Hands-free phone in '05 Accord? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #1

Hands-free phone in '05 Accord?

Hey all-

Is it possible to get a hands-free phone system installed in the '05 Accord? It seems that since the microphone is already there, it shouldn't be that difficult. I know the TL comes with the bluetooth system but was hoping there was something for the Accord.

Thanks!!
fender4645 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2005, 06:59 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to aceofspades626
there's a lot of aftermarket bluetooth systems you can install. Doubt it would use the nav mic though.
Google (and later Froogle) can tell you all you need to know.
aceofspades626 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #3

Yeah, I've seen some of the aftermarket ones -- I was hoping there might be a solution made by Honda so it integrates a little better. When Googling, I came across a review on Carworks.com for the 2004 Accord and it says: "Dealers can add an MP3/Windows Media Player, a DVD rear-seat entertainment system, and a hands-free cell phone." Was this possible with the 2004 Accord and not 2005?

Old April 8th, 2005, 07:50 PM   #4

first I've heard of the handsfree system from Honda.
Now you've got my interest too!
Anyone know about this?
Old April 8th, 2005, 08:48 PM   #5
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
i kinda doubt they came out with it, i have never heard of it, but that doesnt mean much. it seems like most car companies are leaving the hands free market to the aftermarket, aside from bluetooth, because of compatability issues, i.e. it depends on which phone you have. usually hands free kits have a charger built in, too, again, except for bluetooth kits. but i also would assume the aftermarket kit would be cheaper, while still the same if not better quality. just my .02
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #6

I have a hands free cell phone Motorola adapter in my 6speed.. It f**in rocks. I plug my Moto in and it integrates itself into the speaker system and the mic.
The adapter comes out of the armrest. Honda installed it for my dad and when he gave the car to me, it still had it. Did I mention it F***in rocks.!!!
It is all oem and Honda warranty applies to it. I will post pics if anyone is really interested.
Colono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 11th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #7

Please post pics.

2 questions
How much was it?
Can you get it if you don't have Nav (no mic)?
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:57 AM   #8

Attempting to resurrect this thread.

Colono, if you have pics and info please post.

Anyone else have any suggestions for hands-free phone device? I just got a new Moto phone w/ Bluetooth and I'd love to get something for my car that would allow me to talk hands-free.
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #9

This thread has been officially resurrected !!!!
here are the pics
http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2127614359
P.S My blackhousings look soo sick!! haha
Pretty sure the handsfree option was strictly with the navi accords... nt sure tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fender4645
Attempting to resurrect this thread.

Colono, if you have pics and info please post.

Anyone else have any suggestions for hands-free phone device? I just got a new Moto phone w/ Bluetooth and I'd love to get something for my car that would allow me to talk hands-free.
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #10

Nice, Colono! Thanks for the pics. Are you positive it's Honda OEM/installed? I called 2 dealers today and spoke with the parts guy and they both said they couldn't find any hands-free device in their database. What year is your Accord? Do you know how much your dad paid for this?

Thanks!!
Old April 25th, 2005, 08:09 PM   #11

2003 Honda Accord..
Bought it in Tempe Arizona and Dealer installed it there before we pciked it up. So I would ask around some more. I'll ask my pops if he knows any of the details on this hands free setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fender4645
Nice, Colono! Thanks for the pics. Are you positive it's Honda
OEM/installed? I called 2 dealers today and spoke with the parts guy and they both said they couldn't find any hands-free device in their database. What year is your Accord? Do you know how much your dad paid for this?

Thanks!!
Old April 25th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #12

Send a message via AIM to bagbklyn
Handsfree

I heard that honda did have the kit back in 2003 and pulled it because they were having issues with kit. I mean like less then a month or so after the 03 came out they stopped it. Hence why 2003 is the only year with this option and they haven't brought it back since. The kit only worked with motorola phones.
bagbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2005, 11:54 PM   #13

Thanks, bagbklyn. I guess this would make sense as to why they're non existant. Well, if anyone has any recommendations on a third-pary solution, fell free to post.

Thanks!
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:53 AM   #14

Hey -

I was searching this site for the OEM 6MT Boot Cover, and couldn't find it. But what I did find was a bunch of Hands Free Attachment kits for around $20.00. Here's the link:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...A6MT&catcgry5=

I dunno if that's going to work but go to: www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and select Accord and year and your vehicle specs, and then in the final drop down list scrool to the parts beginning with H, and you'll see a bunch of wires for Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, LG etc. I dunno if this helps, but check it out. Lemme know what you think.
habibnazir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibnazir
Hey -

I was searching this site for the OEM 6MT Boot Cover, and couldn't find it. But what I did find was a bunch of Hands Free Attachment kits for around $20.00. Here's the link:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...A6MT&catcgry5=

I dunno if that's going to work but go to: www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and select Accord and year and your vehicle specs, and then in the final drop down list scrool to the parts beginning with H, and you'll see a bunch of wires for Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, LG etc. I dunno if this helps, but check it out. Lemme know what you think.
Thanks, habibnazir. I think this correlates to what I found on Carworks.com where they talked about the option for a hands-free kit in the '04. I have the '05 w/ Navi and the wires do not come up in the drop-down list which leads me to believe they truly don't offer this kit with the '05.
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:35 AM   #16

Well .. What it looks like is you have to buy the kit, which wires into the headunit mostlikely and runs a small telephone type of jack into your center console armrest storage bin thing. (That is around $85 bucks) Than you have to by a convertor for your tyep of phone that plugs into that little jack ($20 bucks) and you should be handsfree.

There is another kit there that has a microphon so I think non-navi's can get it too. I'm looking more into this. No major changes between 2003-2005...I think you can try the 2003 parts and see if it works.... Lemme know what you decide! Good Luck!
habibnazir is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:30 PM   #17

ok.. I am sorry but I am lost.. yet again....

I have a 2003 coupe no Navi..... what are my options.... aftermarket handsfree? are thier any?
Hancock_DS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #18

If anyone can recommend an aftermarket one...or even better come up with a way to get the honda version...I would kill for it hehe
SpiicyTuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in