep my interior. thanks guys, later.

#9 ·
Kingof3rdinput said:
Buy an EVO
:rofl2: ... but he wants to keep HIS interior :D

:goofy: this is crazyness... you should stay N/A thou... and well i dunno much about this stuff but eh, wtheck... i second the exhaust and VAFC2, and may i add a drop... i read up somewhere about it helping so that the weight doesnt shift to your rear tires and u get more traction and power to the floor... or just throw about every mod for a 7th gen and wah lah

edit: what about light-light wheels? i think theres an endless amount of things u could do, just gotta find the ones w/ benefits... good luck :up:

#12 ·
hobbes235 said:
and while ur getting every single mod we have out there for our cars, fill your tires up with nitrogen...that'll shed a couple of lbs.
:bonk: Nitrogen in the tires, ya that's why I posted here, to read dumb arss replys like nitrogen in the tires, :banghead: did i post in the comedy forum or a performance forum? any way, car and driver hit 14.5 @ 98 stock if i hit 100.0000000000001 I'm done and happy! like i said I want to keep regular interior, no nos and keep it N/A. I have the aem v2, toyo t1r's EMPTY I mean EMPTY tank of exxon 93, took out spare and jack, (and stuff in glove box & arm rest) my 60' times really need to improve i know this much! what is the VAFC/2 & cost and who has experience with it, and what other stuff. thanks to the guys w/ good suggestions, and to the comedians, trade the honda in on a geo metro and join their forums i'm sure you'll get more laughs in their forums.

here is my drag strip again www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

#16 ·
Geez- all of you guys are crazy. With just your V2 and stickier tires you should be able to hit pretty close to 100mph.

But what you need to work on the most is THE DRIVER! Your fastest stock time is 15.0 with a 2.4 60 foot in a 6 speed?!?!? That's terrible! The fastest stock time I've heard of is 14.2 and I believe that was at 99mph. Good/average stock times have been around 14.4-14.5 at 97-98 mph. Get to that point first and then worry about doing more mods.

I haven't been down to the track yet this year but I'm hoping with my V2 and my stickier tires that I'm able to hit close to 14 flat- which I don't think is unreasonable given decent conditions- that should put me around 100mph. The most important part is the launch- search on this forum for advice.

#18 ·
lightweight wider rims with a bigger footprint on the tires like 225 or 235. and a better 60 ft a best of 2.409 can be improved i usually get 2.320 and the best was 2.273

#20 ·
Captal said:
How'd it go?
See the bottom of my sig that was my best one and it happened last night and another guy fliped his car 5 times doin about a buck thirty five!!!!, i gotta try to post the pics, car was smashed !!! guy walked away after he got checked out.

I'm still suckin a-- at my 60' did get a pinch litterly a pinch better 2.454 to a 2.409. i'm figuring 100mph will be around a 14.0 - 14.1 gotta get there by end of summer.

#21 ·
Man you definitely need to work on your driving technique. 14.7 is a bad time for a stock 6 speed, let alone a modded one.

Of course that is depending on elevation- is your track at a high elevation?

#22 ·
Besides the mods you've done and suggested (VAFC)
Lighten up your car!
CF hood + CF trunk + CF roof
12lb 16" or 17" rims with sticky 225 or 235 tires.
Take out your side curtain air bags, side airbags and front airbag systems.
Take out your entire AC system (you live in the NE rite?)
While you're at it, drain your wiper fluid too.
Go on a diet and lose 20lbs.

Guaranteed, when properly driven, you'd get a 14 sec flat or better.

The purpose of pumping N2 in tires is to stabilize pressure changes due to temperature. At the volumes we're talking about, the mass difference is negligible (btw, air consist mostly of N2).

#26 ·
It might not be a bad idea to take a look at your gearing for the 6-speed. If I remember correctly the 6-speeds need a very quick shift to 4th gear before crossing the 1/4 mile finish line.

Rev-limit in 3rd just won't get you to that 100mph mark. Then again the shift to 4th takes up time and some speed. You might need more than you think to crack that magical 100mph mark. Nitrous might be the cheapest and quickest way.

Best,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.