My impression of the AEM V2 With pics - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 10th, 2004, 02:46 PM   #1
Banned

My impression of the AEM V2 With pics

After 2 1/2 hours for the install for the intake i was ready for the test drive. Right now i have a stock exhaust and i am not sure if it would make a difference with the intake combo. Inital accelleration was a tad better and mid range to upper was a pretty good improvment. Does it justify 250 bucks for the performance and visual of the intake. Yes my engine looks alot better now i think. Changeing or cleaning the filter will probbly be a pain but the air sucking through the intake at 3k plus sounds cool and pulls alittle harder than the stock intake. Maybe on a cooler day it will work out better and plus the computer still is learning? I would say definitly get it if you have a v6 auto but if you are strap for cash i would wait. I dont see how the comptech ice box will over come AEM v2 i dont see it happening . I think the design of the tube is way better then injen. I was expecting at least 8-15hp increase but to tell you the truth this is my first mod and to feel anything really really strong would probbly be a 30-60 hp upgrade. i.e supercharger or turbo. I think in the long run once i get my exhaust the intake wil work twice as better .
Overall i like it esspecially with the acura 2004 TL engine cover and the intake combine looks really cool.
Later

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/575099

unrealcpu is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 10th, 2004, 02:52 PM   #2
"Certified Hybrid Killer"

thanks. you can "feel" 10hp/tq. but butt-dynos aren't sensitive enough for the most part to really know the difference for sure. Too bad you didn't do before/after dynos.
SteVTEC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in