Noob -- Have a few questions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:28 PM   #1

Noob -- Have a few questions

Hey All,

I'm picking up a new (to me) 04 Accord tomorrow. The car is a white sedan with 5spd AT, EX V6, Navi, Leather, and basically all options. Anyway this is will be my people hauler and daily driver. I have a couple of questions regarding some stuff I would like to add to the car:

1- iPod, can I hook this up to the factory head unit? Is there an AUX input anywhere? I am running my iPod in my Z06 with the factory head unit.

2- Projectors and HIDs: I've read a bunch of threads here about projectors. I am NOT interested in a retrofit kit, but I would like to find something that is plug and play. I will run 4xxxK since I want HIDs to see at night, not for bling. Does anybody have a projector headlight they can recommend?

Love the car.

-N
Nabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #2

Oh yah, a couple more:

3- DVD in the trunk -- is this for the Navi? Can I actually play DVDs in it?

4- Is there another way to get the headlights off without removing the entire bumper?

-N

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #3
constantly in pursuit

Send a message via AIM to hammer03
Hey, congrats on your purchase! To answer your questions, yes, you can run your ipod and a DVD player with the stock HU and screen. It takes work, but it can be done. HID's, there are options, either buying a retro someone else did for you, or using some bulbs in the stock housings, or buying some new reflectors and doing a HID kit in those. I dont think the DVD that comes in your trunk can play regular DVD's, but you can put a new one in there and even put a computer in there if you really want to have all the options.
I dont believe there is a way to get the headlights off without removing the bumper, but getting the bumper off isnt TOO much of an insane job, especially if you have a good socket driver.
hammer03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 19th, 2005, 10:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer03
Hey, congrats on your purchase! To answer your questions, yes, you can run your ipod and a DVD player with the stock HU and screen. It takes work, but it can be done. HID's, there are options, either buying a retro someone else did for you, or using some bulbs in the stock housings, or buying some new reflectors and doing a HID kit in those. I dont think the DVD that comes in your trunk can play regular DVD's, but you can put a new one in there and even put a computer in there if you really want to have all the options.
I dont believe there is a way to get the headlights off without removing the bumper, but getting the bumper off isnt TOO much of an insane job, especially if you have a good socket driver.
Hey thanks!

Any recommendations on projector kits? I really don't want to bother with a retrofit. I found a kit from KS -- http://www.topendmotorsports.com/ext...ord/index.html. Anyone want to recommend a vendor for a similar product?

-N
Old May 20th, 2005, 03:59 PM   #5

ttt...

Can somebody also explain exactly what items are needed for an iPod install? I have XM and Navi -- don't care about losing the XM. I am running the Neo iPod adapter in my Corvette and it was plug and play. Are there any write-ups on installing an iPod with a Navigation head unit?

Thnx.

-N

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 20th, 2005, 05:32 PM   #6

Many wouldn't suggest you put HIDs in the stock headlights (Glare!). You might want to get Inspire headlights (not cheap at all). You can install the Honda iVES system (there were some on ebay for around $700), but I'm guessing you want to see the video in the stock HU. If so I think you can just use the iVES DVD drive and connect to the HU (will need some signal converters and such to make it work). As far as the iPod why not just use an FM transmitter, or if thats not to your liking get the iVES and just throw 4 gigs worth or mp3s on a dvd?
Askani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2005, 06:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Askani
Many wouldn't suggest you put HIDs in the stock headlights (Glare!). You might want to get Inspire headlights (not cheap at all). You can install the Honda iVES system (there were some on ebay for around $700), but I'm guessing you want to see the video in the stock HU. If so I think you can just use the iVES DVD drive and connect to the HU (will need some signal converters and such to make it work). As far as the iPod why not just use an FM transmitter, or if thats not to your liking get the iVES and just throw 4 gigs worth or mp3s on a dvd?
Thanks for the reply...

First off, let me say I am in love with this car! I live in downtown Manhattan, and driving a big hp extremely rough Z06 was punishing. I got rid of my German sedan -- and decided to look at something from the Pacific Rim as a rain chaser/people hauler, I do not regret my choice for a second!

Here are a couple of the Accord -

And the Z06 -

Ok, no way will I run an FM modulator. They are flat our crap. I've been reading Ice Link Plus, but I have yet to find an install guide and I am not sure exactly what I need. Does somebody now *exactly* what I need for this install (I have Navi and XM) and some pix.

