Headlight question, thanks! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By djham78

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:01 PM   #1

Headlight question, thanks!

I want to replace my Headlights because I don't think cleaning them will do any good... are aftermarket OEM ones decent or should I just buy OEM from like hondaautomotiveparts.com? or something... what does everyone think?
phrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #2

From my experience, standard eBay reflector headlights are good. But stay away from the eBay projectors if your looking for quality.

The black housed headlights look sharp

03 07 Honda Accord 2 4DR JDM Black Clear Headlights Lamps Lights Left Right Pair | eBay

I might invest in a set of these, im diggin the clear side reflector
Sold: 04' Accord 6-6 Coupe, 112k miles: Autocross STX season champion 2013.
Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:50 PM   #3
aka swollpatrol

ha I was just checking these out on ebay, but I do want to ask are you sure that the reflector bowls are "good"

what brands are other people running when it comes to ebay blackhousing with the clear reflector...I did find some Depo (which is a brand I trust) blackhousings but I was only able to find them with the orange reflector

Are people really just running what ever blackhousing they find one ebay?
Wolfy47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 10th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #4
Czechopino

Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy47 View Post
ha I was just checking these out on ebay, but I do want to ask are you sure that the reflector bowls are "good"

what brands are other people running when it comes to ebay blackhousing with the clear reflector...I did find some Depo (which is a brand I trust) blackhousings but I was only able to find them with the orange reflector

Are people really just running what ever blackhousing they find one ebay?
Or you can tint the reflector turns out pretty good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2013, 07:11 AM   #5

reflectors arean't that good compared to OEM. If your getting a new set of headlights might as well get some projectors and put them in.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #6
dont deviate

i had Depo blackhousing headlights on my '94 and i liked the quality, so i didnt hesitate to buy Depo for my '07.
htekken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #7
aka swollpatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
reflectors arean't that good compared to OEM. If your getting a new set of headlights might as well get some projectors and put them in.
Yea this is what I was thinking also about the reflectors, and I do plan on retrofitting eventually, but that might be maybe a year down the road maybe longer so Im looking for something with a good reflector from the start that has a clear side reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by htekken View Post
i had Depo blackhousing headlights on my '94 and i liked the quality, so i didnt hesitate to buy Depo for my '07.
bhaha what are you doing on here...look at my S/N since it doesnt seem that you realized
Old March 10th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #8
dont deviate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy47 View Post
bhaha what are you doing on here...look at my S/N since it doesnt seem that you realized
i can recall that name on HS. i dont have the 5th gen anymore. Do you?
htekken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2013, 08:31 PM   #9
Picture Perfect

Don't waste your money on Depo or TYC. The chrome on the reflector will chip and peel and the clear outer lens started to spider web on a replacement TYC a bodyshop put on my coupe. Go OEM if you can afford it, otherwise you're wasting your money.
Milan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #10
aka swollpatrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by htekken View Post
i dont have the 5th gen anymore. Do you?
No I got rid of my 5th gen, about a year ago in about month and a couple days from now but I never made a thread about it

but I just picked up a 5 speed 03 ex coupe a little over a week ago so now I'm on here...lol

any who sorry for the thread jack, back to bis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
Don't waste your money on Depo or TYC. The chrome on the reflector will chip and peel and the clear outer lens started to spider web on a replacement TYC a bodyshop put on my coupe. Go OEM if you can afford it, otherwise you're wasting your money.
I am going to have to disagree with you on depos, because just like htekken said the depos are awesome, and they were actually more popular with the
5th gen crowd than actual jdm stanleys until the price jumped on them a couple months ago to almost the same price as legit jdm stanleys

there have been people rocking depos on their dailys since before 08 with PNP HID's and they are still in excellent condition

I hear that TYC's are iffy (the tailights i have seen last a quite a while but i hear there are some quality issues with the headlights), but my experience with sonar wasnt that great
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #11

I use TYC for retrofits. they have melt ball joints that won't break when u place a heavy projector in.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #12

I have had mine from Ebay over 6 months and had no problems.
cebosound likes this.
djham78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:57 AM   #13
yal

Never had a problem with Depos.
yal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #14

Check out brocksupply I order oem replacements from them for the cheap, got a set of headlights for my 02 dodge ram for 30 bucks per side.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:36 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan View Post
+10000, i tried to save money by going with TYC. the clear outer lens has the spider web peel. looks like crap. waste of a retro in my case.
do note i have protected my headlights just like i do with the paint, good quality sealant every 4 months. but car is usually parked outside and it does get quite hot here, so in about a year they started peeling.
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #16

I'll have some OEM headlights off my car for sale next week if you are actually looking to buy OEM.
minh47em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #17

Well, the ones I have are pretty nasty, if I'm going to buy I'm going to buy OEM brand new. Thanks for all the insight guys, I'll have to see what I wanna do. I might just get OEM style from ebay and use them until I get my promotion then go for OEM, possibly inspire but I'm probably not doing the front end converion so that might be a negative for me LOL.

Thanks again.
phrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by djham78 View Post
I have had mine from Ebay over 6 months and had no problems.
those do look clean.
cebosound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #19
SK8 OR DIE

Buy oem headlights off ebay. If you really take your time scrutinizing every item available and writing the sellers—interrogating about the condition and asking for better pictures—you can find units that are in near perfect condition for about $50-75 each. You'll have to source each lamp from a different seller, but I've done it a couple times with great results. Here let me help you- use an intelligent search phrase like this and you'll see what I'm talking about:
(03,2003) accord oem (headlight,headlamp) -depo -tyc -jdm -projector -ballast
Also I used Wipe New to restore my lenses a couple weeks ago and it worked really well. It's supposed to last for at least two years but we'll see.

GL, HTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in