Accord V6 Forum banner

glow needle kit

2K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Dave Morin 
#1 ·
i just bought this kit off ebay to make my needles glow, but i think i got scammed. the directions are so unclear and i can't get in contact with the seller.

anyone ever do this before? it comes with 4 LEDs connected to a socket with 4 pairs of wires connected to them. i have no idea how to do this.

also, if i wanna make my needles clear, can i use nail polish remover to get the orange off?

thanks

#5 ·
people have gotten their orange off, i cant remember how tho. then they changed the bulbs in the back, or put colored covers on them. entcee has ones that light up red. it can be done, you can get the orange off

#7 ·
The way I got off the orange was completely accidental. I used a blue permanent marker to color my needles once...then it was like a couple days later that I wanted to take them off so I used alcohol or laquer thinner and then I saw the orange just stripping away...I changed my needles to transparent blue. :)

#9 ·
You didn't get scammed, the kit works, but you would have been better off buying the bulbs seperate. To start, remove the two top screws on your gauge cover (it might take a little force to remove it because of the clips keeping it in place). Next remove two screws at the top and two more at the bottom that are holding the whole gauge cluster in place. Once removed there will be three wire harnesses on the top that need to be removed. Once removed, you will see four white knobs, turn 1/4 turn counter-clockwise and remove, there should be four. Once removed, you may replace the bulbs with 194/168 bulbs of your choice. Once this is done replace the four lights. Next step is to remove the clear plastic shield off the gauge cluster. there should be around 6-8 screws that need to be removed with an alan key wrench. Once these are removed you may need to pry the clear plastic piece away from the rest, it is stuck on with some glue so just use a screw driver and pull apart on every side little by little 'til it comes off. Once off, take some paint thinner or whatever have you and remove the orange. Once removed, whatever color bulbs were replaced with, that color will light up your needles. Put everything back together the way you removed it and you will have whatever color needles desired. I hope this helps.

#13 ·
i got the exact same thing awhile ago. I just nail polish remover with qtips to get all the orange off (non-acetone because i heard paint thinner and acetone would strip the plastic of the needles), then painted them blue. Real easy, but putting the actual rings on was a pain in the ass and they stuck. I heard that

What i did was cut out a little part of the circle then slipped it underneath the needles (Don't take off your needles) but my needles were catching on them, and when i was trying to fix them one of them broke. I tried soldering it back but the thing was just too damned small so i said **** it and ripped the leds outta there. I still got them sitting around somewhere. The seller vanished after that

Now i have blue needles that don't glow at night (i took out the stock bulbs because they were lighting up ugly green)

#16 ·
i am debating on getting these... 75$ US is just too much to ask for a couple LED's and plastic rings...

someone should take some detailed pics so i can make some cheaper ones
i suggest not wasting 75 on the kit...too hard to work with for not so great results

i threw mine in a bag after one of them broke somewhere that's buried in my room . I had them working, but they didn't disperse light that good at all

All it was was red wire and black wire hooked up to a dimming box, which had 8 wires to the leds (they were some unwrapped copper wires that were **** and broke on me).

There were 4 rings...2 big ones 2 small ones. On the big rings (for speed and tach) there were 3 leds that were really small. There was one wire going to the led's, one wire coming back from them. They were hooked up like in a circle kinda formation

(wire from dimmer box)------------ led -- led -- led ---------------(wire back to dimmer box)

on the smaller rings there was only 2 led's, which had the same setup.

#18 ·
if i could find them i'd give to you for like 10 bucks. Mine even had 6 rings instead of the 4 it was supposed to. Wires were cheap **** so they got pulled out of the LED's, way too much trouble for me since i didn't know electronics and the LED's were TINY!

this is basically all they were

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.