5% Tint just on back? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #1
Ash

5% Tint just on back?

I had my Black 04 Accord coupe tinted legally at the Honda dealership when I bought it. Would it look funny to have 5% on just the back? Would it make it a lot darker inside since the cabin is fairly small? Does anyone have a picture I can see?

Thanks!
Ash
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 6th, 2004, 01:41 PM   #2
Banned

5% on the back only? Does that include the small little ones on the side?

If it's just the back it's gonna look weird and ur rear visibility is gonna stink.
vsmack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2004, 03:38 PM   #3
mao
v6p gangster

Send a message via AIM to mao
yah. i have 20% on the back...and i can't see crap at night.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
mao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 6th, 2004, 04:22 PM   #4
Ash

Ok. well tell me what % on what windows would look good keeping the driver and passanger side door legal. I'm in TX, so not sure what that % is, but its legal.

Thanks!
Old April 7th, 2004, 06:11 PM   #5
Ash

Can anybody help?
Old April 7th, 2004, 07:22 PM   #6
mao
v6p gangster

Send a message via AIM to mao
here in cali. the legal percentage is 70. i don't know about TX though..but a good guess would be around 70?...

|
mao is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 7th, 2004, 07:36 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally posted by mao
here in cali. the legal percentage is 70. i don't know about TX though..but a good guess would be around 70?...
Actually in Cali.. the legal limit is 5% on the back including the back two windows, 35% for the front side windows, and just the top 4 inches for the front windshield.

Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2004, 11:19 PM   #8
AKA King

check out my car i had 5% in back

i had 35% in front (got pulled over)

i said **** it if im gettin screwed might as well get screwed hard

so i put 20% in front (got pulled over =P)

now im just 5% in back

(i live in cali)

some dude downsouth said he just got a straight up ticket and not a fix it ticket he got a 175$ ticket!!!

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

ViciousLau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2004, 11:31 PM   #9
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by mao
yah. i have 20% on the back...and i can't see crap at night.

HMMMMM, i have 20 % tint all around and visibility at night time is fine......, you might want to get your eyes checked..............
Lxcord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2004, 11:32 PM   #10
AKA King

haha my 5% i can see....hmm is that a motorcyle? or a car with a broken headlight?? hmmm.....is that a cop o man thats a van hahaha

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old April 16th, 2004, 10:23 AM   #11
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
I don't know why you guys bother with the variations...

I have 5% HP (this is probably the DARKEST tint you can get, darker than LIMO)

Look, if you're gonna have illegal tints, you might as well just go all out, and give your car that nice look.

I'll tell you right now, you will HAVE to drive with your windows down at all times, ESPECIALLY at night, it's like you have tints on the inside too.

But to answer your question, it won't look weird at all, because you can't really look at the side windows and back at the same time (well you could..) but it won't look weird, don't worry. But if I was you, I'd go 5 % all around.

Finally, I remember the first day I got my tints on the AV6, I got pulled over TWICE lol, luckily both cops let me go. I have gotten a tint ticket on my mustang before, pain in the ass oh well.
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2004, 10:31 AM   #12
AKA King

Quote:
Originally posted by LIL TANE
I don't know why you guys bother with the variations...

I have 5% HP (this is probably the DARKEST tint you can get, darker than LIMO)

Look, if you're gonna have illegal tints, you might as well just go all out, and give your car that nice look.

I'll tell you right now, you will HAVE to drive with your windows down at all times, ESPECIALLY at night, it's like you have tints on the inside too.

But to answer your question, it won't look weird at all, because you can't really look at the side windows and back at the same time (well you could..) but it won't look weird, don't worry. But if I was you, I'd go 5 % all around.

Finally, I remember the first day I got my tints on the AV6, I got pulled over TWICE lol, luckily both cops let me go. I have gotten a tint ticket on my mustang before, pain in the ass oh well.
ya when i cant take the heat in the front anymoe 5% in front hahahaha definitely a big pain in the ass oh well laws r laws

if only my car was registered in Nevada there allowed to have all tints and federal law says that each individual state laws they have to abide (at least for window tint i kno the least)

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old April 16th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #13
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
Oh yeah,,,thanks for mentioning that. I can't even tell you how much cooler it keeps the interior. SOOO much better, I don't regret it at all.

Just roll with your windows down all the time and you're straight.

