Xenon lights in stock housing questions.. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2005, 02:06 PM   #1

Xenon lights in stock housing questions..

Okay, i have the 4300k kit from xenon depot in my stock housing. For you others out there, i ahve a few questions. First, a lot of times when i turn my headlights on, the passenger side light doesn't come on. Just the driver side. I flick it off and on, and it works. What can cause this. I checked the ground. Nothing wrong, i even sent the ballast back(got lost in the mail) and purchased a new one, along with a new bulb.

2. Had the kit for about 6 months now, not too impressed with the light output in stock housing. Its good, but not worth $500. Is there anyway i can use the same ballast and bulb to get a retrofit done? Could i just buy some ebay projectors and use these bulbs in there?

3. Is it normal for the lights to shine towards the right side when i turn them on? Im thinking this may be something done to keep from blinding other drivers.
mahdigga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 29th, 2005, 02:59 PM   #2

Check the fuse in the underhood fuse box by the air cleaner. Our headlights are all fused independently... Left Low, Left High, etc.... When you first turn on HID headlights they can drae up to 20 amps of current. This is from the ballast needing a big hit of power to get the lamp to begin to arc. After the light is on, the current draw is about 35watts equivalent to about 2.912 amps at 12 volts DC. If you have a multimeter, bust it out and check to see if you have voltage at the headlight. I am not sure about the shining towards the right thing though. An HID or xenon arc discharge lamp actually has no filament. An anode and a cathode are located on each end of a capsule containing xenon gas. When the gas first ignites it may shift location in the capsule and also change color temperature. This is known as blue shift. This should occur radpidly and the bulb should operate flawlessly after that. Good luck, Scott
orange5814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #3
Rolling on 19's

Well checking the fuses for high/low left and right wount do you any good since this plug n play HID kit only connects to one 9006 socket, then to the ballast to the bulb. (thats how my kit is and mine is also from xenon depo) Since you have a new bulb and ballast check your grounding for the passanger side. Have you tried swapping bulbs from one side to the other to see if the problems keeps happening?
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 29th, 2005, 06:58 PM   #4
Squarely Stock

IMHO, I think the light output from the kit in the stock housing is amazing? If you're not impressed try putting your stock headlights back and drive around at night. You'll see a WORLD of difference, literally.
vsubbiah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:16 AM   #5

Are any of you with HID kits worried that the initial power surge from the ballast would wear out your relays much faster?
Especially when your alarm (even stock anti theft) goes off, the headlights blink rapidly. This I know is bad for your HID ballasts and evenmore for the relays.
ipribadi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 10:21 AM   #6

The fuse for the low beam headlight is only 10 amps. It probably blew. Check it out, because it blew out mine. These plug and play kits aren't really plug and play...you should really really use an aftermarket harness.
graphite28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2005, 01:52 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to littodevil
If your bulbs and ballast are of good quailty you could use it for a retrofit. You might need new bulbs due to it being rebased. And you are right, hid in the stock housing isn't worth the quailty you got. And no you can't compare it to putting stock lights back on because the stock ones are better and safer for oncoming drivers. And you'll also be one less person that's putting a bad label on hid in general.

I did a direct comparison of a stock headlight with hid compared to one that I did a s2000 headlight conversion for and even did a video footage of it. You can e-mail me for it at [email protected]

If you are 100% sure it' snot your ground, check the fuse in the engine comparment under your hood, tha'ts usually where the relay for the headlights are.

Best Regards,
Larry
HID Performance
littodevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in