dual exhaust question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:01 PM   #1
7th Gen ACcord

dual exhaust question

hey guys i have a question. i have a 03 accord 4banger and i am planning to get dual exhaust for show. is it possible to have one exhaust can and have 2 exhaust pipe coming out of it??? or should i just have a Y pipe done and have 2 real exhaust??? but then ill be losing torque. so what should i do??
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2004, 01:51 AM   #2
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Accordguy40 Send a message via Yahoo to Accordguy40
Well, you claim that its a show car. So why would you be worried about losing a few feet of torque when you have no plans to race the car???

In all honesty, I think ricing out a car is really a waste of money. Do you want to look cool or do you want to win? I'd rather win. My moto is one ive had ever since I started getting involed with cars....If it doesn't make you go faster, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
Accordguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2004, 04:39 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to 2003 Accord V6
Going show is ricing out your car now...where did u come up with this?
So you saying Rims and Springs are a waste of money since it does not improve speed?
2003 Accord V6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 8th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #4
Eccenpix

lol some people have their head stuck on speeeeeeeed. you know... according to what you are saying 'Accordguy40', you wasted HUGE money by getting 04 AV6 6-spd.

You could get much faster car with much potential with that money. HaHa.

guess my car is rice out as well and mQike's most definitely.

back to topic...
Quote:
Originally posted by xjdMb16a2six
hey guys i have a question. i have a 03 accord 4banger and i am planning to get dual exhaust for show. is it possible to have one exhaust can and have 2 exhaust pipe coming out of it??? or should i just have a Y pipe done and have 2 real exhaust??? but then ill be losing torque. so what should i do??
Yes you can just have two pipes but IMO doesn't look really good. Just get Y pipe... or just ask mufflershop to make Y pipe.

or... do some crazy stuff and make it real dual exhuasts
Old May 8th, 2004, 01:06 PM   #5
Who are you!?

Send a message via AIM to gme2001
Re: dual exhaust question

Quote:
Hey, if you go and get a custom exhaust made you can ask the guy to use smaller diameter piping on the Y pipe. This will cause better back pressure so you wont loose torque.

-Garrett
gme2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #6
Eccenpix

Mine is 2.25'' / 2'' by the way... stock size is 1.75'' from beginning to end I think.
Old May 8th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #7
7th Gen ACcord

hey Eccen did you feel any lowend tq lost after you got your exhaust done??? only reason im worry about lowend lost is because my car is already slow enough. i just like how the dual exhaust look.
Old May 8th, 2004, 01:23 PM   #8
Who are you!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Eccen
Mine is 2.25'' / 2'' by the way... stock size is 1.75'' from beginning to end I think.
Mine is 3" all the way back single exhaust... which doesnt help this topic at all, hahahaha sorry
Old May 8th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #9
Formerly Known As...

Send a message via AIM to i4performance
Here's a question. What do these cars have in common:
  • Honda S2000
  • Dodge Neon SRT-4
  • Mazda 6 (4-cyl.)
  • Audi A4 1.8 (4-cyl.)

And most importantly: The Acura TSX.

They're all 4-bangers with dual exhausts. I'm sure there are more too. How do they pull it off without losing any torque? Or are they losing torque? And I say most importantly the Acura TSX because we 4-banger Accords share the same exact engine components as the TSX.
i4performance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2004, 03:31 PM   #10
Who are you!?

Quote:
Originally posted by i4performance
Here's a question. What do these cars have in common:
  • Honda S2000
  • Dodge Neon SRT-4
  • Mazda 6 (4-cyl.)
  • Audi A4 1.8 (4-cyl.)

And most importantly: The Acura TSX.

They're all 4-bangers with dual exhausts. I'm sure there are more too. How do they pull it off without losing any torque? Or are they losing torque? And I say most importantly the Acura TSX because we 4-banger Accords share the same exact engine components as the TSX.
Small exhaust pipe, and a resonator to cut down on the noise which creats back pressure. These dual exhaust are also not true dual exausts so you are not loosing as much back pressure as one would think.

