Accord V6 Forum banner

interior

522 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  WICKEDFX 
#1 ·
has anyone tried to use vinyl spray paint to do their interior? lemme know the outcome, whether it was good or not. Also, do u think it's possible to do the inserts as well, wrapping them wit material such as suede? I think it can be done except for the seats.

#2 ·
i did this on my old civic. The panels came out soo nice.......until people get in the car and accidently kick the panels, and the vinyl paint comes right off. i even sanded the sanels and painted them..... same outcome. then i went to a fabric store, and redid the upolstry on the doors in while vinyl. That was the hardest most longest thing i had ever done. it took me 1 month to do both doors. i had to keep using glue and a heat gun so i could wrap the vinyl around the corners without folding it. it took soo much effort. and the worst part was that the glue i used was aircraft spray glue which held good, but dried and turned a orange color and made all the white turn into a light oroangish white color. it sucked. i will most likely never paint my interior again after that experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.