HOW TO: Install A/F Air Fuel Gauge and/or Tach RPM Speedo Gauge - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By 2i2dk1ny2i3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:07 AM   #1

HOW TO: Install A/F Air Fuel Gauge and/or Tach RPM Speedo Gauge

after hours of searching, couldn't find a decent DIY w/pics so hopefully this can help anyone in the future

lots of thanks to Kschwiggy and others

the Air Fuel Gauge aka "Light Show" isn't as beneficial as a wideband but will provide some data

the RPM Gauge, Tach w/shift light, etc. will function and be close to Dash RPMs. i opted for a digital display and idles around 600 and looks to be consistent...with a Vacuum Gauge, can use both in unison to save on Gas

FIY: This was done on a 2003 V6 Auto and some info will differ esp. if Manual

For RPM Gauge
1. Remove Passenger Side Cover and 2 plastic Tabs in the interior...then pop off Vent (black plastic piece), this will reveal the ECU

it has 5 Connectors, the Grey and White one going from left to right so 1 & 2 are the ones you want to remove

2. the Wire you want to splice (take a Exacto or another blade and carefully peel back the cover without cutting the wire, makes it a lot easier, if this is your first time, take your time removing the cover).

Wire 23 on A - Blue with Red Stripe is what your looking to tap into

3. RESET ECU by removing Negative Battery Terminal for like 5 seconds. Turn on Engine and you should now be getting readings to your Tacho w/Shift Lite, Tach, RPM gauge, etc.

For Air Fuel Gauge
1. Remove Passenger Side Cover and 2 plastic Tabs in the interior...then pop off Vent (black plastic piece), this will reveal the ECU

it has 5 Connectors, the Grey and White one going from left to right so 1 & 2 are the ones you want to remove the White One is the Connector for the Air Fuel Gauge

2. i connected mine to 19 White/Red but only getting Rich settings. will update if i find a more Optimal or Middle rather than running or showing as LEAN/RICH

3. Reset ECU by removing Negative Battery Terminal, should be up and running

will try and get a video of the ones i chose but hopefully this will make this process a lot easier for anyone else in the future

for anyone curious, this is what the Green Connector behind the Dash Cluster looks like. You cannot connect and splice the wire for the A/F Gauge as well as RPM/Tach like on some Vehicles

2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 23rd, 2015, 07:44 AM   #2

Wish I had this when i did mine. I hacked up some wire trying to locate the correct rpm signal wire. All is good now, this would of helped a lot!
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2015, 11:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord325 View Post
Wish I had this when i did mine. I hacked up some wire trying to locate the correct rpm signal wire. All is good now, this would of helped a lot!
ah yeah man, i was in the same boat...was like "can't believe someone hasn't made a decent install after 10+ years"

anyhow, couple vids

for the RPM, i opted for a Digital display (Blue in color left)

middle is A/F Gauge aka "light show"...mine doesn't have parameters like the old Auto Meters

last gauge is the Vacuum Gauge and it bounces around from around 10 to 0 under hard acceleration

sry about low quality vids, had to use iPad cuz Cam was out of battery

1st Vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS6z...ature=youtu.be

2nd Vid lower RPMs till about 4K:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzFf...ature=youtu.be

3rd Vid higher RPMs to show Range:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucvx...ature=youtu.be
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in