-Garrett
Old May 8th, 2004, 06:07 PM   #11

don't get dual on a four banger.
you are just wasting money.
it adds weight and also loses torque.
if you really like dual exhaust you should trade in and get
v6 or just go for cars that really have functional need for dual exhaust. to me accord is not a racer and should not be riced out.
when i see people with lambo doors slammed to the ground it makes me wonder why they are choosing to do this on a mass produced car that weren't intended to be a racer.
if you want to have racy look with some performance go get 3z or rx8. not a hater
isaacjson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to Teirs
You got to remember that the V6 accord's exhausts aren't true duals either, unless the 7th gen is true, I know the 6th isnt. I think you should go for it if you feel like it. I saw a 4banger with dual exhausts, I thought it looked weird because it didnt have the right trim and the v6 badge and had 4 lug rims.
Teirs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2004, 07:24 PM   #13
member: stroppy moo club

Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
They have dual outlet mufflers. Use one. Looks better then a y-pipe IMO. Y-pipes just scream FAKE DUAL EXAUST HERE to me.
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2004, 11:26 PM   #14
Eccenpix

^^^ you can hide y pipe under body and just show two outcoming pipes... which I am planning to do as I get rear lip. I've already checked my underside and planned detailed piping.

Some may think it is 'ricey' but hell, I like it and that is all what matters.

Quote:
hey Eccen did you feel any lowend tq lost after you got your exhaust done??? only reason im worry about lowend lost is because my car is already slow enough. i just like how the dual exhaust look.
At first, it kinda felt a little slower at low-end simply because... it is louder yet car isn't really pulling fast. haha. but yea, I think it is about same as stock after comparing it with my friend's stock I4.

It does not improve performance probably (I don't want to waste money to dyno my car). I suppose to lose low-end and gain high-end but it is just same as stock IMO. 100% totally for show.

If you are thinking of performance wise, don't do it. Definitely not worth it for the greenies.

gme2001, is that 3'' on V6? Isn't that too big for our accords? I think that is way too big even for V6s...
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:58 AM   #15
7th Gen ACcord

okay im not trying to make my car a racer car. only reason i want dual is exhaust is because IMO wit the rear oem lip it loooks weird wit only 1 exhaust. anyways i thought or something the other day. what if i get 1 exhaust and have a Y pipe done from the exhaust and have the tips on one each side. what do you guys think?
Old May 9th, 2004, 01:08 AM   #16
Eccenpix

^^^ that is possible but will take some time to figure where to position the muffler and how the pipe will go. There isn't much space to play around under our car except very rear...
Old May 9th, 2004, 06:07 AM   #17
ICUCNME2

I always make modifications to MY automobiles to suit MY taste not others.

If you want dual exhaust then do it.

I've driven vehicles straight from the dealers lot directly to body shops, tire shops or repair shops just so I can get something changed to my liking.

Before I had 100 miles on this car I had the rear H emblem and mirrors (hideous black trim) and brackets painted to match the color of the car, the front emblem and flying wing painted Honda flat black, I removed the V-6 and ACCORD emblem everything under the rear painted black to hide annoying looking shiny metal nuts and bolts and anything else that was shiny also the rear tow hook painted black so it wouldn't standout like a sore thumb.

I installed a Borla Cat Back exhaust and I painted all visible signs of shiny metal on it black the only thing you see from the rear of my automobile is the chrome tips I believe why draw attention to mufflers in MY opinion mufflers are ugly and why draw attention from your automobile to some big ugly shiny cylinder hanging below your car. This modification was done just for some added sound that was lacking with the stock and was not done to gain any horsepower.

I also replaced all the speakers and added amplifiers to obtain a sound that I prefer.

I will also do a few other modifications when I deem them necessary after thorough research.

Sorry about the long post but the point is "It's YOUR vehicle" and do whatever you want to do to it and listen to other people's advice and suggestions and then evaluate those ideas and act on only the ones you prefer or come up with yourself.
Old May 9th, 2004, 05:35 PM   #18
7th Gen ACcord

lol. the whole of making this thread if i should have a Y pipe done wit 2exhaust can or just have 1 exhaust and 2 pipe sticking out.
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:29 AM   #19
Banned

HA..

