flipout dvd - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2005, 11:06 AM   #1
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
flipout dvd

flipout/dvd--- anybody have one?

i ran some searches but didnt see anything too solid- just some pics that were no longer showing up. i was thinking of running a flipout/dvd out of the upper area of the cubby compartment but wanted to see if anybody has taken this road before. i know itll get in the way of the climate controls a bit, but im not worried about that- just want to make sure its not gonna be in the way the shifter (6spd).

pics are good too...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2005, 11:12 AM   #2
Rolling on 19's

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=47919

00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to accord03
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 11th, 2005, 01:59 PM   #4
The Anti-Virus

Send a message via Yahoo to smithz
accord03, what did that Pioneer setup run you total? Did you install it or have someone do it? Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"People in glass houses sink ships! F#@K!! A#S!!" - Wise Bartender in Boondock Saints

smithz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 03:26 PM   #5
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
Markus1030 is selling a sweet flipout, you might hit him up for a good deal, if you do end up getting it. just fyi
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to JPAccord
Id get the metra dash kit, I have the same kit as accord03 , and its a horrible angle for the screen.
JPAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2005, 09:31 PM   #7
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAccord
Id get the metra dash kit, I have the same kit as accord03 , and its a horrible angle for the screen.
Explain... what is the other kit? I have done no research on this at all so forgive me.

"People in glass houses sink ships! F#@K!! A#S!!" - Wise Bartender in Boondock Saints

Old May 11th, 2005, 10:12 PM   #8
Rolling on 19's

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz
Explain... what is the other kit? I have done no research on this at all so forgive me.
It may be the Crutchfield kit.
00&03Accords is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2005, 02:50 PM   #9
get'cha roll on...

damn man, its looking good. i think im seeing a flipout in my near future when i re-do my sound system this summer. woulda been nice to still use the garage door cubby for discreetness reasons, but doesnt look very possible. how big is that screen, 5.6?

Old May 12th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6SicksSpeed
damn man, its looking good. i think im seeing a flipout in my near future when i re-do my sound system this summer. woulda been nice to still use the garage door cubby for discreetness reasons, but doesnt look very possible. how big is that screen, 5.6?

this is my friend's 4cyl sedan...hope it helps out
rd6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2005, 04:20 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to accord03
Quote:
accord03, what did that Pioneer setup run you total? Did you install it or have someone do it? Thanks.

860....installed it myself...and the dash kit i got for 18 bucks...so about 878 total. install was simple...i pulled it out an inch or so so it can angle better....i like it....its stealth...but at the same time a good location to see when driving.
accord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:24 PM   #12
somethingJDM.com

I was thinking about putting a screen in my cubby too, but i didnt know if i could still see it if it was down there.
duRritztiNy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2005, 09:32 PM   #13
get'cha roll on...

its tough cuz it is really low. most of the guys ive talked to that had it said it was too low and then took it out. thats why i was looking more along the lines of a flipout

Old May 12th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #14

If you look for the metra tubo t2 kit for the accord, itll replace the whole piece that houses your stock cd player and ac controls. It looks like that place but where the cd player was in a spot for a flipout or cd player and the ac controls are on the bottom of it so you dont hit those with the screen.
Old May 12th, 2005, 10:55 PM   #15
Why try?

Quote:
its tough cuz it is really low. most of the guys ive talked to that had it said it was too low and then took it out. thats why i was looking more along the lines of a flipout
actually its pretty good, i have a 6.5 inch screen in my cubby, and i thought it would be too low to see also but its actually pretty good, i like it alot
BlackAccord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:10 PM   #16
somethingJDM.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAccord03
actually its pretty good, i have a 6.5 inch screen in my cubby, and i thought it would be too low to see also but its actually pretty good, i like it alot
Can u post pic plz?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPAccord
If you look for the metra tubo t2 kit for the accord, itll replace the whole piece that houses your stock cd player and ac controls. It looks like that place but where the cd player was in a spot for a flipout or cd player and the ac controls are on the bottom of it so you dont hit those with the screen.
I would get that kit, but the only thing is that i lose my dual climate control.
duRritztiNy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2005, 05:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by duRritztiNy
Can u post pic plz?

I would get that kit, but the only thing is that i lose my dual climate control.
Yeah, thats the only drawback, but hell, i rarely use my dual, passengers dont even realize it exists, and most of the time i either have it all the way up or down, so I can live without the dual.
Old May 13th, 2005, 04:29 PM   #18
get'cha roll on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackAccord03
really? lets see some pics, that was my original plan, thought that cubby was made for a tv.

can u still close the garage door cover? love how it would be mad discreet with my carbon fiber cover

Old May 13th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #19
Why try?

Quote:
really? lets see some pics, that was my original plan, thought that cubby was made for a tv.

can u still close the garage door cover? love how it would be mad discreet with my carbon fiber cover
no i cant close it, but its ok because i wasnt going to leave it in there (for security reasons), but ill try to post pics up 2marow, and i highly recommended it honestly looks great
BlackAccord03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2005, 07:18 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to NightShift
It would be cool if a company developed a piece of our dash where that hump is above the hazard button that could be replaced with an aftermarket one with a flip up navi built in just like the mazda3 has, or some type of add-on piece that fits right over the existing hump. My friend just got the car - the screen flips up when u start the car and hides away when u shut it off:

NightShift is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #21
get'cha roll on...

that would be ill

Old May 16th, 2005, 07:29 PM   #22

They dooo!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i saw some thing on the forums about a piece made over in asia. It replaced the 2 middle vents w/ a tv. and the dvd player or what ever u want goes in the cubby. Its pretty sick. I however dont know where to find it. But i did see it.
Jackthewack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2005, 09:49 PM   #23
The Anti-Virus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackthewack
They dooo!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ i saw some thing on the forums about a piece made over in asia. It replaced the 2 middle vents w/ a tv. and the dvd player or what ever u want goes in the cubby. Its pretty sick. I however dont know where to find it. But i did see it.
Please find it!!!!
Old May 16th, 2005, 10:07 PM   #24

Old May 16th, 2005, 11:22 PM   #25

Send a message via AIM to aceofspades626
You talking about the half din kit?
Word is it's just WAAAY too expensive to get over here.
Brex did the research. A LOT of people were already all over his @$$ about it a few months ago.

aceofspades626 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:27 AM   #26

damn, what about just getting that plastic piece that goes on the top of the dash to slide in a pioneer navi/dvd unit?
Old May 17th, 2005, 05:25 AM   #27

Check here
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=30374
Art M.
Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 17th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #28
The Anti-Virus

That's a pretty old thread... I'm surprised there is nothing new on this yet.

Old May 17th, 2005, 05:56 PM   #29

That would be a ****** place for a TV anyway, thats RIGHT in your field of vision. Ill snag some pics next week, im getting the vizualogic headrest monitors and the dash kit to move the TV up.
Old May 18th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #30

Quote:
That's a pretty old thread... I'm surprised there is nothing new on this yet.
Same here, I wonder what ever happened with the kit brex got in the first place, I was searching and all I could come up with was this tread

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...3&page=1&pp=30

Art M.
Art M. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in