license plate lights - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2005, 08:03 AM   #1

license plate lights

I wanted to replace the license plate bulbs with some LED lights, but I was unable to completely remove the plastic housing. For some reason, the plastic housing seemed a little too big for the hole, and so I was unable to completely pull the whole thing out. Has anyone done this mod, or know how to replace the license plate bulb? Thanks for any input.
V6MT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 25th, 2005, 09:09 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6MT
I wanted to replace the license plate bulbs with some LED lights, but I was unable to completely remove the plastic housing. For some reason, the plastic housing seemed a little too big for the hole, and so I was unable to completely pull the whole thing out. Has anyone done this mod, or know how to replace the license plate bulb? Thanks for any input.

They do not come all the way out, they only come out slightly. You have to pop them out from the outside as much as you can, then peel back the plastic/carpeting on the underside of the trunk. You have to stick your hand up through there so u can get up where the lights go into the little plastic housing. Then if u squeeze the plactic housing itself together....the lightbulb should pop out. Be patient, it takes some time, but once u fool around with it you will know what i am talking about and it will be easy as hell.
redline4200 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:17 PM   #3

If you just want to change the bulb, then yes ou need to do it from the inside.
After removing the trunk lid liner, just squeze the clear plastic tabs and the bulb housing should pop out.

What LED's do you have?
The housing is setup to have the side of the bulb shining outwards. If you have a regular front emitting LED, it wouldn't seem bright at all. You need a side emitting one.

I just had mine replaced with regular xenon white 194/168 bulb.
ipribadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in