Naked Accord - Missing a Spoiler - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:08 PM   #1

Naked Accord - Missing a Spoiler

For some reason I didn't pay the extra and get the factory spoiler on my new Accord and now I'm regretting it. I've never owned a car without a spoiler before and the car just looks naked.

I know alot of places I can get the stock spoiler. What I am curious about is what other spoilers are out there, which ones do you guys recommend for the Sedan? Preferably something not toooo wild... I still want it to look like a Sedan...
far2wise is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2004, 10:13 PM   #2
7th Gen ACcord

i think the deck lid looks good on the sedan
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:23 PM   #3
Honda/Acura Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Plumaccordcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjdMb16a2six
i think the deck lid looks good on the sedan

Try www.Handaaccessories.com for a good price on one or any other Honda OEM accessories.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Senior Moderator and Florida Co-Moderator

If you have any questions or need to report something, either PM me or if I am online, IM me.

July Calendar:
Plumaccordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2004, 10:39 PM   #4

I got a 04 sedan and will be putting on my deck lid next week..
SWEET!!!hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumaccordcoupe

Try www.Handaaccessories.com for a good price on one or any other Honda OEM accessories.
v6mmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2004, 01:04 AM   #5

Talking

Personally I gotta say the wing on the sedan looks better (but thats just me )
sophmeat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2004, 08:40 AM   #6

I did the same thing, didn't get a spoiler at the time of purchase. So now I'm getting it installed at my first oil change. $733Can installed for a Honda one, $400CAN installed for an aftermarket. The sedan looks sharp with a spoiler.

Saw one with a hood protector and I thought that looked good, so I'm getting one of those too. $50 extra to get a Honda one vs a Canadian Tire one.
Gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2004, 08:46 AM   #7
Squarely Stock

You can get it from www.handaaccessories.com or www.collegehillshonda.com. I have the OEM wing spoiler on mine and I must agree with other people that it looks slightly better. But every person has their own opinion.

DO NOT get those spoilers that claim to be just like OEM from ebay or other sites. If it's not genuine Honda don't get it.

Also, I installed the wing spoiler myself. The holes for it are premarked on the inside and the only difficult thing would be manipulating the springs. It just takes a little bit of muscle (which I didn't have).
vsubbiah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2004, 11:16 AM   #8

i like both spoilers alot almost about the same... i have seen both on the sedan.. the wing looks great, the lid looks great also.. I got the lid because one its cheaper, and not alot of people have it.. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsubbiah
You can get it from www.handaaccessories.com or www.collegehillshonda.com. I have the OEM wing spoiler on mine and I must agree with other people that it looks slightly better. But every person has their own opinion.

DO NOT get those spoilers that claim to be just like OEM from ebay or other sites. If it's not genuine Honda don't get it.

Also, I installed the wing spoiler myself. The holes for it are premarked on the inside and the only difficult thing would be manipulating the springs. It just takes a little bit of muscle (which I didn't have).
v6mmc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2004, 07:28 PM   #9

$700 cdn, damn! i would not spend that on a spoiler unless it was cf or something.

u guys should go to www.cheaphondaparts.com better than those mentioned and only $19.99 for shipping, even the whole oem kit.

Your Resource For The 8th Gen Honda Civic

Your Resource For The 7th Gen Honda Civic

Last edited by 7thGenACCORDcom; August 23rd, 2004 at 01:10 PM..
7thGenACCORDcom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2004, 08:24 PM   #10

No one is recommending the Kaminari wing?

Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:29 AM   #11
^ that's my name

Send a message via AIM to ll haC
i personally love the decklid spoiler, and am ordering one really soon =D
ll haC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:36 AM   #12
Boosted!

Send a message via AIM to ComptechV6
i kinda like the oem spoiler
ComptechV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2004, 12:28 PM   #13
Die-Hard Enthusiast!!

Send a message via AIM to Sick6speed Send a message via Yahoo to Sick6speed
I am for the decklid spoiler. It's clean simple but yet powerfull!!

818 Weekly Meet&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Sick6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:42 PM   #14
Nighthawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2wise
For some reason I didn't pay the extra and get the factory spoiler on my new Accord and now I'm regretting it. I've never owned a car without a spoiler before and the car just looks naked.

I know alot of places I can get the stock spoiler. What I am curious about is what other spoilers are out there, which ones do you guys recommend for the Sedan? Preferably something not toooo wild... I still want it to look like a Sedan...
Go with the decklid, looks very clean on a sedan. And try to get OEM one, i kind of regret getting an aftermarket one (still looks identical to OEM) because now i have to install the springs separately (which cost me $50 from Honda dealer), and i found a very small scratch on the underside of my trunk . It's a good idea to know which shop you're taking the spoiler to have installed before you buy it. Just my $.02 .
QueensAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:51 PM   #15

Ok, so I really like the above Kaminari wing... But there are two problems with it...

1) The only picture of the wing on a sedan accord is the one above. That picture doesn't give you a good idea of how the wing looks in proportioned to the rear end or the side of the car.. without being able to see that, I can't commit to it.

2) First quote I got from a body shop to paint just the side pillars and screw four holes in my trunk was $300.... I think that seems a bit stiff..

So I'm probably going to end up going with the factory honda wing. I do like the way the deck lid looks. I think it looks alot sharper on the car, but it just doesn't fit my personality. I need something a bit beefier...
Old August 5th, 2004, 05:08 AM   #16
Mok

I like things naked though :S
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 05:18 PM   #17
Squarely Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2wise
Ok, so I really like the above Kaminari wing... But there are two problems with it...

1) The only picture of the wing on a sedan accord is the one above. That picture doesn't give you a good idea of how the wing looks in proportioned to the rear end or the side of the car.. without being able to see that, I can't commit to it.

2) First quote I got from a body shop to paint just the side pillars and screw four holes in my trunk was $300.... I think that seems a bit stiff..

So I'm probably going to end up going with the factory honda wing. I do like the way the deck lid looks. I think it looks alot sharper on the car, but it just doesn't fit my personality. I need something a bit beefier...

Yeah. I like beefy! The rear wing is an excellent choice, I have the same. The deck lid maybe more classy but this is more sporty
vsubbiah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2004, 07:26 PM   #18

The coupe looks far better with no wing at all IMO
Captal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in