Little heads up...... c-style kit - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2005, 07:39 AM   #1

Little heads up...... c-style kit

Don't even bother if you live on the east coast......I have had three of the front bumpers sent to me and everytime the bumper was cracked or broken......Just think if it cracks this easy in the box what is it going to do on your car......

I am not ragging on Andy's Auto because they are very nice people and helped me out a lot, but it has been three months since i ordered the first bumper and i have given up because the quality is just that crappy. The only thing that pissed me off about them is they told me that i should fix it and that it would be stronger after it was fixed. Yea because i want to fix a brand new product because it is made that cheap.

Sorry for the little rant just a little pissed off and tired of dealing with it. The bad part is i really liked the way the bumper looked, but it is just not worth the headache anymore...
oney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2005, 08:27 AM   #2
Beach Climber

Send a message via AIM to autophiles Send a message via MSN to autophiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by oney
Don't even bother if you live on the east coast......I have had three of the front bumpers sent to me and everytime the bumper was cracked or broken......Just think if it cracks this easy in the box what is it going to do on your car......

I am not ragging on Andy's Auto because they are very nice people and helped me out a lot, but it has been three months since i ordered the first bumper and i have given up because the quality is just that crappy. The only thing that pissed me off about them is they told me that i should fix it and that it would be stronger after it was fixed. Yea because i want to fix a brand new product because it is made that cheap.

Sorry for the little rant just a little pissed off and tired of dealing with it. The bad part is i really liked the way the bumper looked, but it is just not worth the headache anymore...
That sucks man... I had my heart set on that bumper too SHiet! I think that's the cleanest front made for our cars so far.. that's a shame! Maybe someone will make one out of polyurathane and the quality will be better? I guess we'll have to wait and see....
autophiles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #3
www.dec3designs.com

Send a message via AIM to Meek32v6 Send a message via MSN to Meek32v6 Send a message via Yahoo to Meek32v6
that's sad to here
that kit does look nice
i think im only going to be inthe market for a lip kit thou
something towards a replica of the Mugen one

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
04 Anthracite TL
::Mod List::
- EBC Green Brake Pads (F)
- EBC Brake Pads (R)
- Injen R&D Black Intake

Meek32v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 18th, 2005, 06:48 AM   #4
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
how does a bumper break?

the only experience i have had with bumpers being shipped to me is oem ones from nissan for a 300zx.
twice they came with 2 big dents in them, and both times after teh UPS guy came to pick them up the dents dissapeared over night (im guessing the plastic is really flexible under sunlight)

so i reall dont get how bumpers break in shipping unless they are brittle.

since im a relative noob to all of this, any advice? is it just that fiberglass ones are reallt stiff and brittle? poly urethane more flexible?
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 18th, 2005, 01:07 PM   #5

Yea the fiberglass sucked and was really brittle...
Do not recommend going that way at all.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:22 PM   #6

i live in maryland~~! and i got the front and rear fine.. jus waitin on the side skirts!!!
o0amazinazn0o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:17 PM   #7
paper chase'n.

fuk...this front bumper is ganna get played out soon...i can just feel it. =/
mQike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 23rd, 2005, 09:18 AM   #8

well let me know how long it last's before it cracks i am kind of interested!
Old March 14th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #9

Hey,

Where on your bumper did it crack?
dynasty21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 14th, 2005, 11:19 PM   #10

well mQike, if it doesn't get played out, they dont make any money =D
shockwave1111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 15th, 2005, 09:13 AM   #11

wow back from the dead!!! My bumper was cracked ones on the bottom not big and could of repaired it but did not want to pay to fix a new bumper....and the second one was cracked on the top there was actually a whole portion of the bumper missing.
Old March 15th, 2005, 11:53 AM   #12

so besides being cracked did andy's auto deliver when they were supposed to without any hassles, just wondering because i was thinking about buying something from them but havent heard anything about their reputation
rd6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:34 AM   #13

The stuff came on time, but they are giving me a big problem with sending it back....i went through the company that they have deliver there products and they are a pain in the a** to deal with....a lot of he said she said sort of stuff....it has been a month or so and they are just coming to pick it up today....so it is sitting on my credit card and i need to buy something else....
Old March 16th, 2005, 07:47 PM   #14

i got my C-style kit on!! i live in maryland = p looks like ima lucky one... it looks great... slow a** shipping though!! a real hassle to buy from!!
o0amazinazn0o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 16th, 2005, 08:52 PM   #15

Well do me a favor and let me know how long the bumper lasts before it cracks......I hope that it doesn't and i hope ya keep it for a very long time because it is an awsome looking bumper, but i have seen the quality of the bumper and i want to know if my theory was right.
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:07 AM   #16
paper chase'n.

a fiberglass bumper wont crack on you automaticly people...its about how you drive, some people cant drive lowerd cars for ****, thats why they scrape/crack tha crap outa there bumpers. so as long as you angel every driverway/dip then the bumper should last you for years...

Team illmatic.

I want to trade My car ^^ for a Stock 7th gen accord. PM ME. no joke.
mQike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2005, 08:58 AM   #17

True....But the fact that it couldn't get to my shop without cracking was really starting to Pi** me off.......I know how to drive a lowered car so that would not have been a problem(my last car was basically sitting on the ground had about a three finger gap from the front bumper and the pavement) and i never cracked a bumper.....I was just so mad that it couldn't make it to me not cracked because it is such a hot bumper....As you can tell i am still a little t'd off!!!!
Old March 24th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mQike
a fiberglass bumper wont crack on you automaticly people...its about how you drive, some people cant drive lowerd cars for ****, .
I was at my cousin's bodyshop and he had just finished painting and installing a front bumper on a car. Well the owner picked up the car to make a quick run to Auto Zone to pick up some stuff. 15 minutes later he came back kind of upset.
The bumper was all cracked when he came back. H emust of hit one of those sloped driveways.
baldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in