fsound ?:m modulator or what - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2005, 09:03 PM   #1

fsound ?:m modulator or what

ok heres the deal hope im in the right forum for this. ok i have a car pc in my car and currently use an wireless fm moldulator for sound. stock radio thus no audio outs to hook the pc up to it(3.5mm). well thought about fm modulator set an install date and was about to then i thought not cd quality. so i cancelled(after also reading a post here about never trusting installers). and its like $80 installed ..put forth like $50+ dollars and i have a a cd player.

ok deal is i like the stock radio think it looks good really nice and i want to have it. i even got lucky with my car when i bought it my original pick was an lx didnt have it in stock and gave me the ex for like $150 more(6 disc changer along with other features). is there a way to have a cd player and stock radio co-exist. i dont wanna lose my cd changer for a 1 disc jus for some audio outs.was looking around and i found this:http://www.logjamelectronics.com/sounsnhond3.html. ne ideas i would really appreciate.thanx and sorry for the long post.

edit: will the sound quality be comparable to a cd(with logjam)

Last edited by fallangel; February 19th, 2005 at 09:24 PM..
fallangel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 19th, 2005, 09:27 PM   #2

that part says it will work with your 6 cd changer, i use a part from circuit city to do the same thing. granted it is a fm modulator, but it plugs right into the antenna from the car and to the headunit, it may not be cd quality but in my opinion its pretty damn close, ive never had an issue with it. The only modification to the car for it is giving it 12v power and ground, and installing a small switch somewhere in the car, very easy to install as long as you know how to take the stero out.

on the not trusting installers, its all true, i got ripped off by best buy, installer charged me for dynamat instalation and parts, when i upgraded my system and could do it myself, suprise! no dynamat in the car at all, i had the reciepts and even tho the install was a year and a half old, i got my money back.

hope that helps
ethlar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2005, 09:34 PM   #3
St. Louis!

That device allows you to plug anything w/ a 3.5out, into your stock cd player. It allows use of the AUX feature, at the same quality as the device sending the signal. Its a very simple install, i wouldnt pay someone for it, you literally remove the cubby, and plug it into the bottom of the cd player. Its a great invention.
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in