First time pics Ever of my AV6 and the new AeroKit - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #1
The Originator

First time pics Ever of my AV6 and the new AeroKit

Sorry, kinda late on updating you guys, but I got my aero kit in on Friday, along with my htechs. Installed the kit in saturday morning, and reguardless of what anyone says, I thought the install was pretty easy, took us about 2.5 - 3.0 hours to complete. Not sure when I'm gonna install the htechs, still waiting for my ingalls camber kit to come in. I also got a quote on the price for install of springs and camber kit for about $300, what do u guys think? Is that a good price? Hope you like the pictures!!

Pics of the install, before and after:

Picture of my Accord and my friends RX-8

dj mikel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 27th, 2005, 10:09 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Accord_V6_400m
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj mikel
Not sure when I'm gonna install the htechs, still waiting for my ingalls camber kit to come in.
Get the htechs installed as soon as possible! Your Accord looks like a 4x4, but a good one at that.
Accord_V6_400m is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2005, 10:26 PM   #3
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
300 for install and camber is a great price.

thats like 150 for labor, thats a darn good price since the camber kit is 150 alone.

make sure u get the ingalls camber kit that adjusts both toe and camber. will serve you well in the long run vs the spc.
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 27th, 2005, 10:30 PM   #4
The Originator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwAce

thats like 150 for labor, thats a darn good price since the camber kit is 150 alone.

make sure u get the ingalls camber kit that adjusts both toe and camber. will serve you well in the long run vs the spc.
Yup, already ordered it like more than a month ago...apparently, the ingalls camber kit is on "national backorder" according to UltraRev.com....

Anyone think its a good idea to install them at the same time, or would it matter if I installed the htechs first, cuz this wheel gap sure is ugly, especially after the install of the aerokit.
Old March 27th, 2005, 10:54 PM   #5
346hp/300tq @ 4psi

Quote:

i think he said $300.00 for labor ONLY not including camber kit. if thats the case shop around, it should only cost $150.00 tops for labor.

ya, just be patient and wait for the camber kit to arrive. should also save a little $$ to have them both installed same time. dont blame you though, man that thing is a 4x4 i dont think mine was even that high B-4 my h-techs

Last edited by 04accordcpe; March 27th, 2005 at 10:57 PM..
04accordcpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:07 AM   #6
ex scientia vera

hahaa...I had forgotten how jacked up our cars looked before a drop. The kit looks great BTW. My h.tech install was $170 and camber kit install/alignment was $120. I could've saved money if I had gotten the camber kit installed when they did the spring install, but I was impatient and wanted it dropped ASAP.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #7
The Originator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
hahaa...I had forgotten how jacked up our cars looked before a drop. The kit looks great BTW. My h.tech install was $170 and camber kit install/alignment was $120. I could've saved money if I had gotten the camber kit installed when they did the spring install, but I was impatient and wanted it dropped ASAP.

Damn, sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Quoted Htech install $230, and $70 for camber install..NOT INCLUDIGN ALIGNMENT. Anyone from the Philly area know any good places to get this done for cheaper??
Old March 28th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #8
indoctidiscant

Send a message via AIM to OwAce
hey, heres a tip, if u didnt do this with your front and rear lip do it if u value your bumper.

i took my lip off yesterday and there was noticeble scraping.

this is what i suggest you do, take electrical tape, black preferrably and tape it on to the bumper right where the front lip edge, or covers the whole bumper.

make about 3-4 layers. trust me your going to find it worth it, 2 years from now when u take ur front lip of and see the tape worn out due to the minute scraping of the front lip against the bumper.

btw do the install at the same time. camber kit and spring install. do alignment 6 weeks later after springs have settled in.

owace
OwAce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #9
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
Jeeeesus, the 3rd pic from the last with the RX8 really shows the wheel gap, LOL, that's just wrong.

DJ Mikel, i'm in the same spot as you, blue accord as well...I just got the rest of my Aero Kit installed, I received my H-Techs on Saturday, and my Ingalls kit is coming in on Tuesday, I got quoted for $100 for the install of the springs, I'd defiiiinitely go shop around a little more if I was you, they're ripping you off major if you ask me.
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIL TANE
Jeeeesus, the 3rd pic from the last with the RX8 really shows the wheel gap, LOL, that's just wrong.

