CF Hood - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2005, 10:24 AM   #1
Big Aluminum Rear Wing

CF Hood

Thought this was a sweet deal until I read the shipping costs....

Carbon Fiber Hood
copetecu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2005, 11:23 AM   #2
best mod is the driver

I thouhgt that was illegal now-adays on ebay, putting a huge shipping cost and low item cost. I remmeber other people posted some teins as such. Anyways, don't really understand having one part CF. The car looks better painted, albiet a little heavier.
05AI4Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2005, 11:57 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to robbyx_209[9]
yea you see that alot on EBAY, outrageous shipping costs... but for a hood i think i paid $100 at most for shipping...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
robbyx_209[9] is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 22nd, 2005, 12:01 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to driven
that is a very poor quality hood, look at the back of it, its a solid fiberglass shell, when the heat of the motor transfers into that, expect some serious butt curve in your hood.
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2005, 12:01 PM   #5
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
I talked to the guys at VIS about gettin a hood straight from them and it was going to be 150 dollars shipping...i would imagine it has to go frieght so that isnt a bad deal at all...i work for UPS so i know the ins and outs...
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2005, 12:26 PM   #6
Big Aluminum Rear Wing

Yeah, I usually think they look pretty dumb, with not much change in weight, but on a black car, it might give it a slight custom look without standing out. Anyway, that's what I was thinking when I thought it was only $100. For $300, I'll get a nice intake and some halo projectors...
copetecu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2005, 12:57 PM   #7
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
i wouldnt waste ur money on the halo projectors unless you plan on dropping some serious money on a retrofit for them...the light output is worse than stock....but IMO i think on a red car a carbon fiber hood looks hot...i'm gettin one june/july.
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:08 PM   #8
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by driven
that is a very poor quality hood, look at the back of it, its a solid fiberglass shell, when the heat of the motor transfers into that, expect some serious butt curve in your hood.
Fyi, the solid fiberglass underside is supposed to be more durable than the older "skeleton" style bottom.

As a matter of fact, ViS racing has gone to this type of shell for most, if not all, of their cf hoods. I believe there are other cf hood manufacturers that are now using this type of reinforcement too.
03LXV6Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2005, 01:15 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to driven
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03LXV6Guy
Fyi, the solid fiberglass underside is supposed to be more durable than the older "skeleton" style bottom.

As a matter of fact, ViS racing has gone to this type of shell for most, if not all, of their cf hoods. I believe there are other cf hood manufacturers that are now using this type of reinforcement too.
hmm I dunno if its a good thing, because for one, its alot heavier, fiberglass tends to warp under alot of heat, which I have seen in person with the solid shell hoods. Also my friend got a vis hood a few months ago, his was a skeleton frame. I look forward to seeing the quality of the new solid shell hoods you say vis is now making.
driven is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in