OEM Aero Kit not sticking too well - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2005, 02:27 AM   #1
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
OEM Aero Kit not sticking too well

Well I've had the front lip for a while, and yesterday I got the sides and rear installed to complete my kit.

When I had it installed, the tape that comes with the pieces was attached to the car, but now it seems like it's not sticking anymore, even though the spoilers are attached securely with screws 'n stuff.

But, does anyone know what I mean, on mine if I look close you can see it's not perfectly sticking to the car as good as I like it, but it's not thaat bad, nothing that anyone else except yourself can notice, but still, that's enough to have it looked into.

I just don't want it to look cheap, anyone else have this problem, if so what have you done or recommend I do?
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #2
hmmm...

Send a message via AIM to 7thgenaccd
dude.....i have the same problem with my kit..the sideskirts stil stay obn fine, but the sticker is useless now...u can try some 3m double-sided tape if u want
7thgenaccd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #3
The Poker KING

Yup, that's what I was thinking, gonna do it soon, glad to know I'm not alone atleast

Old March 21st, 2005, 09:45 AM   #4

my rear end didn't stick, all i did was go to the dealer, and said my oem kit isn't sticking anymore, can i get that fixed under warrenty, and they'll fix it.....
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2005, 12:25 PM   #5
The Poker KING

^Awesome, will they still do it if they know I didn't get the Aero Kit from them though?
Old March 21st, 2005, 12:28 PM   #6
Zipy

Did you install it yourself or have the dealer do it? I'm sure they would make it good if they installed it, but if you or someone other than the dealer did it some might not want to stand behind it.
Zipy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2005, 12:47 PM   #7
The Poker KING

I had my body shop install it. It's no problem I have to take my car in this week anyways due to someone hitting my car while it was parked in a parking lot.

I'll just have them put it back on again, but I rather have the dealer do it you know?

Xplicit, let me know if you got the Aero Kit installed at the dealer to begin with, thanks.
Old March 21st, 2005, 12:54 PM   #8
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon

The kits didn't have alot of 3m tape on it to begin with. I installed the kit myself and the tape was very thin and minimal. Any movement on the kit will wear the tape out. Re-applying more tape will hold it back up.
Hongda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 22nd, 2005, 07:42 PM   #9

i got mine installed from the dealer, cept here's the thing, i got my car at a dealer down south, but i just went my local dealer and said yea the dealer installed my kit and it's just coming off, can i get that fixed through warrenty, and if they said you have to go to the dealer you got the car from, just tell them, i was told by honda of america that all dealers are certified by Honda and that they made a mistake and if you guys won't fix it under warrenty, honda of america told me to call them back and they'll make you fix it.
XplicitAzian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in