DJ Mikel, i'm in the same spot as you, blue accord as well...I just got the rest of my Aero Kit installed, I received my H-Techs on Saturday, and my Ingalls kit is coming in on Tuesday, I got quoted for $100 for the install of the springs, I'd defiiiinitely go shop around a little more if I was you, they're ripping you off major if you ask me.

After you guys lower the cars all the compliments will come in..I was surprised after I installed HFP ....its funny when I tell them its just a Accord...yesterdays I got "man it looks like a bullet"

Rick
THERUIZFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #11

i just got my aero kit and h-techs in on thursday and put both of them on friday..you will deffenately want to drop it before you get the camber kit...it looks so much better
rd6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #12
The Originator

I'm so tempted to get the htechs installed, but it looks soo bad with that gap...I just emailed ultrarev.com about my order, no response yet. Hopefully they will be in soon and I can just get all of this done.

Lil Tane, $100 sounds great, but I see your on the West Coast where installs are probably cheaper. Over here, a couple of my friends that got their rides lowered got quoted around the same price as me, some a little higher.

OwAce, I will consider that, depending on how the ride holds up after the htech install, as of now, the kit itself isnt that bad, no scraping yet *Knock on wood*.

Next mod, hopefully I can find some of those black projectors from ebay for a good price, and OEM fog lights and last are the rims, hopefully I will be finished the exterior by the summer. BTW, what do u guys think of the konig troubles in 18's? I like the contrast, but looking for a good price. Thanks guys for all the comments and suggestions.
Old March 28th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #13
The Originator

Update:

Response from ultrarev.com: Ingalls is shipping the camber kit to them, and once they recieve, I should be seeing it soon after...So I would give it about 1-2 weeks. As for the install, I talked to one of my friends yesterday, who called me back tonight and told me that his brother who is a mechanic could get it done for $150. So...$150, plus whatever install of camber is, shouldnt be too bad. Hopefully, I can get all this done for around $200 even.
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #14
JB4 e92

Car looks nice man, drop or no drop it still looked purdy. If you want to tackle another DIY project, why not do the H-TECH install yourself? All you'll need are some tools and a spring compressor.

Quote:
hey, heres a tip, if u didnt do this with your front and rear lip do it if u value your bumper.

i took my lip off yesterday and there was noticeble scraping.

this is what i suggest you do, take electrical tape, black preferrably and tape it on to the bumper right where the front lip edge, or covers the whole bumper.

make about 3-4 layers. trust me your going to find it worth it, 2 years from now when u take ur front lip of and see the tape worn out due to the minute scraping of the front lip against the bumper.

btw do the install at the same time. camber kit and spring install. do alignment 6 weeks later after springs have settled in.

owace
Really good idea.
clean2draccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #15
The Originator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean2draccord
Car looks nice man, drop or no drop it still looked purdy. If you want to tackle another DIY project, why not do the H-TECH install yourself? All you'll need are some tools and a spring compressor.

Really good idea.

I wish I could, but im really not that handy with these things and I wouldnt even know where to start. :-p

Unless someone wants to volunteer to help? Pizza and Beer is on me
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:19 PM   #16

Haha, that wheelgap reminds me, check out my car, which is the only unlowered car in this pic. Can you find it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LX V6
sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:44 PM   #17
odk

Yup, already ordered it like more than a month ago...apparently, the ingalls camber kit is on "national backorder" according to UltraRev.com....

Jeeeeez man that's to bad. I ordered mine 12 days ago and got them 7 days later.
X-country shipment from Calif. Guess I was lucky.
odk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 08:44 PM   #18
The Poker KING

Send a message via AIM to LIL TANE
sandwiches, LOL @ that pic, HAHA
LIL TANE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:24 PM   #19

Send a message via AIM to itzjonjon69
nice car man i think im gonna get the OEM kit also, how much was it?
itzjonjon69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:34 PM   #20
The Originator

$768 shipped from handaaccessories.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in