Underbody Neon question - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #1
"WELCOME CHANG3"

Send a message via AIM to Supernova
Underbody Neon question

Does anybody have them? I'm sure someone does. Have any trouble finding a place to mount them? Any problems at all? Me and my local car club(5 guys, "TEAM VEX RACING") are all getting blue underbodies. My Accord, 05 White Scion TC(drop, lip kit), 99 Silver Eclipse GSX(body kit + lots of other awsome stuff), Silver 99 Mustang Gt(looks like Mach 1), 69 or so Black Ford Treno(yep).

Thanks guys and girls.
Supernova is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:59 PM   #2

bump... im not a newb, but im a newb at installing these...

i know for us Sedans, we dont have much space under there especially if we are lowered! \

what should we do? anyone's setup working nicely underneath? pictures!!
antman321 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:21 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to robbyx_209[9]
i just had my local shop install them a week ago.... blue underbody LED's... no problems really... well maybe the only problem we had were mounting the rear tube cuz i have dual mufflers and we didn't want the heat from the mufflers to heat/melt the ends of the tube.. so he kinda ghetto-rigged it and wrapped the ends in dynamat and mounted them on the frame above the mufflers.... but he said the install was easy...

sorry, didn't have time to take pic's yet.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robbyx_209[9] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 4th, 2005, 01:57 AM   #4
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
you can use Zip ties, or you can use any kind of adhesive, i have also seen people use hook and loop tape, which is like, crazy tough velcro, or, you can drill holes, either way works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #5

Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RP V6 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2005, 07:34 PM   #6

^^^^No it isn't..But everybody has there own opinion.. I have the L.E.D. 7 color neons and didn't have any trouble mounting them.

That is the front one

Then the rear
00Accord4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:30 PM   #7
Tofu Delivery Boy

oh, thats the front bumper. for a second i thought those were your sides and that was the subframe i was like. damn. thats not good.

nice install. im gonna fabricate brackets for mine so they hang free.

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old May 7th, 2005, 09:58 PM   #8
CeRtiFiEd PimP

u cut that stuff out..hmm.. tofu shop how u gonna do it? wat u mean fabricate them?
03c0upe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2005, 10:18 PM   #9
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
i have them on mine...the front one i left the underbody protector plastic/rubber crap in tact so that when i flipped them on it made the grill and radiator light up and give off this evil glow...then when i pulled my bumper off to put in my new headlight housings in i apparenlty f'ed it up because all but the front work now....i mounted the sides on the outisde of the frame rail and did the same ghetto type thing for the rear becasue of the dual exhausts....its an easy DIY if you want....it took me and a couple buddies a couple hours....and its a good learning experiance
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2005, 12:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP V6 coupe
Rice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yup, i'm hungrey right bout now...

rice this, rice that.... alot of nice cars here have them including myself, adds some flavor when your car's at a show... they're kool in my opinion...

Old May 8th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #11

does any1 actually have a diy for the footwell install?
madaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2005, 11:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaccord
does any1 actually have a diy for the footwell install?
for the footwells, i bought 2 15" led tubes w/ 10 different light patterns off of ebay that plug into the 12v cigarrete thing... i would have spliced them together with a toggle switch but i didn't want to lose the "different light pattern option" so i just bought a 2-way adapter with 3' cord, that way i can only put in 1 plug into the 12v source and hide the wires behind the dash...

Old May 8th, 2005, 11:59 AM   #13
Tofu Delivery Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03c0upe
u cut that stuff out..hmm.. tofu shop how u gonna do it? wat u mean fabricate them?
i am probably going to fabricate brackets out of either wood or sheet metal for the ends so i can mount them to like my sideskirts and my front and rear bumpers, that way it will be more sturdy than just zip ties and i should get even distribution of light without any interruption from things around the bar.

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old May 8th, 2005, 08:11 PM   #14

I cut it out because it prevents it from getting any curb or damage from the roads. I wish i would of had a better place for the rear though.

For the footwells i have 2 20" tubes spliced together and i just have them under my seats. When i turn them on they shine into the front and back.
00Accord4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in