Anyone has this Interior Trim Kit from Ebay Installed? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 02:22 AM   #1
Sapphire Blue

Anyone has this Interior Trim Kit from Ebay Installed?

Anyone has this interior trim kit installed? How are they holding up and do you have any pix? Thanks!

V6Perform is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 27th, 2005, 02:42 AM   #2
Tofu Delivery Boy

Send a message via AIM to The_Tofu_Shop
those kits always depend on who installs them really. some i have seen come out really nice. others... not so nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andy 2
SoCal Pride

G-Spec Points: 40
The_Tofu_Shop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2005, 07:59 AM   #3

[QUOTE=V6Perform]Anyone has this interior trim kit installed? How are they holding up and do you have any pix? Thanks!

Well, I just recently purchased a similar kit from www.edashkit.com. I know www.veneerz.com sells these dash kits too, but they were a little more expensive. I have navigation on mine, so I had to get one that'll fit. I'll post up pictures when I get them installed. They say it's pretty easy to install. Just clean the area and apply. That'll be my weekend project next week.
lawwoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 27th, 2005, 09:56 AM   #4
Tofu Delivery Boy

which style did you get lawwoo11?

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old April 27th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tofu_Shop
which style did you get lawwoo11?
I ended up getting the Brushed Aluminum. Hopefully it'll look good. I have the stock carbon fiber that comes with the ex-v6, 6spd, but I wanted to give it a change. So we'll see how that goes....shrugs.
Old April 27th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #6
Tofu Delivery Boy

just make sure you post pics when youre done.

and take your time!

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old April 27th, 2005, 11:20 AM   #7
Do it TOPNOTCH Style !

I have the Brushed Aluminum Kit installed in my ride. Bought it off of eBay for like $130 or so. Very easy to install and takes less than 15mins. The instructions and install kit come with it. Here is a pic of mine installed:

This is from 2 yrs ago and I still have had no problems with it. Just make sure when you do the install that the weather is really warm outside so it sticks to the dash very well. Good Luck !!
DesiEGO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #8

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
^^ looks phat
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2005, 12:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiEGO
I have the Brushed Aluminum Kit installed in my ride. Bought it off of eBay for like $130 or so. Very easy to install and takes less than 15mins. The instructions and install kit come with it. Here is a pic of mine installed:

This is from 2 yrs ago and I still have had no problems with it. Just make sure when you do the install that the weather is really warm outside so it sticks to the dash very well. Good Luck !!
Man...looks really nice. I hope mine turns out half as good as yours.
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:07 PM   #10

I bought it and installed it. It is not real aluminum but it looks really good, everybody who has seen it has complimented it. The sticker thay are talking about is actually a 3M adhesive, really strong stuff, industrial strong. We use it where I work at.

Looks good but it's coat is like soft plastic (gel/vinyl). It has a glossy shine. You need to prep up all the plastic with plastic promoter, which they do not give you enough. Yo can buy some at an aouto parts store. I strongly reccomend you go to auto zone or pep boys and buy the promoter. It is best if you use a cue tip to apply the promoter. If you wipe the promoter with a cotton swab or a cloth, it will eat some of the plastic which will make it look ugly. Remember if this were to happen, you are still going to cover the area. I reccomend apllying small amounts using the cue tip.
It looks good once it is installed properly. Its kind of is a small pain to install. Once it sticks, it is hard to remove. If you do install it, remember not to stick part of it and then force the rest of it in a different shear direction, or else it will crack in the future. Some kits have more parts than what is needed, and thos extra parts if installed would make your car look tacky. You be the judge of what parts ot put on.

It is a less expensive alternative to buying the Honda trim kit, and it has more trim parts.
I haven't had any problems, just one part on the steering wheel which did not stick good because of the contours, so I just added adhesive and fixed it.
baldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 27th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #11
Sapphire Blue

Thanks for all the replies... DesiEGO, yours looks very nice... I have ordered mine from ebay... Hopefully I get be4 the weekend so I can work on it this weekend.
Old April 28th, 2005, 06:17 AM   #12
Do it TOPNOTCH Style !

^No problem man. You are gonna like it a lot. Just remember to take your time and align it properly and make sure you clean the surface well with the adhesive that they provide and you should have no problems.

Good luck and post the pics once done.
DesiEGO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiEGO
^No problem man. You are gonna like it a lot. Just remember to take your time and align it properly and make sure you clean the surface well with the adhesive that they provide and you should have no problems.

Good luck and post the pics once done.
One thing to keep in mid is when the summer heat turns the interior into a tepid 200degrees oven, those peel n sticks have a tendency to lift up from the dash
arom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2005, 04:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by arom
One thing to keep in mid is when the summer heat turns the interior into a tepid 200degrees oven, those peel n sticks have a tendency to lift up from the dash
I would have to diagree, do you have any experience with this?
baldo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 28th, 2005, 06:36 PM   #15
I Pull Wire

Send a message via MSN to IvtecV6_ACCORD
I was also thinking of gettin one of those kits of ebay too... Hopefully it works good, be sure to get lots of pics
IvtecV6_ACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:28 PM   #16
Sapphire Blue

UPDATE with pix - I didn't install every piece that came with it.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:34 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Perform
UPDATE with pix - I didn't install every piece that came with it.
Nice interior! Man, mine hasn't even come yet and I ordered it last monday. Was it hard to install? Any additional tips? Did all the parts fit ok?
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:44 PM   #18
Banned By *********s

Send a message via AIM to Jkvan87
wonder what it would look like in a tan interior...
Jkvan87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:01 AM   #19
Sapphire Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwoo11
Nice interior! Man, mine hasn't even come yet and I ordered it last monday. Was it hard to install? Any additional tips? Did all the parts fit ok?
I ordered my last Monday too and it came today.

Anyhow, the installation was way easier than I thought - all the parts fit very nicely.

1. Clean the surface with alcohol (come with the kit)
2. Apply Adhesion Promoter (come with the kit)
3. Peel off the plastic and apply

As "baldo" suggested above, use Q tip to apply the promoter.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 05:22 AM   #20
ex scientia vera

V6Perform, VERY nice indeed!! I like it a lot.

BTW, that's a nice shift knob you've got there.
kramer2k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:43 PM   #21
Tofu Delivery Boy

nice mike!

you'll have to come out to a meet so i can see it in person!!!

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Old May 4th, 2005, 01:15 AM   #22
Sapphire Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer2k
BTW, that's a nice shift knob you've got there.
Hahaha...... yeah thanks to you!
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:18 AM   #23
Sapphire Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tofu_Shop
nice mike!

you'll have to come out to a meet so i can see it in person!!!

I will try to make it next time. I really like to come, but I am jsut so busy!
Old May 4th, 2005, 01:47 AM   #24
Tofu Delivery Boy

i hear you mike, im busy too. i am way behind with everything cause i always go to the meets.

like, im supposed to be writing a paper right now...

Andy 2
SoCal Pride

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in