HOW TO: install TSX Seats into Accord, 4 dr. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2015, 03:50 AM   #1

HOW TO: install TSX Seats into Accord, 4 dr.

i wanted both driver's and pass. but only Driver's made it without deploying Side Airbag so picked up the Driver's side TSX and an OEM Accord Pass Seat.

couple parameters:

1. this was from 4 dr. Acura TSX Sedan to 4 dr. Honda Accord Sedan, not sure it they would fit a Coupe without modifying the Rails which can be a bit more extensive

2. the old Seats i had in mine were: Leather, Heated Seats, w/Side Airbags

3. degree of skill level required would be about 4 out of 10 only because they are fairly heavy Seats to remove and install

on to Install:

1. Fairly easy install, consists of 4 Bolts total. Two large 14mm (i believe going off memory) and same size on the back

only precaution is removing the plastic covers on the back can be a bit tricky but a flat head screwdriver helps

old seat, had 3 rips that i couldn't stand and put a bit of tape to keep the rips from getting any bigger:

2. there are 2 connectors on the Drivers side. 1 Yellow and 1 Grey

3. on Passenger side, 3 connectors. 1 Yellow + 1 Grey (like the two on the drivers side), and 1 more Grey connector

4. final pic, matches the Perforated Steering Wheel cover and the Perf. Shift Knob

2 imperfections, small rip on bottom and side scuff

tip: when looking for Replacements at junk/bone yards or online, make sure to feel the seats or ask about their condition and make sure that they have not turned "Hard" from years of not being cleaned/conditioned. i ran into about 6-8 seats in about 6 months of searching that weren't usable

they should feel soft to the touch as possible and not rock hard and stiff
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 6th, 2015, 12:52 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew03Accord View Post
Wait, are you saying you have two different style seats in the front of your car? Did a passenger airbag go off? Having trouble understanding...

Honestly, man... I would have held out for better seats. Man...that Honda leather.... makes me happy I have black velour seats. Still looking new after 177K.
yep, 1 Driver's Side TSX Leather and a new OEM Pass. side because Leather wasn't great and hopefully heated top portion works

i've been searching for around 6 months and in my state, these are the best ones i've found. i've seen way worse due to cars not being sealed and harsh CO winter

just saw a BLK coupe and it had perforated Leather seats. look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathmc View Post
I clean and condition mine monthly with Lexol, my windows are tinted with UV protectant and I use a sunshade on the windshield when parked. Basically I take really good care of mine, and they are still just a nice as when they rolled off the lot. No cracks, no scratches, no creases and still super soft. In fact I've been impressed will all Honda leather we have a 300K RL in the family and seats are great. Now the vinyl in our Element that's another story those are awful but I've been told EVERYONE has that problem with the Elements.
i use Meguiars, Lexol, and try to stay on a monthly or whenever they look a little dry

UPDATE:

i got more pics to upload soon when the original Driver's Side OEM Honda Seat now w/TSX Leather is in and SRS Light is off.

1. this is what the Accord Seat looks like without the Leather:

2. this i was kinda disappointed. i would've thought it would happen w/say a aftermarket unit from China or something but it slightly burnt/overheated and stopped working. Pass. side bottom part works and top part doesn't. both Seats less than about a year of solid use in CO.

3. SRS Light BEFORE pic and on

4. these little Pins are VERY important to removing the OEM Leather and a pain at first but w/a good set of pliers or two and some patience, skill level required would be around a 7 out of 10...imo

i did a rough count and i believe there are about 20 total per seat. a few other metal hangers holding the Side AirBag if you have that

removing the covers is by far way easier than removing the ODS Unit...accordinGB posted a super helpful Thread about his experience and correct me if i'm wrong but the only way to access it would be special tools, welding tools, or saw into the seat. If there's an easier way, would appreciate it for anyone else

Swapped seats - now have airbag light - Drive Accord Honda Forums

will update hopefully tomorrow
Old June 7th, 2015, 04:05 AM   #3

also picked up a rear bench. long story short, when i let my mom take my car once, we found out the hard salt and seats, and co winter weather don't mix

you can see the remaining soft leather spot and where the seat got hardened, sad day but new ones in!

VERY easy to install literally 2 Bolts holding Rear Top bench and 1 Bolt holding Rear Bottom Bench

Old June 15th, 2015, 01:01 PM   #4

OMG! I didn't know this was possible either. TSX seats & steering wheel here I come. Now to just find some.
jdmspec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 18th, 2015, 05:10 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmspec View Post
OMG! I didn't know this was possible either. TSX seats & steering wheel here I come. Now to just find some.
the Steering Wheel or the Steering Wheel controls

installing the former is way more involved. both are not direct fit replacements
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in