3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  PlanoVQ 
#1 ·
Stock '02 Altima 3.5 SE 5MT Dyno

213whp / 227 wtq

Better than I expected

See less See more
#7 ·
Hey Kin,

Some numbers you may want to look at if you're debating between the Altima and the Maxima. I would recommend going with an 03+ Altima 3.5SE if you're looking into that area because the first year's 2002 interior was all plastic and crappy. It got better later when consumers complained.

2002 models:

Altima 3.5SE
Performance
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 6.3 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 125 ft.
Base Number of Cylinders: 6 Base Engine Size: 3.5 liters
Base Engine Type: V6 Horsepower: 240 hp
Max Horsepower: 5800 rpm Torque: 246 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4400 rpm Drive Type: FWD
Manual: 21 mpg / 26 mpg Automatic: : 19 mpg / 26 mpg

Maxima SE
Acceleration (0-60 mph): 6.3 sec. Braking Distance (60-0 mph): 127 ft.
Base Number of Cylinders: 6 Base Engine Size: 3.5 liters
Base Engine Type: V6 Horsepower: 255 hp
Max Horsepower: 5800 rpm Torque: 246 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4400 rpm Drive Type: FWD
Manual: 21 mpg / 28 mpg

#11 ·
Yeah, I emailed the place to get the SAE #s and they never responded :rolleye2:
But it was pretty hot and very humid out when we dynod. My buddy's stock 04 GTO 6spd dynod the same time too, and did 301 STD and 304 SAE while I was there. The SAE's were probably higher due to the weather, which makes me wonder b/c mine would probably only be 1-2HP higher on SAE.

#12 ·
alt04 said:
Nice torque, but it's STD which reads about 3% higher than SAE corrected dyno.
Yeah, I missed that too. Still :up2: though.

Doom said:
I want a VQ for Xmas! :eek:
Ask Santa for one :p .

#14 ·
If my friend's GTO had higher SAE then STD #s, which dynoed the same place, same time as me, then I suspect my SAE would have been higher as well (only 1-2hp like I said above) but that's just to the ppl saying that my chart is "only STD"

#16 ·
PlanoVQ said:
If my friend's GTO had higher SAE then STD #s, which dynoed the same place, same time as me, then I suspect my SAE would have been higher as well (only 1-2hp like I said above) but that's just to the ppl saying that my chart is "only STD"
SAE is more standard than STD just like Dynojet dynos are more standard. It's just what most people use. It's just to compare apples with apples. Nobody's pissing on your dyno.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.