hardwiring in power port on center console - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1
Wingdreamer

hardwiring in power port on center console

******See my solution further down this string****
Wife wants power plug in the center console as well as the one by the "not an ashtray" rewired so that they are constant 12 volts when the ign is turned off. No biggy pulling it apart to re-wire.

Just wondering if there is a specific wire that I can tap into under the dash that has 12 volts constant? (when the ign is off).

Last edited by wingdreamer; November 1st, 2013 at 06:13 PM..
wingdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #2
JDM UC1

radio
toinkee69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 21st, 2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Wingdreamer

Found wiring harness going to drivers power seat and teed into main power wire (white w/ red stripe, gray hash marks) Works great, but thinking about the relay that shuts off the power to the power outlets. I think that the relay is located in the fuse panel in the left kick panel? Wonder how I could modify the relay so that it doesn't shut off the power... Maybe take the relay apart, gut it and solder the leads together? Its still a fused circuit so its safe either way..... Just not 100% certain as to which relay is the correct one....

Old November 1st, 2013, 05:45 PM   #4
Wingdreamer

Drives me nuts that I cant charge my bluetooth or phone when I shut off the car. Found the solution and its really simple. I did the below process on my sons 2003 Accord EXL, 4 cylinder, 4 door automatic....

WARNING: This worked for me on my car, but I have no idea if your year and model of Accord uses the same wiring. Proceed at your own risk!

1)Turn off ign and remove key. Pull the left fuse cover AND the kick panel out to fully expose the fuse panel.
From this point forward, "left" and "right" is based on looking directly at the fuse block, straight on....

2) Remove the relay in the top right corner, closest to firewall, in spot #32, marked "acc". On my car its a black relay, to the right of a brown relay, and to the left of an empty relay spot.
Look closely, there are 4 slots in the fuse block that the relay came out of (2 vertical on the left, and 2 horizontal on the right side). These slots would coincide with the pins on the relay you removed.

3) Here's the simplicity of this....I made up a jumper wire that consisted of a 2 inch long piece of 16 gauge wire, bare each end and crimp on a flat spade connector on each end.

4) Plug one spade end into the far left vertical slot and the other spade into the adjoining vertical slot to the right. **Do not use the two horizontal slots on the right side of the block**
You have now jumped 12 volts battery voltage directly to the wiring going to your 2 power plugs.

5) Leave the ignition turned off.... Plug a cell phone adapter into the front power plug to see that the led on it powers up. . Unplug one end of the jumper and you will see that the adapter led will shut off. Re-attach jumper wire and adapter will power up again. Remove the accessory fuse (in spot #9) and you will see the adapter power down again. Reinstall the fuse. (relay may have been bypassed, but the circuit is still fused and protected).

6) Make sure that the loop of wire that you made up is tucked in and wont catch on the fuse panel cover when reinstalling, and reinstall the kick panel and fuse box cover. Try turning the ign on and off. led on adapter should stay on at all times. Toss the unused relay in the glove box as a spare.

You're done!

I cant believe it was this simple to do. I will be doing the same mod to my 06 Accord this weekend!

*****Update: Just did my 2006 Accord, V6 EXL w/Nav.... Exact same process as the 03. Relay was in the same spot, jumped the same 2 connections and same great results!*****

Last edited by wingdreamer; November 3rd, 2013 at 08:43 AM..
wingdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in