anyone with in-dash montor? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2005, 12:16 AM   #1

anyone with in-dash montor?

Anyone here got an indash monitor or picutres of one? my friend might sell me his avic-n1 but i don't know how it will look in our cars, like if the screen can fully open.

any help would great!

thanks

JoE
99accordJoE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2005, 02:26 PM   #2

no one got one? lol?

JoE
Old January 29th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #3
St. Louis!

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...earchid=309346
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 29th, 2005, 04:51 PM   #4
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

This is secksiaccord's headunit. Exactly where i want it when i get one.

Last edited by Hongda; January 29th, 2005 at 08:09 PM..
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2005, 05:32 PM   #5
^ that's my name

Send a message via AIM to ll haC
looks good, but I don't like how your stock unit is basically useless...

btw how is Over and Over categorized under dance...=P
ll haC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2005, 03:05 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to accord03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongda

yup mine looks just like that too....ill get some pics tomorrow...but yeah its kinda low but u get used to it...stock radio is a good way to cover up the indash..
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2005, 03:51 AM   #7
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hongda

I sold him that unit
telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:48 PM   #8

Metra came out with a top mount unit!!!!!!! You can find it for about 150 maybe a little more. I put it in myself its pretty easy. I have a eclipse flip screen in there. The system is pretty good. I had that cubby mount crap and the screen couldnt even open up all the way so i had no choice. If u have dual zone climate u loose it. If u dont have the dual its pretty much the same thing, some of the knobs move around but thats its. Metra 99-7864 is the product number if u get it make sure to buy the wire harness. I didnt know i needed it or well u dont but then nothing illuminates at night if u dont have it. Now i get to buy it pull apart my dash once again and put that crap in. But if u are serouse about a nice dash its worth it. It looks stock plastic and feels stock. And u keep ur cubby.
Jackthewack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2005, 08:51 PM   #9
Relentless

I think I might sell mines. I'm getting bored and might end up with the Avic -N2 coming out later...
markus1030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:08 PM   #10
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackthewack
Metra came out with a top mount unit!!!!!!! You can find it for about 150 maybe a little more. I put it in myself its pretty easy. I have a eclipse flip screen in there. The system is pretty good. I had that cubby mount crap and the screen couldnt even open up all the way so i had no choice. If u have dual zone climate u loose it. If u dont have the dual its pretty much the same thing, some of the knobs move around but thats its. Metra 99-7864 is the product number if u get it make sure to buy the wire harness. I didnt know i needed it or well u dont but then nothing illuminates at night if u dont have it. Now i get to buy it pull apart my dash once again and put that crap in. But if u are serouse about a nice dash its worth it. It looks stock plastic and feels stock. And u keep ur cubby.
but i hate the look of their buttons, etc.. looks very cheap...
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2005, 11:00 PM   #11
Rolling on 19's

Quote:
Originally Posted by brex
but i hate the look of their buttons, etc.. looks very cheap...
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2005, 11:51 PM   #12

Quote:

post some pics!...

and i have some pics of mine...

Old February 1st, 2005, 12:18 AM   #13
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon

Send a message via AIM to telele
Here are pics of my AVIC-N1

telele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:35 AM   #14

hey accord03, does your screen hit the volume knob when your screen opens? can you see it perfectly from the drivers seat?

JoE
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:36 PM   #15

yes it kinda hits...but its still viewable in the drivers seat...when i drive i can watch movies perfect...just gotta turn up the brightness a lil bit.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello Prius.

old sn: AwSoMNaMjA
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:50 PM   #16
picture me rollin

Send a message via AIM to RentsDidntBuyIt
no one gots a screen put in place of the stock stereo flush with the dash, with a head unit in the cubby?? thats wut i want to do, but i dunno i got a good offer for touch screen/navi pop out for 9bills, berely used cuz my friend sold his truck. im debaten if i should get it, i could get rims with that.... or suspension.....choices.....
RentsDidntBuyIt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2005, 03:57 PM   #17

can u use the oem radio and the lcd?
DEEJWIRELESS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2005, 05:30 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RentsDidntBuyIt
no one gots a screen put in place of the stock stereo flush with the dash, with a head unit in the cubby?? thats wut i want to do, but i dunno i got a good offer for touch screen/navi pop out for 9bills, berely used cuz my friend sold his truck. im debaten if i should get it, i could get rims with that.... or suspension.....choices.....

i bought mine for 800 brand new....pretty damn good for them money!.
Old February 1st, 2005, 07:59 PM   #19
I AM LOST....

