Grille Removal? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #1
Call me Nego

Question Grille Removal?

I want to remove the grille on my 03 Accord Coupe just for a while to do some painting. Is there anyway I could do this without having to remove the whole front bumper?
I have searched multiple forums and even youtube and I cannot find anything to help me.
Negociator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #2

According to the service manual I obtained, it shows the whole thing front bumper needing to come off.

It's easy to take the bumper off man.
StevenR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #3
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
Yes you do
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 20th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #4
-Maninder

removing the front bumper isn't hard, takes about 5 minutes or less to do. just go for it
1fastJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #5
JDM UC1

Sedan, I can remove and install my front grill w/o removing the bumper. Not sure w/ coupe.
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:10 PM   #6
Call me Nego

I'm referring to the upper grille by the way. The part with the Honda logo attached to it.
Old January 21st, 2013, 08:49 PM   #7

Nego, it is possible to remove the front grill on the 06-07 coupe without removing the entire bumper - I'm not absolutely sure if the 03-05 is the same - but for mine you remove the plastic black tabs with a flat head screwdriver that hold the engine/radiator cover on (the bottom ones attach to the top portion of the upper grill), then it is very difficult to fanangle your hands in there, but there are 3-4 more of those plastic tabs on the bottom of grill attaching it to the front bumper.

Believe me, it is SO much simpler just to remove the bumper - it's honestly two fender screws, 4 10mm bolts and two larger black plastic tabs on each side and 4 smaller black plastic tabs in the middle. Then if yours has never been removed before, next to the grill (towards the nose of the car) you'll see two metal tabs that need pryed up (to the sides of the high beams almost). Then starting at one side, pull the bumper off of and away from the headlamp. Do the same on the other side. Bada-bing bada-boom your bumpers off and your timer says 3m 29s (my fastest time so far) haha You get really fast at it after doing retros on these cars

Here's a video from Spec-D tuning - watch the first 2 minutes of it for a how-to on the bumper removal
How to Remove 7G Front Bumper - 0:00-2:25

'07 EX-L HFP V6 Coupe w/ Navi - "Tawonda"
Graphite Pearl / Black Leather
(Sold 7/26/17)

'17 Touring HFP V6 Coupe - "Bianca"
White Orchid Pearl / Black Ivory Leather
(Purchased 5/18/17)
DreaminAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2013, 10:58 PM   #8
Czechopino

Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Wow I never knew the coupe grill would require bumper removal. On the sedan its easy. But Ive taken my bumper off so many times also, its not very difficult.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:24 AM   #9
JDM UC1

^^^i know. just take the cowl off and yank off the grill. putting it back requires some skill. it's held by 4 tabs facing up. get those on and you'll have the grill back on the bumper.
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:34 PM   #10
Call me Nego

The whole reason I want to remove the grille is so that I can plasti-dip around the Honda Logo. I would do it without removing, but I can't get good angles with it being attached to the car and it's freezing out. With it being as cold as it is I also don't wanna spend my time trying to rip the bumper off. I'll wait for the spring and its warmer weather.

Thanks to all who contributed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in