Black housed my lights - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2005, 11:34 AM   #1
I no Nintendo

Unhappy Black housed my lights

Black housed my lights!! And now I have condensation problems. Guys what should I do to fix it I put a whole lot of cocking and still I have condensation in them. Need help!!! http://photobucket.com/albums/v226/j30a4/
gizmo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 17th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #2
JB4 e92

Try sillicone, it's hard to get a proper seal (well for me at least). So I just bought some manufactured ones.

Good luck, looks good by the way.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 17th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #3
I'm still not 21.

Send a message via AIM to BConly
you're gonna have to open them back up and clean the lenses... then close them up and use lots of silicone to make sure there is an air-tight seal.
BConly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 17th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
that sux bro hope you can get it fixed
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 17th, 2005, 04:41 PM   #5
St. Louis!

bconly's right, you have to open em up, clean em super good, and recaulk em.
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 17th, 2005, 05:27 PM   #6
I no Nintendo

Ey thanks guys!!! But do you think some thing o happen if I leave it for like a week? cuz i am taking my car to the dealer 2 night and donít know how long itís going to be their. and this is what i get for rushing it only took me 7 hours cuz I wanted to go to the car show the next day hee hee

Last edited by gizmo2003; January 17th, 2005 at 05:31 PM..
Old January 17th, 2005, 07:36 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to NightShift
actually, im pretty sure the headlights need to 'breathe' in some manner. Mine are like half-assed sealed in the back with electrical tape cuz projectors are sticking out the back of the housing. Before the electrical tape one of them was wide open in the back and i never had condensation problems and i've had each of them opened twice.
NightShift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 17th, 2005, 11:32 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to littodevil
Talking

Hey, first off... wow.. are those your wisdom teeth near the bottom? And secondly off, you can get fogging from a few issues.

1) You didn't preburn the paint and the paint will fog up your headlights and the only way to get rid of those fog is alchoal and paint thinner, both which will ruin your clear plastic front lenses. But then again those seem like water droplets and from moisture.

2) It isn't sealed correctly around the edge and excess water is seeping in and then evaporating in your headlight housing.

Don't use silicone to seal the edge or anything in the headlight. Silicone does use moisture to cure, however it gives off aciditic acid when it cures and that will also fog up inside the lenses like paint fumes does.

3) The stock housing didn't come with enough vent holes to allow hot/cold air to vent out and in the headlight. One reason headlight fogs up is because the temp difference is varying a lot from inside the housing and outside temp and it isn't balancing out fast enough. Normally headlights have 2-3 vents on the top to bottom; the 7th gen accord only has one and it's near the middle I think. But if you never had a problem with it before you touched it, and now you do, it's probably has somethign to do with your sealing the headlight back.

If you have a problem sealing it back and need to seal the edge, don't use silicone, what you can use is polyurathane which is soemthing you coudl get in the lcoal hardware store. I use a elastro modified copolyer sealant that I put on my customer's headlight and tailight for their conversions and retrofits, but I woudln't recommond that to you since you can't really get your hands on it in the stores hehe. And the byrute rubber that you can get in home depot or something is too flexable even though it's almost the same type of rubber used in the housing.

There are silicone that won't give off that acidtic acid, but that's the type 1 or type 2 silicone which you can't normally get. The way you can tell is by that sour vapor or smell the uncured silicone gives off, that's the one you dont' want to use on your headlight but is probably the only type of silicone you can readily buy. Use it for other things, not your headlight.

Best Regards,
Larry
HID Performance
(650) 703-0911
littodevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #9
I no Nintendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by littodevil
Hey, first off... wow.. are those your wisdom teeth near the bottom? And secondly off, you can get fogging from a few issues.

1) You didn't preburn the paint and the paint will fog up your headlights and the only way to get rid of those fog is alchoal and paint thinner, both which will ruin your clear plastic front lenses. But then again those seem like water droplets and from moisture.

2) It isn't sealed correctly around the edge and excess water is seeping in and then evaporating in your headlight housing.

Don't use silicone to seal the edge or anything in the headlight. Silicone does use moisture to cure, however it gives off aciditic acid when it cures and that will also fog up inside the lenses like paint fumes does.

3) The stock housing didn't come with enough vent holes to allow hot/cold air to vent out and in the headlight. One reason headlight fogs up is because the temp difference is varying a lot from inside the housing and outside temp and it isn't balancing out fast enough. Normally headlights have 2-3 vents on the top to bottom; the 7th gen accord only has one and it's near the middle I think. But if you never had a problem with it before you touched it, and now you do, it's probably has somethign to do with your sealing the headlight back.

If you have a problem sealing it back and need to seal the edge, don't use silicone, what you can use is polyurathane which is soemthing you coudl get in the lcoal hardware store. I use a elastro modified copolyer sealant that I put on my customer's headlight and tailight for their conversions and retrofits, but I woudln't recommond that to you since you can't really get your hands on it in the stores hehe. And the byrute rubber that you can get in home depot or something is too flexable even though it's almost the same type of rubber used in the housing.

There are silicone that won't give off that acidtic acid, but that's the type 1 or type 2 silicone which you can't normally get. The way you can tell is by that sour vapor or smell the uncured silicone gives off, that's the one you dont' want to use on your headlight but is probably the only type of silicone you can readily buy. Use it for other things, not your headlight.

Best Regards,
Larry
HID Performance
(650) 703-0911
Yah those are my wisdom teeth, got all 4 taken out at the same time. So much fun!!! So I shouldnít use silicone to seal the edges? What should I use? Thanks for the info. And yah so what should I use???? hee hee I donít know what else to use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in