Window Visor Install - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #1
NC Fresh

Window Visor Install

Okay i dont want to sound like a complete n00b but i cant figure how to put these bloody things on my 2dr...

I've been using the link:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord/03-4drvisor.pdf

for help but... the pictures are pretty ****ty... I can get the run channel out, but then i cant figure out how they hook on to the "rail" and then how they should stay? If anyone has some pictures / advice i'd appreciate it... Honda said $65 to install the 2 of them!!!!!! Thanks for any help guys.
iakona08 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2010, 07:59 AM   #2
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
The directions for the visors are the most confusing set of directions ever.

To be honest, just use common sense when installing, the visors clip in and use double sided tape. Thats all there is too them, the directions get too technical with measurement.
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2010, 08:19 AM   #3
NC Fresh

So... is the "rail" that they barely rest on? I have to just stick it on there? it doesnt seem right with the clearance between the clip and the tape...?

Old August 11th, 2010, 09:27 AM   #4
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
I did the install like 3 years aog so i barely remember much, I just know it fits into the groove and looks right, they clip right in
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #5

Yes... Common sense is key to these things. The minute you start getting confused, just start doing it on your own. If I can do it, anyone can!!!
nOrcaL7thgen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #6
NC Fresh

I thought i had it, but nothing "clipped" into a rail :-( im not an idiot haha i just dont see how this is supposed work, but no worries i have to get my tint taken off the front 2 for state inspection and my tint guy said he'd throw em on there for $10.. although i wish i coulda done this myself seeing as how it SHOULD BE SIMPLE!!!!
Old August 11th, 2010, 07:38 PM   #7

It is very simple and you really don't even need to take the channel out. I just test fitted some on my car and it was actually easier to do it without removing the channel.

I started with the two front hooks by using a thin piece of metal to insert between the weatherstripping and metal door frame, slid the hooks in and let them grab the "rail". The visor should hang loosely on the window frame now. Then I went to the rear two tabs, again used a thin piece of metal to pry the channel away a bit, and inserted the tabs from below pushing inwards and upwards, front tab partially in first then back tab. This was a little harder to accomplish than the front hooks, but after two or three tries I was able to get both tabs inserted. From there you would be able to remove the 3M tape backing and stick them down. I did not do this as I was just test fitting them to see if I liked them.
PeaPod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 12th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #8
NC Fresh

I went back in and looked at them.. im an idiot... i was definately making it MUCH more complicated... should have just went at it WITHOUT directions haha. Thanks guys.
Old November 8th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #9

Sorry to bump an old thread but I found a DIY for this as I was looking around to installing my own set. This will help future installers that might need help.

DIY Guide: How to Install JDM Door Visor. (Visual Guide) - Club RSX Message Board
nathanhuu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in