Why dont more people clear the front amber? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 139
Why dont more people clear the front amber?

I am just curious why most people, especially those who have the stock headlights, don't clear the front amber piece. I know I def want to; what do you think the best way to do it is? Take out the amber or just put a sticker over it? Does anyone have pics of their's cleared? Thanks,
Evan
egolub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:47 PM   #2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 761
Quote:
Originally Posted by egolub
I am just curious why most people, especially those who have the stock headlights, don't clear the front amber piece. I know I def want to; what do you think the best way to do it is? Take out the amber or just put a sticker over it? Does anyone have pics of their's cleared? Thanks,
Evan
Some people like the amber look...i think.
But for me, I just too lazy to spend 3-4 hours on opening up the headlights to take the amber piece out.
I plan on maybe doing a retrofit of some hid projecters, so I might as well do everything at once.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #3
thread killer
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,114
Send a message via AIM to vtecricebox
cleared stocks are ugly imo
vtecricebox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:52 PM   #4
Banned
 
snikwad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sorry ass J-ville, NC
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via AIM to snikwad
cause most of them dont knwo they can buy em used or get DIY tips from here. so they keep it stock, thinking there only choice is to buy them expensive $120 pr.
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:56 PM   #5
TeQ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 138
i like the amber look....however i thought the amber was a little too bright so i changed that....mine is darker now, you can check some pics out at my page. cardomain.com/id/teqhwan
TeQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 01:57 PM   #6
Banned
 
snikwad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sorry ass J-ville, NC
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via AIM to snikwad
also some peopel are afraid it may be illegal too.
but im just guessing and using it as an excuse to post whore.
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 02:05 PM   #7
Registered User
 
duman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: the Creek
Posts: 157
Send a message via Yahoo to duman
where can you fine the jdm's cheap? i like the clear
duman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #8
Registered User
 
Captal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 1,171
I spray painted mine black when I blackhoused.

Most people probably don't because it's a PITA to take the lights apart, especially for something like that.
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 03:20 PM   #9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 139
Is it a similar process as on the new civics? B/c my roomate did it on his civic...
egolub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 03:21 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 365
because no matter what it's going to leak. Factory seal is the best.
vnguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 03:24 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 150
Well, when the light reflected from the side of the vehicle goes under a certain amount lumen, it'll becomes illegal.
shockwave1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 04:19 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Shadytype's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Exit 9
Posts: 439
Send a message via AIM to Shadytype
i put a sticker over mine. Looks decent
Shadytype is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:15 PM   #13
DOO
Senior Member
 
DOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: nj
Posts: 480
because it's only an accord and what kind of conversation topic is, "Look, I cleared my headlights!"
DOO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:24 PM   #14
member: stroppy moo club
 
bored&stroked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mesa AZ
Posts: 2,321
Send a message via ICQ to bored&stroked Send a message via AIM to bored&stroked
Quote:
Originally Posted by egolub
I am just curious why most people, especially those who have the stock headlights, don't clear the front amber piece.
Partly because cleared is boring, I mean theres nothing too it, no color, just clear.
And the other reason is the same reason why more people don't buy big block 500 cubic inch chevy v8's. Why someone wouldn't want that I don't know....
__________________
Yes, Im still here and watching silently....
78 c10- bad to the bone. Playtoy.
98 GMC 1500- so low, so sweet. Daily driver #1.
06 CBR600F4i- freakin rocket ship. Daily #2.

Disclaimer- I can't spell correctly to save my life.
bored&stroked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:28 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOO
because it's only an accord and what kind of conversation topic is, "Look, I cleared my headlights!"
I wasn't really looking for a conversation topic. I'm just looking for a cleaner, more european looking front.
egolub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #16
I AM LOST....
 
brex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,681
Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOO
because it's only an accord and what kind of conversation topic is, "Look, I cleared my headlights!"
what's your point? let's not post up meaningless and sadistic stuff here...
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 28th, 2004, 06:46 AM   #17
Banned
 
snikwad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sorry ass J-ville, NC
Posts: 5,093
Send a message via AIM to snikwad
never mind him. HATER! right there
snikwad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:41 PM   #18
Guam, U.S. of A.
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by egolub
I am just curious why most people, especially those who have the stock headlights, don't clear the front amber piece. I know I def want to; what do you think the best way to do it is? Take out the amber or just put a sticker over it? Does anyone have pics of their's cleared? Thanks,
Evan
Evan,

I prefer the amber look because the trend nowadays is JDM this... JDM that... JDM everywhere. The cleared out look is only good for the older Hondas since it gives a cleaner appearance. The cleared out look is sooo 1999 anyways.

