New Tweeters - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:29 PM   #1

New Tweeters

Has anyone replaced there factory tweeters with aftermarket ones, and installed them in the factory spot?? How hard was it to install?? Any step by step instructions? How is the wiring to the tweeter? Is it hard to get to? I just bought a set of Infinity Kappa Perfects, and I wanted to install the tweeters where the factory tweeters are at. Does anyone have any instructions or tips? Also if anyone has instructions on how they installed their speakers that would be appreciated too. O yea pictures are always nice hehe. Sorry for asking too much. Thanks for the help in advanced.
lukeduke1110 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2005, 09:42 AM   #2

I was thinking about this too ...

I've heard that it is not as hard to do. The top cover should pop off using a knife. Then you will need to glue in your new tweeters in place. You might need to do a bit of cutting/shaving since your tweeters are 1" and the stock is 3/4".

There is an in line hi pass filter that you can replace if you want. Your infinities should come with their own inline hi pass filter, but it's up to you which one to use (I would believe the existing ones are tuned to match the door 6.5" stock speakers)

I suppose you're not running your speakers off an external amp rite? Me too.
Let me know how this sounds? Seriously I would really like to know!

All the best!
ipribadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:34 PM   #3

I switched out the factory tweets with a set of Infinity Kappa tweets last summer. I swithced them back to factory because I did not do any other speakers and the infinity's did not sound good with the stock set-up.
Anyway, I don't remeber exacty how I took off the tweeter grilles, but it did include a butter knife and prying. It is a little tight in between the dash and windshield, so I ended up having to install the tweets while I was half outside the car to see the the wires, etc... I was able to remove the factory tweeter and high pass filter as one unit, so you can use your own infinity filter. Also, the one inch tweeter from my infinity Kappa set fit snugly into the tweeter holder with no glue, just friction to hold it in place.
PeaPod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 31st, 2005, 10:09 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaPod
... the infinity's did not sound good with the stock set-up ...
Can you give more info on this?
Maybe it was because you removed the stock tweeter's inline filter (that is tuned to match the frequency response of the door speakers)?
Didn't the Kappa tweeters improve clarity or clearness?

Anyone else has any opinion?
Thx.
ipribadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #5
Snap crackle pop!

Can anyone tell me where the inline filters are located? What do they look like?

Thanks
El_Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2008, 10:19 AM   #6
Duplicate Accounts

Send a message via AIM to sig86 cm8 Send a message via Yahoo to sig86 cm8
don't use the factory filters. just run new wires from your crossovers if you're doing components. that's what i did. i glued my tweeters in but didn't have to shave anything
sig86 cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2008, 06:21 PM   #7
Snap crackle pop!

I did the reverse. I figured the factory crossovers were better tuned for the cabin than the Infinity ones. Never did find the factory crosses. I just took the Infinity units out of line and the tweets came alive. Not too bright. Just right. The treb' slider sounds best at mid point again. Victory!

Last edited by El_Kabong; October 7th, 2008 at 09:40 PM..
El_Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 6th, 2008, 07:20 PM   #8

Ive got FOCAL components. I didnt install them tho, the shop did that all for me. They didnt have to fabricate anything I believe because they didnt charge me anything on top. Ive had them for about 2 years now. I ran those components pretty continious and almost full blast and hasnt gone on me. And it still has another 3 years warranty.
04simple_accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 13th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #9

i installed mine in the factory position, had to shave the bottom of the covers a bit and superglued the tweeters right to the cover, i ran my wire directly from my crossovers, the factory filters are behind the passenger air bag though, but they are only used to so much wattage and i am using a JL Clean Sweep so that does a nice job as well
RWADE434 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in