I was NEVER hassled by cops though with my Mustang (I swear they hate imports)

The one time I did get a ticket for the mustang was by a BIKE CAR, and they'll just pull anyone over for any reason but yeah, I still think they like FORDS way more than Imports.
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #14
Ash

Well if I got 5% just on the back or say up to 20%..would it make the inside darker during the day when the sun is out so its harder to see me?
Old April 17th, 2004, 12:34 AM   #15
Banned

Send a message via AIM to 04phataccord
I have seen some coupes on here with 35% with black leather interior and it looks really dark, 5% is just ugly imo and dangerous
04phataccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2004, 11:52 PM   #16
6MT

Send a message via AIM to SlayerGTR
if laws didn't apply, do whuts good for u and ur car, u dun wanna crash ur car while backin out at nite cuz u can't see sheit =)
SlayerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 01:14 AM   #17

next time you have legal tint and you get pulled over just say its stock tint, and the car came like that .

Old April 21st, 2004, 02:17 AM   #18

Legal tint limit in California is none up front (unless it came stock from dealer), and however dark you want at the back. Back when I lived in Texas (5 years ago), the legal tint limit was 35% all around. I doubt that these numbers have changed, but you should find many websites that list them.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Corrion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2004, 09:11 AM   #19
AKA King

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord_V6_400m
next time you have legal tint and you get pulled over just say its stock tint, and the car came like that .
they would only believe u if u have a BMW or Mercedes unfortunatly

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Old April 21st, 2004, 01:45 PM   #20
Hotness?!

Send a message via Yahoo to AccordEXGirl
Whoever said cops don't like imports is right!!! I've gotten pulled over for tint 3 times since having this car...I have 20% all around, which here in Michigan, is illegal...you can only have the back windows and rear windshield tinted not the front 2 windows (well just the top 4 inches but nobody does that hah)...and when I had my domestics, they never hassled me about it

But anyway...just go with tint all around if you want it...I think it looks weird if only the back windows are tinted and not the front 2, but thats just my opinion!

14.681 @ 101.15 mph
::Redline Motorsport Member::
::91 Talon TSi AWD 5spd::
AccordEXGirl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2004, 04:07 AM   #21

Texas window tint law

Texas window tinting law is anything goes on the rear window, and 25% on the sides front and back.
You can look it up here at the http://www.tintcenter.com site.

-- harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash
Ok. well tell me what % on what windows would look good keeping the driver and passanger side door legal. I'm in TX, so not sure what that % is, but its legal.

Thanks!
harrisonca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:53 AM   #22

5% in the back is cool, just use your side mirrors to reverse at night. I got 20 in the front and 5 in the back and I won't want it any other way. I'm kinda debating on whether to tint the front windshield with like 50 or something.
vnguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2004, 01:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnguy
5% in the back is cool, just use your side mirrors to reverse at night. I got 20 in the front and 5 in the back and I won't want it any other way. I'm kinda debating on whether to tint the front windshield with like 50 or something.
Wow tinting the front windshield? That sounds cool but in the state of CA the legal limit is 5% in the back and 35% on the front windows, and a 4in strip on the top of your windshield, but hey its different in the southeast I guess. Is it just me or are the advertised cars on tv usually tinted on there front windshield, they always seem so dark.
Old July 31st, 2004, 01:43 PM   #24
6MT

Send a message via AIM to SlayerGTR
take consideration about whut u CAN see and CANNOT see at night, as this is UR car u could be crashin (Looks aren't that important if u gonna lose ur car)
SlayerGTR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2004, 04:32 PM   #25

yeah that's why I'm just still thinking about it. What is the lightest tint available? I heard of 70. As far as my rear 5%, I can't see anything have to use my side mirrors. Works fine with me.
vnguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2004, 01:18 AM   #26
Premium User

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=35525

You can have any percentage tint on your rear side windows and the rear window in CA
It is beneath me.
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2004, 01:41 PM   #27

Born in raised in Dallas, TX!!!

You can have limo tint (5%) all the way around except your front driver and passenger windows....

On those two front windows, the minimum legal limit is 20%...

I use to have an 00' SE and this was how my windows were tinted!
Hope this helps...
hondatuner7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2004, 01:54 PM   #28
I'm still not 21.

Send a message via AIM to BConly
i have 5% on the rear and quarter panels and 20% on the front windows... i like it
BConly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2004, 03:50 PM   #29

i think it would look good but you would have trouble seein out of it at night. I have 15 on mine except the front windshield and have some problems when there isnt a street light around. It will make it darker during the day but 20% will be able to be seen through. How much visibility depends on the color of your car and interior. I had 20% on my 6th gen silver accord with tan interior and could still see in it at night but my cousins back accord looked darker.
rd6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2004, 06:42 PM   #30
Premium User

I have 5% on all 5 windows. As much as I like the way it looks, it is hard to see at night. However, I would never change it
It is beneath me.
Denali is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in