Need Blitzsafe help! (DIY wiring) - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:10 AM   #1

Need Blitzsafe help! (DIY wiring)

I have come into possession of a HON/SNY ITI v.2 (for Honda/Acura with Navi) but I do not have the actual wire that connects the adapter to the 14pin CD Changer port on the OEM stereo.

I currently have a 2003 Accord, but the Blitzsafe unit is the same, the v.2 was more expensive since it comes with that 2 ended wire so you can keep your Navi.

The point is, I'm not getting the wire, just the Blitzsafe box, can I fabricate my own connector or am I stuck with the box and no way to hook it up to my car?

I emailed Logjam, they do NOT sell the wire only so they can't help.

Here is a picture of the wires that I am missing
http://enfigpics.com/shopsite_sc/sto...NY_ITI_V2.html

Here is someone who made their own wiring harness to use their SNHOND3 Soundgate(same damn thing as the blitzsafe) to work with Navi.
http://www.chrishorne.com/gallery/SNHOND3
Orange_Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:50 PM   #2

Here is a thought. I think I remember Honda selling a splitter cable that allowed a person to hook up both XM and a honda MP3 / CD / Tape etc. It is a honda part, and it uses the 14 pin connector on the back of the radio that you are referring to. You could try to contact Hardtopguy.com and see if they can get you the cable... Further, check on xmfan.com. They have a section devoted to installs and I found a lot of useful info before I put my Skyfi2 in my 03 accord. good luck.

Scott
orange5814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:31 PM   #3

You are reading my mind Scott,

Here is what I had in mind...getting the stereo "bus cable" (P/N 08A31-0E1-010) as seen in these pictures and cutting off the male end.
http://logjamelectronics.com/logjam/snhond3navinst.html

I'm sure someone can get the wiring layout or just post a picture, then I'd need to find an end that will fit into the Blitzsafe, connect the two together and viola.
Orange_Lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:34 PM   #4

Orange,

I called Blitzsafe today on the phone (201-569-5000) and I spoke to a guy in Tech support. He said that you can buy a cable directly from them. He did not have any in stock, but he said he should by nect week. As far as cost he said, "not much, don't worry about it." Whatever that means. Anyway, give them a call and good luck. PM me if I can be any more help. Scott
orange5814 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in