As for the HIDs, any thoughts on the links I posted?
Anzo USA Projector Headlights W/ Halo
03-05 Honda Accord
Accord
(black housing, clear lense w/ halo)
(pair)
Part #: 02-AZ-HA03-PBC-RIM
$266.97

Do you have a link for any vendors who carry inspire projectors?

-N

Old May 20th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #8
Stalls @ every light

Check out HIDPLANET.COM before you make an HID choice. The forum is especially full of info but I highly recomend the FAQ section in your case. Even though they sell kits, they do caution against them. I am having a custom retro done by one of their members. He goes by "littodevil" both here and there.

BTW Congrats on your "new" wheels!
AZ-V6-Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #9
Gen7Accord.com

Send a message via AIM to eccsnow Send a message via MSN to eccsnow
there is a very helpful thread on gen7accord.com concerning your ipod quesion...

http://forums.gen7accord.net/viewtopic.php?t=58

hope it helps!
eccsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #10
St. Louis!

http://distantcreations.com/accordipod/

This was the most helpful to me. I did this job in less than 1/2 hour.
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
ur z06 is beautiful and congrats on ur new purchase
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-V6-Hybrid
Check out HIDPLANET.COM before you make an HID choice. The forum is especially full of info but I highly recomend the FAQ section in your case. Even though they sell kits, they do caution against them. I am having a custom retro done by one of their members. He goes by "littodevil" both here and there.

BTW Congrats on your "new" wheels!
Thanks!

Believe me I have been reading everything I can (don't see anything in the FAQs about HIDs).

iPod Install Info:
http://forums.gen7accord.net/viewtopic.php?t=58
http://distantcreations.com/accordipod/

I just ordered the LogJam Nav unit (http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/blitzhonsnyitiv2.html), and I need to order a denison cable so I can plug the iPod into it. I need to find this cable: http://www.densionusa.com/x/index.ph...=381&Itemid=84 does anyone know where I can order it (can't find how to order it on Denison's site).

So any thoughts on plug and play projector lenses?

If there are any NYC peeps who want to waste an hour or two installing -- beers are on me. You can check out the Accord and the Z06 -- heck we can go for a midnight run with some of the Corvette guys and terrorize Manhattan

Thanks guys!

-N

Old May 21st, 2005, 12:23 AM   #13
constantly in pursuit

Man, i'd be down if you were in SB. i'd do it just for a ride in the Vette. mm, gorgeous.
Gl man.
Old May 21st, 2005, 08:20 AM   #14
Stalls @ every light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabbs
Thanks!

Believe me I have been reading everything I can (don't see anything in the FAQs about HIDs).
I was refering to the FAQ on the HIDPLANET site. The only P&P projector lenses that I'm aware of are very cheap and generally use H3 sockets.
AZ-V6-Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2005, 11:30 AM   #15

Send a message via AIM to MFDOOM
Nice rides! Hope you can figure out whatever it is your looking for.
MFDOOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 21st, 2005, 10:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-V6-Hybrid
I was refering to the FAQ on the HIDPLANET site. The only P&P projector lenses that I'm aware of are very cheap and generally use H3 sockets.
What is wrong with H3s? I take it the Accord runs 9005 and 9006 stock?

Anyway, here are the only projectors I could find for the Accord:

Anzo USA Projector Headlights W/ Halo 03-05 Honda Accord
$260.97

There are more pix of these projectors installed on Accords here: http://www.mytightride.com/hoac2020prhe.html

Has anyone run these? Any feedback on them? Any thoughts on a good HID for them?

Thanks,

-N
Old May 22nd, 2005, 01:43 AM   #17
constantly in pursuit

just out of curiousity, what german sedan did you get rid of as your people hauler?
Old May 22nd, 2005, 01:49 AM   #18
St. Louis!

If youre looking for variations and different accord headlights. Check Ebay, if nothing else you can see whats out there. There is quite a few options.
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2005, 06:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer03
just out of curiousity, what german sedan did you get rid of as your people hauler?
When I moved from Boston to NYC, I had to get rid of my daily. I had an 02 3-series Bimmer and then an 03 Jetta VR6.

From what I can see, the Anzo's appear to be the infamous "ebay projectors". I found one person used the housing as a base for a retrofit (at least for a civic):
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/view...highlight=anzo

Seems like a good place to start.

Any thoughts on the HIDs I would use with these housings?

-N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in