burnt resistor in flasher relay - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2014, 05:37 PM   #1

burnt resistor in flasher relay

followed this guide but wanted the resistor ASAP and picked up one where the guy said it everything was almost 100%

installed, and resistor burnt and left turn signal wont stop blinking?

problem happened when installing LEDs in Front turn signal. had Rear turn signals

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...n-signals.html
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2014, 09:37 PM   #2

so after following the guide for Preventing Hyper Flash relays for LED Turn Signals, hope this guide can help anyone with a 7th Gen thinking of putting LED Turn Signals, specifically in the Front.

Long story short, would highly recommend installing Load Resistors BEFORE attempting the Flasher Relay Mod to avoid having to buy a new Interior Fuse Box or have an Electrical Issue which could end up being a much bigger PITA

burnt resistor in flasher relay
burnt resistor in flasher relay - Drive Accord Honda Forums

How-To: Prevent Hyper-Flash for LED Turn Signals
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...n-signals.html

i'm going to be as thorough as possible so hopefully if you wanna install LED's esp. in Turn Signals, you can avoid any of my missteps. will also attach and try to keep pictures in my PB as i know how it feels when sometimes a pic is much easier and faster than explaining

1. My Rear Turn Signals are LED SMDs 68 in White:

with just these, i had Hyper Flash but was ok with it and never had any problems 2+ years.

2. All Interior and Exterior (Front 2 Dome Lights, 2 Front Door Step Lights, 1 Rear Dome Light, 1 License Plate, 6 Projector Headlights custom fitted and replaced) are LED SMD 20 and fit without any prob.

there are other version LED 10 and under along with a new LED SMD 28 but this will not fit many locations and LED 20 Wedge Bulb is by far the brightest

pics of LED SMD 20, 10 and 28:

newest 28 version as of 11/2014

pics installed (sry for dim pics but they are way brighter IRL)
2 Front Interior Dome Lights

Rear Dome Light, not this bluish but like the Front Dome Light

Door Stop/Kick Step

License Plate w/LED SMD 68 Rear Turn Signals

Old November 19th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #3

3. pic of 6 Wedge LED SMD 20 in Halo Projector Headlights w/HID Low Beams, Sliver Star High Beams, custom LED White in Emblem and H3 HID Fogs (new Ballast wasn’t good so excuse not having other side installed)

4. Load Resistors for 2 Rear Turn Signals and 2 Front Turn Signals. This is the MOD I would recommend for ANYONE wanting to change to LEDs for Rears and more specifically Front Turn Signals

WARNING – they will get super hot and need to be mounted on metal away from any Plastic or they will MELT almost any plastic they come in contact with

5. The part I had to get after burning the Resistor in the Flasher Relay. Whether it was due to the wattage being too high or too low, from the info I have gathered, Resistor wattage for the Flasher Relay can go from .12 OHM to .48 OHM with wattage 1W all the way up to 10W

I paid $50 for this part from CarBones in CO and highly recommend them for CO Members and next cheapest was $65.

If by chance you replace this and you need the ECU aka ECM or PCM, best price I found was $55 on Car-Part.com

everything is pretty straight forward with the exception of all the Rear Connectors. They are a PITA even if you remove most of the lower Dash but they can be removed

Old November 19th, 2014, 10:02 PM   #4

6. Front Turn Signals – THIS is where most of the problems exists and where the Flasher Relay must be completed successfully after getting all your LED wattage info from sites like:

Current limiting Resistor calculator for leds

will update with pics later but after installing the new Fuse Box on Drivers Side, this info may differ on your LEDs and hopefully avoiding my misstep and not having to replace this part

Blue LEDs – makes a lot of lights come on i.e. When Right Turn Signal is on, both Front and Rear Turn Signals turn on

Sliver Star Bulbs – Rear Tail Lights turn on when in ACC or Lights fully ON position. Right Side has Hyper Flash

OEM Bulbs – Everything works properly like it should and eliminated Hyper Flash without doing the Flasher Relay mod with the LED SMD 68 in Rears installed

The way it sits now is Left Front Turn Signal is OEM Bulb and Right Front Turn Signal is Sliver Star w/LED SMD 68 in both Rears and 4 Load Resistors installed. This combo does not produce Hyper Flash and will update when Flasher Relay is fixed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in