Which style of shift knob is better - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2004, 01:58 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to TopDecKer
Which style of shift knob is better

So yea, this is my first post on this website, but i read it all the time. I used to own an 03 AV6 accord coupe, the blue, but my bro took it, and i upgraded to an 04 MTv6 with navi and i LOVE it. My only delima is i can't stand the shift knob, and i really want to replace it. I've looked at different shift knobs for god knows how long, and i've narrowed it down to two. The first, is a razo 400 g weighted knob: http://www.cardomain.com/item/RAZRA66 . I really like the look and think it'd look nice in the interior.

The other knob, is the MOMO f-16 EVO, the titanium finish with the carbon fiber top: http://www.cardomain.com/item/MOMF16ECBN

They are totally different styles, and i was wondering which one you guys would think is more comfortable? Basically, if you think it would be easier to shift with your hand on top of the knob, or gripping around the sides of it, cause in the factory knob i can't tell which one i like more. Any opinions are welcome.
TopDecKer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 16th, 2004, 02:40 AM   #2
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
definitely MOMO..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2004, 04:29 AM   #3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 16th, 2004, 11:23 AM   #4
Boldly saying nothing

I am going to approach this from a different angle. What is it that you don't like about the stock knob? The look or the feel? If it is looks you are going for then go for the MOMO as the Razo looks almost like the stock knob in general shape. If you are going for something with a better feel, find a place that has the same knobs or knobs of similar design in stock and pick the one that feels best in your hand.
rallykid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 16th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to TopDecKer
I'd prefer just to go to a shop to buy one cause then i can feel them before i buy, but where could i go for this?
TopDecKer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2004, 02:17 AM   #6
God of Car

Send a message via AIM to i3igpete
i dont know about you, but i'd steer clear of knobs that require a set-screw. i hate them with a passion. even if you loctite the hell out of that set screw, it's still biting into rubber. you will never get that truly solid feel with a set-screw.

if you don't mind the 5-sp pattern cut into the top, i'd highly suggest the 440gram knob from skunk2. it's got a dark grey machined finish that matches the black interior very well. best of all, it's threaded for our levers. and the best part about using a threaded knob is when you tighten down the knob, when you force it those extra turns to face the right direction, it cuts a light thread into the unthreaded section of lever. this means that the knob will be rock solid.
i3igpete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2004, 02:37 AM   #7
Just Gettin Started . .

Send a message via AIM to strikn acordH22
ya the momo one's nice. but id go with wat feels good with you. personally i like the sphere shift knob. the others dont really feel rite to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2001 accord sedan EX jdm 97 H22
strikn acordH22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 20th, 2004, 10:55 PM   #8
God of Car

Send a message via AIM to i3igpete
MOMO = BAD

because of the set-screw
i3igpete is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2004, 02:22 AM   #9
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally posted by i3igpete on June 20th, 2004 at 09:55 PM

MOMO = BAD

because of the set-screw
can you explain more?
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in