Hvac/radio button illumination - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2017, 09:25 PM   #1

Hvac/radio button illumination

So I just bought an 04 coupe, v6, 6 speed car a few weeks ago. Well I already had a double din ready to go along with a mount for it. So I installed the double din below the stock radio where the pocket originally goes. I used the correct mount and T harness for it. So I go to take a drive that night and my lights behind the radio and hvac controls were not working. Now from searching around here and on other forums I've seen that these are a common issue. But one thread I found said that when installing an aftermarket radio they won't work unless you wire it a certain way. Seeing as how I didn't even have it for a full day before doing the install I have no clue if the radio install caused this or if this was just the way it was when I bought the car. Just looking for some advice as to whether I need to rewire something or if I need a whole new stock radio/hvac. Thanks in advance!

I have cross posted this in multiple forums and so far no one has any answers for me and it's driving me crazy lol. I've searched and searched and searched and can't find any solid answers.

This is the post where a guy is talking about having to wire the orange illumination wire to the red constant...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Turbofetus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2017, 06:48 PM   #2

Here is a pic of what's going on

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Turbofetus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2017, 10:17 AM   #3
J30 LSD

Sounds like you’ll need to get a hold of a wiring diagram to pinpoint the designated circuit that illuminates your screen setting indicators. I cannot advise you on the what wires to look for, unpin, or splice into. If I were you, I would verify that the factory radio illumination features still work on the center module after you uninstall the aftermarket unit and replug everything back. If this is indeed a common disabling issue after linking up an aftermarket radio, then I would look into either splicing or rewiring where appropriate in order to send voltage to where it was originally intended. Good luck.
flylow2cre8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in