And you wasted even MORE $$$ by getting an accord 4 banger, which I'm sure is an automatic, because someone of your intelligence level couldn't possibly know how to owrk a maunal transmition.

And speaking of 4 banger (ouch), what are you doing writing messages on this forum for anyways. Your dumb as we all know, now you cant read? This is V6PERFORMANCE.NET.

They're all laughing at you!!! Sucker!
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:01 PM   #20
Who are you!?

Quote:
Originally posted by Eccen
^^^
gme2001, is that 3'' on V6? Isn't that too big for our accords? I think that is way too big even for V6s...
I have a 6th gen V6 and Im running at about 6 psi of boost. I didnt want to get the 3" but when I felt the results after it was installed I didnt want to go back to a smaller diameter.

-Garrett

Last edited by gme2001; May 10th, 2004 at 12:17 PM..
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #21
Who are you!?

Re: HA..

Quote:
Originally posted by Accordguy40
And you wasted even MORE $$$ by getting an accord 4 banger, which I'm sure is an automatic, because someone of your intelligence level couldn't possibly know how to owrk a maunal transmition.

And speaking of 4 banger (ouch), what are you doing writing messages on this forum for anyways. Your dumb as we all know, now you cant read? This is V6PERFORMANCE.NET.

What is wrong with him posting on this forum? It is open to everyone. Just because he has a 4 banger and not a V6 does not mean he cant post up questions or ideas. If you dont have anything constructive to say why post anything at all? If he wants to change the way his car looks more power to him.

-Garrett
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #22
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce

Quote:

watch urself man, our site welcomes anyone who wants to join doesnt matter if they have an i4 or not, we do have a 4 banger corner on here
Old May 10th, 2004, 01:01 PM   #23
ICUCNME2

Quote:

Well you showed your intelligence level and it's obviously lower than a snake's belly on the ground.

I find it hard to believe that this site would allow jerks like you to run other people into the ground, people like you who think it makes them look good to slam others are just insecure with their own well-being.

I suggest you take a look in the mirror and you will discover who the dummy is.
Old May 10th, 2004, 01:31 PM   #24
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally posted by Accordguy40 on May 10th, 2004 at 01:29 PM

owrk a maunal transmition.

They're all laughing at you!!!
Some may be laughing at you.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2004, 04:11 PM   #25
7th Gen ACcord

thnkz for backing me guys. i aint gonna even respond to his post. already too much of this shiet going around.
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #26
___

Quote:
Originally posted by Accordguy40 on May 10th, 2004 at 10:29 AM

you know what bro, this kind of attitude isn't going to be tolerated on our site! This is going to be a warning to you and if I see any more condescending posts like these, you will be banned.

If you want to give your opinion, you can give it without calling people dumb or other petty CRAP like that.

If you haven't noticed, V6P welcomes all people regardless of what car they drive!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:18 PM   #27
Eccenpix

Quote:

Thanks for letting me use following link once more.
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/report.php?s=&postid=382845

btw, yes I know how to handle MT (had '99 lude 5spd before - was complete stock though). I may not be a good driver, but I know I am at least an average driver.

Last edited by Eccen; May 10th, 2004 at 09:30 PM..
Eccen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:21 PM   #28
Old Member

Send a message via AIM to Du3ce
Accordguy40???I hope to god he's not 40 years old
Du3ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:54 PM   #29
___

ok, no more about accordguy40 Back on topic
borinka99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:06 AM   #30
Banned

Re: Re: HA..

Quote:
Originally posted by LQQK
Well you showed your intelligence level and it's obviously lower than a snake's belly on the ground.

I find it hard to believe that this site would allow jerks like you to run other people into the ground, people like you who think it makes them look good to slam others are just insecure with their own well-being.

I suggest you take a look in the mirror and you will discover who the dummy is.

Thanks Dr. Phil, I'll make sure I am a GOOD boy from now on...

And lower than a snakes belly on the ground?? What on earth are you smoking? Your input is not needed, so why don't you go back to your classroom and wait for the schoolbus while your punk ass gets robbed for your spare change...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in