good amplified tv tuner antenna - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2005, 08:29 AM   #1

good amplified tv tuner antenna

Whats a good tv tuner antenna I can buy? I bought a used nav tv unit but the diversity antenna sucks, almost none of the channels show up.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 8th, 2005, 10:31 PM   #2
Pauly Walnuts is my hero!

I have been looking for one for 3 months now...........if you fin one, PLEASE let me know!!!!

And, if I find one, I'll let you know.
*DVD/TV Tuner mounted in the double din pocket
*18x7.5 Gunmetal rims w/ a polished lip
*235 series KUHMO tires
*Neuspeed short shifter
*TL engine cover
*Sparco carbon fiber pedals
*Red Calipers
*Shaved Emblems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2000 civic si ~R.I.P.~
21InAz_04TSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #3

I may just buy the one on avelectronic's website. I dont know if its the placement of the antennas but I get none of the channels except maybe 1 or 2, and even those go in and out and are blurry and has a ton of static. Why bother even selling kits with those antennas? I dont even live in a rural area, I live right in between 2 major cities (dc and baltimore).

Old May 9th, 2005, 09:18 AM   #4
Pauly Walnuts is my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybum
I may just buy the one on avelectronic's website. I dont know if its the placement of the antennas but I get none of the channels except maybe 1 or 2, and even those go in and out and are blurry and has a ton of static. Why bother even selling kits with those antennas? I dont even live in a rural area, I live right in between 2 major cities (dc and baltimore).
do it up!! let me know how it works.

I was actually thinking about doing the same thing, it seems to be the only good option.
*DVD/TV Tuner mounted in the double din pocket
*18x7.5 Gunmetal rims w/ a polished lip
*235 series KUHMO tires
*Neuspeed short shifter
*TL engine cover
*Sparco carbon fiber pedals
*Red Calipers
*Shaved Emblems

2000 civic si ~R.I.P.~
21InAz_04TSX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2005, 06:06 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to bagbklyn
Antenna

Someone on these forums recomended these guys, I just purchased an amplified antenna myself, someone said the avelectronics antenna isn' t that strong http://owdonald.com/

Last edited by bagbklyn; May 9th, 2005 at 06:26 PM..
bagbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagbklyn
Someone on these forums recomended these guys, I just purchased an amplified antenna myself, someone said the avelectronics antenna isn' t that strong http://owdonald.com/
how is your tv reception? I'm going to play around with the place of the diversity antennas before i get amplified ones.
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to bagbklyn
Antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybum
how is your tv reception? I'm going to play around with the place of the diversity antennas before i get amplified ones.
I didn't receive it yet, I got my avelectronic tuner used, so I had to buy the antenna. Check out this thread this is why I purchased this one
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...=avelectronics
bagbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:10 AM   #8

I just ordered the clear apollo diversity antenna. I'll let you guys know how that performs.

*edit*
I just talked to a rep at owdonald.com and he said the clear ones ahve no where near the reception quality as the metal rod antennas. So i just changed my order.

There are some people that have reported pretty good tv quality even while moving with a quality antenna. The one I just bought has 4 26db gain amplifiers for each of the 4 antennas.

Last edited by lazybum; May 10th, 2005 at 10:39 AM..
Old May 10th, 2005, 10:27 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to jadedx2
From experience IMO, in most cases TV Tuners are a waste. The reception regardless of the antenna (i.e. amplified, passive, diversity, etc) is poor at best. Placement of the antenna will help some, so before completing you install you may want to temporarily mount the antenna and see how it works out. When your car is in motion dont expect too much as far as a clean pic, but while stationary it can be tolerable. Good Luck

The Best
jadedx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2005, 01:21 PM   #10
Banned

Send a message via AIM to 04phataccord
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedx2
From experience IMO, in most cases TV Tuners are a waste. The reception regardless of the antenna (i.e. amplified, passive, diversity, etc) is poor at best. Placement of the antenna will help some, so before completing you install you may want to temporarily mount the antenna and see how it works out. When your car is in motion dont expect too much as far as a clean pic, but while stationary it can be tolerable. Good Luck

The Best

Exactly!! just get a DVD player and do it up that way. I have tried all these ways and it dont work...
04phataccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in