need help with adding ipod to car - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2005, 04:19 PM   #1

need help with adding ipod to car

I have a 2004 Accord ex v6 with 6 disc in-dash no navi. I have been searching alot on all the available ipod kits. I have a few question I hope somebody can help me with. I got really confused when people started saying you can use this module with this to get this or this module with this ground loop for this. I didn't know if that ment that the other types of kits come with those thing already or if you have to buy all of this types of thing seperatly. So First do any of them display text on the radio if not what do they display while in the ipod mode. I know I will have to disconnect my xm and im fine with that. Here is what im looking for in functionality maybe you can help me by telling me which ones will actually do this.

1. will alow me to use the radio controls to control the ipod.
2. will charge the ipod while connected.
3. (if possible) have support for text display on the radio.

Thanks for all your post in advance.
kamachi923 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2005, 09:07 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to aceofspades626
search for "icelink" That's the only one with those features. I love mine.
You'll find a wealth of info on it, including many DIY's with pics.
Good luck.
aceofspades626 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2005, 06:01 PM   #3

I found two devices that will do basically everything monster iCruzer, and desion icelink. the icruzer locks the ipod while its connected but has a display that you can buy if your car doesn't support the text stuff. But I dont actually think this thing is out quite yet for the 7gen car. I saw some stuff on the icelink but couldn't find out if it will display text on my stock radio. Do you know if it can or if any of them could. I don't think any of them can but was hoping for the best. Thanks for replying.

Old April 19th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #4
7th Gen ACcord

nope the icelink wont display the text on the HU... what the icelink do is trick the HU into thinking that the ipod is a extra cd changer.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2005, 06:18 PM   #5

ok thanks. last question if I used the cable version would I be able to switch between different ipods that worked for that cable. The reason I ask is because while reading through other posts I noticed that people had troubles when they updated there firmware. Just wondering if this was because the icelink module had to have firmware that was specific to each ipod. examples could I go from my ipod mini to a friends ipod mini. or from my ipod mini to a 30 or 40 gb ipod just another 3g or 4g ipod don't remember what is comparable to the ipod mini. Thanks for all your posts.
Old April 19th, 2005, 06:31 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to aceofspades626
should say somewhere on dension's website (possibly only on the order form page) which ipods are compatible together. They have different dock connectors.
The icelink firmware just runs itself but displays on your ipod. So yes, you could switch between different ipods without a problem, so long as they have the same dock connectors (ie. switching between two minis would be okay, but not a mini and a 40gig).
aceofspades626 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in