Aftermarket speaker fitment problems w/ Sedans - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2005, 11:50 PM   #1

Aftermarket speaker fitment problems w/ Sedans

Has anyone come into any problems with their aftermarket speakers; front and backs, not fitting properly?? Did you have to do any modds?? Im about to do my system in a couple of weeks, and I have read around that there are some fitment problems, but it seems to be that the problems mostly occur with coupes. Just wanted to know what problems you guys have encountered trying to install your speakers in the sedans, if any... If there are problems, how did you fix them??

Thanks for the help!!!
lukeduke1110 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 31st, 2005, 08:33 AM   #2
Stalls @ every light

I installed Polk Momos front (6.5 round) and rear (6x9 oval.) Rears are no problem at all. The fronts are another matter. In some cases you may be able fit speakers with little or no modifications but you will need some mounting hardware. I think Crutchfield has a good one. I had to cut out the stock speaker grill. I was not sure about it at first but it was easy and came out looking great.

Good luck!

On Edit:

Correction...

There does appear to be more clearance in the trunk springs on the hybrid due to the battery pack and cooling assembly behind the rear seat. As a result I may have had more room to work with. The magnets on my 6x9s are quite large and fit fine.

Last edited by AZ-V6-Hybrid; March 31st, 2005 at 01:10 PM..
AZ-V6-Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2005, 12:55 PM   #3
JDM FTW!!!11one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeduke1110
Has anyone come into any problems with their aftermarket speakers; front and backs, not fitting properly?? Did you have to do any modds?? Im about to do my system in a couple of weeks, and I have read around that there are some fitment problems, but it seems to be that the problems mostly occur with coupes. Just wanted to know what problems you guys have encountered trying to install your speakers in the sedans, if any... If there are problems, how did you fix them??

Thanks for the help!!!
you may need a spacer depending on how thick the magnet on the speaker is. i was able to install 5.25 JBL comps without a problem, but on the flipside, i had to use spacers to install a set of MB quarts in a friends 7gen sedan. i have heard stuff about having difficulty getting 6x9's in the rear deck, that some with thick magnets dont clear due to the trunk mechanism. your best bet is to measure and find a set that will fit correctly. also, i wrote a tutorial on aftermarket audio for the 7gens for 7genaccord.com back when it was around, so if youd like for me to send it your way, send me a PM.
JBLAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in