Send a message via AIM to brex
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentsDidntBuyIt
i would have.. but i don't want to lose the lcd for temp control, etc... and there is no better kit out there..
brex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2005, 10:56 PM   #20

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/756363/1 I have the stock radio replacment with a eclipse flip screen its nice. i didnt have the auto temp or dual zones so i didnt loose anything. Lucky me i guess. pays to pay less.......
Old February 1st, 2005, 11:02 PM   #21

You replace the knobs from the factory unit, or ur supposed to, i couldnt get them out of the factory unit or actually i broke them either way they still didnt come out, half of it did lol what ever, u think i can go to honda and buy just the pieces to the radio? but it is a little cheap also considering the unit would cost 300+ list price if they made it any better and thats just too much for something so stupid. where as in other cars they cost no more then 50 bucks. I put it in my self i have no experience in that field and had no problem it actually looks nice once its in . pics here http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/756363/1
Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:04 AM   #22

yeah it doesnt look that bad...i would get it if the metra kit was more like 30-50 bucks...150 is wayyy too much.

RIP

Hello Prius.

Old February 2nd, 2005, 08:05 AM   #23
Stoner Boner

That Metra kit makes me want to puke. Honda tried to sell me that kit and the Eclipse GPS/Navi/DVD/Yadda yadda yadda headunit. I told them that if I bought it, it'd be going in the cubby. That kit is disgusting, plus I use the dual climate a LOT...

Mods: My mods were taken away by the mods.

Best To Date: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.23 60'

Previous: [email protected] (CAI, Exhaust) 2.13 60'
stoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2005, 12:25 PM   #24

well have fun trying to make it fit in that cubby, there was no way it was going to fit for me and i already spent 1,000 on the head unit, i put it in the cuby at first didnt fit, didnt even open and i thought the cubby looked like even more crap considering u have an unuseable stock radio just sitting there serving only the purpose of you climate, People have there opinions but you have to realize its not bad when u dont have anything loose like me.... It looks fine i dont know why every one dislikes it. Its the same material as the stock unit same knobs same feel. Its one thing to say its bad cause u loose climate options its another to say it just looks bad.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 12:39 PM   #25
ex scientia vera

Quote:
well have fun trying to make it fit in that cubby, there was no way it was going to fit for me and i already spent 1,000 on the head unit, i put it in the cuby at first didnt fit, didnt even open and i thought the cubby looked like even more crap considering u have an unuseable stock radio just sitting there serving only the purpose of you climate, People have there opinions but you have to realize its not bad when u dont have anything loose like me.... It looks fine i dont know why every one dislikes it. Its the same material as the stock unit same knobs same feel. Its one thing to say its bad cause u loose climate options its another to say it just looks bad.
I like it man. It's original, and like you said, you had nothing to lose. Props to you!
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2005, 12:44 PM   #26

yeha man dont trip..its all good people have their opinions and u have urs...i think BOTH spots are pretty nice...but obviously since i have the cubby... =D i would have to say mine is better.....lol jk

RIP

Hello Prius.

Old February 2nd, 2005, 02:47 PM   #27

it looks way better in the top slot than the cubby, the control knobs block recline of the monitor when installed in the cubby which sucks if you are spending that many bills on something you cant fully enjoy
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2005, 11:39 PM   #28

[B]Say i have the stock head unit and everything.. and i get one of them DVD player head units.. can u hook the after market head unit to the stock CD changer?? because im looking to play music and what not while having GPS on
o0amazinazn0o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #29

Send a message via AIM to pomhonda
the metra t2 kit looks fine, but i mite look better with the polished climate control knobs that the estore has. i was wondering if anyone has tried that?
pomhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in