Video on Navi Screen. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MM49

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #1

Video on Navi Screen.

Well I finally hooked up everything. I actually did it last week but just posting now because I needed the right cable for the iPod connection.

This was on my to do list for a very long time and really happy that I'm done It will definitely come in use for my long trips.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

These will go on the car next. They have been sitting for a while now.

korrupt3dazn likes this.

Last edited by MM49; February 10th, 2013 at 11:29 PM..
MM49 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM49 View Post
Well I finally hooked up everything!! I actually did it last week or so but just posting now because I needed a right cable for the video.

This was on my to do list for a very long time and really happy I'm done It will definitely come in use for my long trips.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
I definitely recommend doing this for people with OEM navi. Well its really up to you but I'm just sayin

These will go on the car next. They have been sitting for a while now.

How long did it take to do?

Any DIY or docs?
maluballa89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maluballa89 View Post
How long did it take to do?

Any DIY or docs?
Well I started late in night and continued on next morning so I can't give you the exact time frame but it will take few hours.

I bought "NavTool" for the video interface and it comes with pretty straight forward instructions. For audio I used USA Spec and there is a DIY on YouTube I think. NavTool is PNP/Splice and USA Spec is PNP. Only thing you will have to do is route the switch and video cable to the front from the interface which goes in the trunk because the navi brain is in there.

If you have any more questions let me know!!

Last edited by MM49; January 20th, 2013 at 06:35 PM..

Old January 19th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #4

Here is how I did it......

Things you need

Video Interface > NAVTOOL INC
Audio Interface > USA Spec PA15-HON2 EnfigCarStereo.com

Both of these are cheaper on eBay especially the video interface!!!

Since I will be using the Ipod for my video source, you will also need this cable
>>Apple Composite AV Cable - Apple Store (Canada)

How to install audio interface(USA SPEC)>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rodco...layer_embedded

Video interface....

As you may or may not know is that you will only have to run two wires to the front. Switch and video. Finding extension wire for the switch was a problem at first. I went to three big stores to find the right gauge wire but had no luck. Finally went to a guy I know and he hooked me up with the right gauge wire since he is a car electrician. You might've better luck :dunno:

This is were I zip tied my interface after plugging and splicing the wires to the back of navi head. NavTool comes with the instructions!

This is where I ran my wires through using coat hanger.

Now you have two options here: Either to remove the rear seats or do what I did. I used the trim removal tool and nose pliers to grab hold of coat hanger I used to guide my wires through. You should be able to see the coat hanger. Once you grab hold of the coat hanger pull it towards to you. Then Remove the tape and pull the wires through/downwards.

Remove this piece. I think its held by two or three clips.

In between here you can choose to remove B pillar trim. I didn't! I tuck the wires in and pulled it forward towards the front and it settled perfectly.

Remove this. Held by few clips

Remove this. Held by one clip

Now you will have to pull the carpet towards you and then run the wires towards the center console. Here is where I made my connections and taped them off. I also placed my USA SPEC interface here.

Connect the audio(COMPOSITE CABLE) to aux inputs on the audio interface(USA SPEC) and connect the video(COMPOSITE CABLE VIDEO) to the video cable coming from the video interface.

Here is where I placed my switch. For switch ground I used a big ground point on the right hand side behind the pocket. You can't miss it

Don't forget to zip tie the wires along the way. If you have any questions let me know.

Here is the video (Click on the pic)

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

For the second video source you can either use it for backup camera or for any other video input you want. I left mine for now as I have already connected my camera to the navi.

Last edited by MM49; February 10th, 2013 at 11:49 PM..
Old January 25th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #5

Hi I'm a little confused on your setup there. What are you using as the source for your videos? The navi head unit in the trunk, the in dash cd changer or a mobile device? And what exactly did you purchase to make this work, can you recommend a vendor? Thanks.
I noticed after doing some research on the Honda Inspire in Japan that you could get factory installed video playback on the navi screen.
Ibreak4change is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibreak4change View Post
Hi I'm a little confused on your setup there. What are you using as the source for your videos? The navi head unit in the trunk, the in dash cd changer or a mobile device? And what exactly did you purchase to make this work, can you recommend a vendor? Thanks.
I noticed after doing some research on the Honda Inspire in Japan that you could get factory installed video playback on the navi screen.
Mybad...

I'm using Ipod Touch 4G.

Here are the things I bought...

Video Interface > NAVTOOL INC
Audio Interface > USA Spec PA15-HON2 EnfigCarStereo.com

Both of these are cheaper on eBay especially the video interface!!!

The cable I bought for the Ipod >>Apple Composite AV Cable - Apple Store (Canada)

Connect the audio to aux inputs on the audio interface and connect the video to the video cable coming from the video interface.

Inspire got tons of things and you can pretty much forget about it.

Last edited by MM49; February 10th, 2013 at 11:47 PM..
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #7

Ahh, thank you! Definitely looks like a worthwhile mod.
Ibreak4change is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibreak4change View Post
Ahh, thank you! Definitely looks like a worthwhile mod.
Definitely for me. Might as well. Was on my to do list for a very long time.

For some reason the link to eBay listings are not working. Just search up "navtool" and "usa spec hon 2"
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #9
2008 Honda Accord V6 EX-L

You can also build one too...for pretty cheap.
Nice write up! :-)
korrupt3dazn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by korrupt3dazn View Post
You can also build one too...for pretty cheap.
Nice write up! :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in