Installed Basslink tonight :) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2004, 01:48 AM   #1
Clueless Newbie

Talking Installed Basslink tonight :)

http://melvinchu.com/gallery/view_al...mName=basslink

Total time: ~4 hours, but this was my first amp/subwoofer installation.

The hardest part was snaking that mother f-ing built in inline fuse holder through the grommet. Whoever designed that should die.

All in all not too bad - just time consuming and hot. (Sweated like crazy in this TX heat) No grounding/whining issues to speak of.

Regarding the bass - sounds fantastic so far I need to tune it badly though - haven't had a chance to tweak it from the default settings. The remote is super handy - the ability to adjust from the drivers seat is awesome.

Still need to hide the wires a lil better and secure the Basslink down. All in all this was worth the $195 I paid for it though - it's not overwhelming bass but it definitely adds satisfying low end oomph. It also allows me to have my trunk space, which I don't use all that much but it's nice to have.

The install pics could be much better but I didn't do it step by step like previous installs - just too tiring to do that.

Oh yea most of all - special thanks to Kevin, ala "Sandwiches" here on V6P.net for all his help. He's helped me with every single install I've done on my car except for the head unit stuff. I've bombarded him with billions of the most retarded questions you can think of and he answers every single one of them. He basically talked me through the entire install beforehand from start to finish. Without his help I'd be SOL. Much thanks Kevin!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Satin Interior / TL rear sway / Type-S Front Speakers / Dynamat Xtreme / Infinity Basslink / Pioneer DEH-P7700MP

Last edited by GraphiteI4; June 19th, 2004 at 01:51 AM..
GraphiteI4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 19th, 2004, 09:17 AM   #2
Silver Sleeper

awesome now i want one....need to save up though, i just ordered the projector headlights.

03accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2004, 09:26 AM   #3
Senior Moderhater

Send a message via AIM to abram2001
just out of curiosity... why did you shove the power wire in backwards? you should have started from the engine bay... and pushed in the end that is further away from the fuse. That way your not goin through the struggle to push in that big fuse through the small gromett hole.

anways, good choice in sub.
abram2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 19th, 2004, 10:16 AM   #4
Clueless Newbie

Short of lifting the car up and takin off the wheel well shroud, it's absolutely impossible to reach that particular grommet. To be honest, even then I don't even know if you could after having done that.

Satin Interior / TL rear sway / Type-S Front Speakers / Dynamat Xtreme / Infinity Basslink / Pioneer DEH-P7700MP
Old June 19th, 2004, 10:35 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to chiefy
looks good
good job on the install for 1st time
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2004, 01:35 PM   #6
you gotta rub to dub!

Send a message via AIM to relentless
Good job! I took mine to a stereo shop to get it tuned and they used instruments which I never would of thought to use. Im not too stereo savy. But one thing I did notice though is you have yours mounted upwards. When the shop did mine, they told me I would get better performance with the basslink laying horizontal.
Here is mine for reference. Also, didnt yours come with a bass controller? If not, I would highly recommend it!

relentless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2004, 01:35 PM   #7
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

Man this install guide would've been real handy if you had done this before i got the basslink. I had a local shop do the install. But i had to install the remote level control and secure the BL into place. This the way i held it into place. Screw vertical mounts to floor(used 2 screws for the front only). Use one vertical mount on top righthand side and a zip tie to the trunk net hook. The basslink doesn't move at all.

Last edited by Hongda; June 19th, 2004 at 01:49 PM..
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2004, 01:39 PM   #8
you gotta rub to dub!

I didnt want them drilling my trunk just in case I needed the spare tire. So they used this industrial strength velcro which sticks to the material of the trunk. So I can remove my basslink anytime. And it doesnt move either.
Old June 19th, 2004, 04:03 PM   #9
Clueless Newbie

Hey relentless - thanks for the props What settings is yours tuned to? I tuned it according to the manual but not sure what are the best settings (including the bass control the head unit itself) and yep, it included the remote. Regarding horizontal vs vertical - I'm driving around with it vertical for a few days and I'll switch it to horizontal for comparison. ANd can you get that industrial strength velcro at Home Depot/Lowes? I only have 2 screws drilled in right now but velcro would be awesome.

Hongda - I did the same where I only used the 2 screws that you showed but didn't do the other mount.

Old June 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM   #10

Yah, what kind of velcro is that. I just put my basslink in last week, and I think that velcro would be a lot better, as you can take the basslink out if you need to. My basslink is vertical, what degree setting does everyone have theirs set on 180 or 0?
Accorddude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2004, 06:32 PM   #11

Where did you get the basslink for 195!!!?? i want one
2spEeDautO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 20th, 2004, 01:23 AM   #12
you gotta rub to dub!

The stereo shop had the velcro but im sure Home Depot or Lowes will carry it. They called it industrial strength and when I looked at it, it was actual plastic. It wasnt like the standard velcro where one side is plastic and the other side is that soft material. Both sides were plastic and when squeezed together, the tiny rod things would grab each other and it was a tight bond. And the sticky side stuck well to the carpet. But once you apply it, and try to remove it, Youll need to install new ones.

Ill check the basslink settings tomorrow and post them. And Ill also post a picture of the velcro too.

You can pick up the Basslink on ebay for a little over 200 bucks which includes the basslink remote.
Old June 20th, 2004, 02:09 AM   #13
vroom vroom

Looks great! And awsome guide GraphiteI4! Really informative, just like your last one!

But the pricing for that little sub is kind of expensive is it not?
Old June 20th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #14
Clueless Newbie

Hey cts,

The $195 included shipping. If you think about it - it is a totally built in enclosure with amp included - it's really not that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

relentless - stopped by Home Depot last night and picked some up - that's definitely a great idea as opposed to screws. Thanks
Old June 20th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #15
Boosted!

Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
does it bump
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 20th, 2004, 02:49 PM   #16
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7

Send a message via AIM to Loulax07
I installed this in my 6th gen last year. Have it mounted diff and have the control knob under my headunit.

2002 Accord EX V6 Coupe - Nighthawk Black

Loulax07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2004, 07:05 PM   #17

looks like the install instructions are not working anymore. for anyone with the built-in unit with NAVI, how do u connect the two together?
7thGenACCORDcom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2004, 07:59 PM   #18
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentless
The stereo shop had the velcro but im sure Home Depot or Lowes will carry it. They called it industrial strength and when I looked at it, it was actual plastic. It wasnt like the standard velcro where one side is plastic and the other side is that soft material. Both sides were plastic and when squeezed together, the tiny rod things would grab each other and it was a tight bond. And the sticky side stuck well to the carpet. But once you apply it, and try to remove it, Youll need to install new ones.
Its usually called Hook and Loop Tape

my subs are still not bolted or nothing....

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in