03-07 accord sedan mirrors - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #1

03-07 accord sedan mirrors

Can anyone tell me if the 03-07 accord sedan bases for the mirrors are the same as the 06-07 accord hybrid bases? The only reason I ask is because I bought some OEM hybrid mirrors to put on my car but one of the bases has a big chunk missing. The mirrors that came on my car are aftermarket so I do not know if the bases will be the same on an OEM one. I am hoping they are the same so I can just find a different base and replace it.
bozos_si is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #2
The name is Z

An Accord sedan mirror is an Accord sedan mirror. Meaning? Yes. The bases are identical. Doesn't matter the trim level.
CrackerTeg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #3

you 100% sure about that? Cause as I can see it now I dont think that is right. I think they are different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerTeg View Post
An Accord sedan mirror is an Accord sedan mirror. Meaning? Yes. The bases are identical. Doesn't matter the trim level.

Old January 15th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #4
The name is Z

Ask yourself this: if you were mass producing a model of car, would you change something like a mirror base? Sure, there's trim levels where things are changed but they are ALL interchangeable. If you don't have authentic hybrid mirrors, expect it to be different.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #5
JDM UC1

or OP has tsx side mirrors. only way to know is install the side mirror on the car. if it bolts on perfectly then the bases can be swapped.
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #6
The name is Z

True. I keep forgetting about those.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:46 AM   #7

well my hybrid mirrors have 3 bolts under the mirror holding the mirror to the base. Then trying to look up and see if other mirrors are the same I came across these which are totally different on the base part that holds the mirror on. Take a look in the link and find the picture that shows the under part of the mirror where the mirror is held on to the base.

Honda Accord Sedan Door Mirror 03 04 05 06 07 Beige | eBay

They are different.
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #8

there is also one other difference. They the clip on the hybrid mirrors is on about a foot long wire that comes out of the base. the other ones the clip is built right into the base. So the problem is I need to find out what cars have the same base as the hybrid.
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #9

here is the bottom of the hybrid mirror

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/8106/20130116065336.jpg
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #10
JDM UC1

IMHO, you have a tsx side mirror. i could be wrong tho.

i had a TSX mirror before and i did try to swap bases, they are different. but then again i haven't seen or held a real hybrid side mirror.

i don't know why the ebay listing you posted has a different bottom, mine looks like the hybrid pic you posted. but i can tell my bottom screws are closer than yours. again, not sure if the hybrid ones are just like that.

i personally know that the tsx mirrors wire harness is extended like yours. i also believe the hybrid is same,coz the aftermarket ones come like it.

to help you find solution. i'm pretty sure you have a 7th gen sedan. that's why you bought the hybrids, right? so just test fit one side mirror. it only take 3-4 screws and a minute of your time. you don't even need to remove the door panel. just pop the back plate and unscrew the side mirror. if the bolts fit the same holes and the base has no gaps then you have a hybrid side mirror.

after that we can determine if the bases are same or not. you have all the answers to your questions.
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #11

my 2006 accord I thought might have had aftermarket mirrors only because they dont say honda on the bottom. But then when I looked at the ones on Ebay in the link I posted mine are the exact same on the bottom as those. As far as bolting up the same these do bolt up to my doors so I know that they have to be hybrid ones and they say honda on the bottom. unless tsx ones say honda as well?? I bought them from a salvage yard in texas and they stated they are from a 06-07 accord hybrid.
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #12
JDM UC1

tsx side mirrors say honda as well.

so if you say they bolt on to your door perfectly then you do have hybrid side mirrors.

now you say you have aftermarket side mirrors reason you doubt the bases could be swapped. i believe you and i believe they are NOT interchangeable. based on my experience w/ tsx mirror, my oem and your pic, the bottom bolts don't look like they will line up. mine are really close to each other, when yours show they are further apart.

so if you want to swap bases, and change the broken one. i advise buy an oem hybrid side mirror.

based on my first hand experience w/ accord parts, i can confidently say some parts are really different. they may look same, but when you get into the details, there are differences.

for example. i tried to swap a hybrid leather steering wheel to my non leather EX. was able to install the wheel, but when it came to the air bag the screws and harness we're opposite. so even if i buy the right air bag, i'll have to splice and change the harnesses for it to work.

another is my non-leather seats, swap to oem leather. basic swap for the rear, right? no electronics, just bolts. well, it wasn't that easy. the rear back rest itself are different. they do bolt on but the leather one is taller by 1 inch. don't ask me why, i'm not honda. so if i bolt it on, it won't be able to latch the top. and the side bolsters will be 1 inch lower. when i latch the top, i'm 1 inch lower and away from the bolting location. so i had to fab a bracket to make things work. even the bolsters i had to trim in order for me to be able to close the rear doors.

small things. they look alike but they are not.
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by toinkee69 View Post
tsx side mirrors say honda as well.

so if you say they bolt on to your door perfectly then you do have hybrid side mirrors.

now you say you have aftermarket side mirrors reason you doubt the bases could be swapped. i believe you and i believe they are NOT interchangeable. based on my experience w/ tsx mirror, my oem and your pic, the bottom bolts don't look like they will line up. mine are really close to each other, when yours show they are further apart.

so if you want to swap bases, and change the broken one. i advise buy an oem hybrid side mirror.

based on my first hand experience w/ accord parts, i can confidently say some parts are really different. they may look same, but when you get into the details, there are differences.

for example. i tried to swap a hybrid leather steering wheel to my non leather EX. was able to install the wheel, but when it came to the air bag the screws and harness we're opposite. so even if i buy the right air bag, i'll have to splice and change the harnesses for it to work.

another is my non-leather seats, swap to oem leather. basic swap for the rear, right? no electronics, just bolts. well, it wasn't that easy. the rear back rest itself are different. they do bolt on but the leather one is taller by 1 inch. don't ask me why, i'm not honda. so if i bolt it on, it won't be able to latch the top. and the side bolsters will be 1 inch lower. when i latch the top, i'm 1 inch lower and away from the bolting location. so i had to fab a bracket to make things work. even the bolsters i had to trim in order for me to be able to close the rear doors.

small things. they look alike but they are not.

WTF that just makes no sense. Why dont they just keep it simple?
Old January 16th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #14
JDM UC1

what i say? don't ask me, i'm not honda.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in