Tint and Spoiler..... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2004, 01:11 PM   #1
7yr / 120K

Tint and Spoiler.....

I'm debating on adding a spoiler and some LIGHT 50% tint but would like to find some images of both before I decide. Does anyone know where I can locate some good pictures of the lip spoiler and light tint on coupe (preferably RED). I was hoping that some of you guys have these things done and have pictures you could post. I haven't seen a coupe in person that had the lip spoiler or light tint and looked online but found no good pics.

Thanks in Advance!
Celestion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 21st, 2004, 02:10 PM   #2

Spoiler pictures are all over the internet, just do a google search. As for the 50% tints, why bother? What state do you live in? Is darker illegal? I will try to find pics of 50% tints.
theslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2004, 02:12 PM   #3
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Doesn't the Honda accessories site show the front lip on a red coupe?
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 21st, 2004, 02:36 PM   #4
7yr / 120K

I really don't like dark tint and I just want to cool the interior down some and protect the leather without screwing with my vision or drastically changing the look of the car. BTW 35% is legal in my state.

I'll have to look again to try and dig up a good lip spoiler pic. Anyone on this forum got one....? I guess thats the same for tint. All the pics I see are very dark, i.e. 20-5% Make me wonder why I want two things that no one else has on there car.

Last edited by Celestion; June 21st, 2004 at 02:39 PM..
Old June 21st, 2004, 04:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Celestion
I really don't like dark tint and I just want to cool the interior down some and protect the leather without screwing with my vision or drastically changing the look of the car. BTW 35% is legal in my state.

I'll have to look again to try and dig up a good lip spoiler pic. Anyone on this forum got one....? I guess thats the same for tint. All the pics I see are very dark, i.e. 20-5% Make me wonder why I want two things that no one else has on there car.
I would check the forums that are dedicated for pics.
theslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2004, 06:08 PM   #6
Guam, U.S. of A.

A 50% tint is not going to make a difference... your actually wasting your money. If your looking at getting a tint then why not go for the legal limit of 35%? Even 35% is not going to show much but it's better than wasting your money on a 50% tint. Most likely any tint shop will try to persuade you go go atleast 35% but hey your money your call...

BTW, post pics if you do end up going with a 50% b/c the majority of the members on this forum has 20% or lower.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008' Acura TL Type-S (Alabaster Silver)
D R E W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 21st, 2004, 09:24 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to johnswu
lol 50% is still like clear. at 35% its grey but black at some angles and at 20% is pretty much black from all angles
johnswu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 22nd, 2004, 12:18 AM   #8
7yr / 120K

I found a few good images of 50%. Both of these cars have 50 on the two front doors. The Passat has 20 on the back and the B'mer has 35 on the back.

So ok, the 50% is really light but that is actually the look I'm going for. I got a few quotes of around $120 so that not too bad. I could always do the 50 on the doors and 35 on the corners and back. I dunno, gotta think about it over the next week.

About the wing, has anyone here added a wing.... how much did it cost wing labor and paint. I was thinking of getting one online but don't know if I should buy it painted or just take the raw spoiler to a body shop or something. I would rather avoid getting bent over by the dealer, I know how expensive it must be.

Last edited by Celestion; June 22nd, 2004 at 12:23 AM..
Old July 31st, 2004, 03:46 AM   #9

Danger Danger Cheap Tint!

$120 is a good price, but it sounds a bit low. Some of my friends also did some price shopping for tint, but it turned purple after a year in the Cali sun. If you know what brand of film the tint shop is using, you can check to make sure you are getting quality window film on your car at http://www.tintcenter.com.

-- harrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion
I found a few good images of 50%. Both of these cars have 50 on the two front doors. The Passat has 20 on the back and the B'mer has 35 on the back.

So ok, the 50% is really light but that is actually the look I'm going for. I got a few quotes of around $120 so that not too bad. I could always do the 50 on the doors and 35 on the corners and back. I dunno, gotta think about it over the next week.

About the wing, has anyone here added a wing.... how much did it cost wing labor and paint. I was thinking of getting one online but don't know if I should buy it painted or just take the raw spoiler to a body shop or something. I would rather avoid getting bent over by the dealer, I know how expensive it must be.
harrisonca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2004, 11:57 AM   #10
tml

IMO its hard to see how a tint is realy like through a pic, if you want a 50% tint go look at it with your own eyes up close. But for the deck spoiler, great choice i just wish i bought that instead.
tml is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2004, 03:04 PM   #11
I feel da need 4 6-speeds

Send a message via ICQ to flyvtec Send a message via AIM to flyvtec Send a message via Yahoo to flyvtec
I have 50% front and 35% rear in my 6 speed. 50% is very light but it does the job for me here in sunny San Diego. Plus I have a black car so i wanted the lighter tint look.
flyvtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in