Checkout the DIY blackhousing project. Very simple thing to do but time consuming. Looks really nice! BTW, at the SEMA show they supposedly had a 7th Gen. Accord headlight already done in the usual JDM style look (black housing). Not sure if it's available but I would glady spend money on that rather than tearing apart my OEM lights and risking problems with moisture and what not.

- Andrew
D R E W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2004, 01:25 AM   #19
I AM LOST....
 
brex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,681
Send a message via AIM to brex
Yes.. stock like aftermarket blackhousing headlight is available..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2004, 07:50 AM   #20
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
 
03LXV6Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Jax
Posts: 3,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by egolub
I am just curious why most people, especially those who have the stock headlights, don't clear the front amber piece.
Maybe because it's illegal.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 30th, 2004, 10:36 PM   #21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 139
Thanks for your input guys. I dont know if I like the black housings on a silver car; they look nice, i just think im going for a different look. And Drew, I completely understand that everyone is going for that JDM look, but no matter what the trend is, i personally will always think that clear will look cleaner, smoother, and more european than amber (as long as its not done cheesy...chrome housings). But anyway, keep the opionons coming....
Thanks
egolub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 07:20 PM   #22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 54
Send a message via AIM to BrabusCclass
Im lazy and its too time consuming. Hehe.
BrabusCclass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #23
Registered User
 
NightShift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 885
Send a message via AIM to NightShift
im taking it out along with my projector retro. i like the clear chome look... looks good on some colors
NightShift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 09:45 PM   #24
Squarely Stock
 
vsubbiah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 144
Because there's this voice in my head that says:

"Are you retarded? You're putting a factory sealed $250+ headlight into a 350 degree oven?"

and then that voice stops me. But people do have their preferences and more cajones then I do

I like the amber look it's nice and bright. I like bright. If i clear it out, sometimes people won't know when i'm turning during the daylight.
vsubbiah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 11:17 PM   #25
Registered User
 
NightShift's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 885
Send a message via AIM to NightShift
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsubbiah
If i clear it out, sometimes people won't know when i'm turning during the daylight.
If people don't know when your turning in the daylight ...
NightShift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 11:56 PM   #26
Registered User
 
willshire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 760
Send a message via ICQ to willshire Send a message via AIM to willshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecricebox
cleared stocks are ugly imo
Haha, straight jdm yo!
willshire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2004, 10:15 AM   #27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 365
willshire did you use to own an Integra? I see that name around honda-tech in the past.
vnguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2004, 12:42 PM   #28
Rolling on 19's
 
00&03Accords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: East L.A.
Posts: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by D R E W
Evan,

I prefer the amber look because the trend nowadays is JDM this... JDM that... JDM everywhere. The cleared out look is only good for the older Hondas since it gives a cleaner appearance. The cleared out look is sooo 1999 anyways.

Checkout the DIY blackhousing project. Very simple thing to do but time consuming. Looks really nice! BTW, at the SEMA show they supposedly had a 7th Gen. Accord headlight already done in the usual JDM style look (black housing). Not sure if it's available but I would glady spend money on that rather than tearing apart my OEM lights and risking problems with moisture and what not.

- Andrew


Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
Yes.. stock like aftermarket blackhousing headlight is available..
Where?
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2004, 01:15 PM   #29
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
 
SteVTEC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Commietown, MD
Posts: 5,056
trendy stuff like big wings, big wheels, big bodykits, and clears will come and go, but more power will never get old.
SteVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2004, 02:32 PM   #30
Registered User
 
willshire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 760
Send a message via ICQ to willshire Send a message via AIM to willshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnguy
willshire did you use to own an Integra? I see that name around honda-tech in the past.
Nope, that's not me.
willshire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On