Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums - View Single Post - 2006 Hyundai Sonata
View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2005, 09:03 AM   #27
CRV_33

Send a message via AIM to CRV_33
HwaNi.J30A-C all I am trying to state is that everyone keeps talking about how great the 10 year/100,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty is. You should really take a look into what is what isn't covered. For example when my sister hit the 45,000 mile mark, she needed her alternator replaced. Hyundai said at that point they consider that a "wear and tear" issue and that the warranty no longer covered that part. there were like others things that went out like the backlight on her cd player, Hyundai also refused to fix that under warranty as well. Is that how a bumper to bumper warranty really works?

And the part that they insisted that since my sister drove the car too much, if their cars were so reliable and better built and keep in mind that she followed their maintenence schedule religiously, is this really a logical excuse? Like when you sitting in the dealership signing the papers for the cars, do you ever hear saleperson slip in, "hey i hope you only intend to drive xx,xxx miles of annually because anything more, it might break the parts".

I am just providing my sister's experience with Hyundai to help buyers like you to get information. and being outdated on my sources? I think seeing how the car drives first hand is pretty good one. I mean what would be a better one? Driving by a dealership admiring the car's exterior looks?

Last edited by CRV_33; August 12th, 2005 at 09:06 AM..
CRV_33 is offline   Reply With Quote