For those who have Nav and/or XM and want to run ICE Plus -- important info inside!! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #1

For those who have Nav and/or XM and want to run ICE Plus -- important info inside!!

Good news! I got more info from Denison today that details how to fabricate a y-cable so that one can keep there ipod AND XM.

BUT...

Tha'ts not the big news!!

If you order a y-harness from honda it's plug-and-play! No splicing, no fabricating! Just head down to your local Honda parts place and ask them for this part: Honda part # 08A31-0F1-000.

I have pictures of the harness in the pdf they sent, and will post it shortly.

Btw, the harness is about 35 bucks.

-N
Nabbs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2005, 04:43 PM   #2
Your Mom Drives a Honda

Send a message via AIM to smokin6speed
alright so this part would allow me to keep my XM radio and plug in my dvd player and have it go through the factory HU?

How does this work? How does it differentiate between signals (XM or DVD)
smokin6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 04:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabbs
Good news! I got more info from Denison today that details how to fabricate a y-cable so that one can keep there ipod AND XM.

BUT...

Tha'ts not the big news!!

If you order a y-harness from honda it's plug-and-play! No splicing, no fabricating! Just head down to your local Honda parts place and ask them for this part: Honda part # 08A31-0F1-000.

I have pictures of the harness in the pdf they sent, and will post it shortly.

Btw, the harness is about 35 bucks.

-N
thats pretty old news but the y-cable from honda wont do it by itself. If you only plug in the factory xm into the y cable, the xm will work but once the other end of the y cable is used for the ipod, dvd player, etc through a soundgate, blitzsafe, or icelink adapter you cannot hear the xm. You need to add a switch to the power wire on the y cable for the ipod, dvd player ,etc. The y cable will not work by itself.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 24th, 2005, 05:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin6speed
alright so this part would allow me to keep my XM radio and plug in my dvd player and have it go through the factory HU?

How does this work? How does it differentiate between signals (XM or DVD)
From what I understand, you push the cd/sat radio button and you will be able to switch between devices.

In short, yes, you can have XM AND iPod.

-N
Old May 24th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #5
St. Louis!

That is correct, to the best of my knowledge. Honda's not gonna sell something that you have to install your own power switch on.
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybum
thats pretty old news but the y-cable from honda wont do it by itself. If you only plug in the factory xm into the y cable, the xm will work but once the other end of the y cable is used for the ipod, dvd player, etc through a soundgate, blitzsafe, or icelink adapter you cannot hear the xm. You need to add a switch to the power wire on the y cable for the ipod, dvd player ,etc. The y cable will not work by itself.
Yah, thanks for encouraging me to keep on helpin!

I will re-confirm with Denison. But why would they tell me to fab a y-cable if it would not allow me to use XM and my iPod? They would've just said leave it unplugged.

Nonetheless despite some of the leg-peers here, I will reply to their email and post their reply.

-N
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:28 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to Cyberia
Quote:

I will re-confirm with Denison. But why would they tell me to fab a y-cable if it would not allow me to use XM and my iPod? They would've just said leave it unplugged.

Nonetheless despite some of the leg-peers here, I will reply to their email and post their reply.

-N
Not trying to put you down nabbs, but lazybum is correct. When you have the y-cable plugged into the ipod and xm, the ipod side is always transmitting for some reason, even when nothing is plugged in, so you can't hear the xm even at max volume. It's being discussed over at blitzsafe and on denison. Denison emailed a guy back a few days ago saying they're making an update to the R3 cable (the one we need for the accords) which will allow aux (ipod) input and retention of xm radio.

(Quote from blitzsafe forum. Read it at www.blitzsafe.com, choose bulletin board, and then choose blitzsafe tech)
Marc

I just this email about a splitter.

Hi
You are going to need an R3 kit.
We are working on an AUX splitter. In about a month it will be available.
Best Regards,

Zoltan | Dension USA, Inc.
Tech Support
Ph. 866.822.3673
Fx. 562.684.4010
face=Courier New color=#0000ff www.densionusa.com

On Thu, 19 May 2005 13:12:21 -0600, [email protected] wrote:
> This is an enquiry e-mail from Bruce Balestier ([email protected])

> Is the iPod interface available for 2005 TSX?

> And can I retain my OEM XM radio?

> Thank You
Cyberia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2005, 08:38 PM   #8

Quote:

-N
Sorry if that came off wrong, i didnt' mean it that way. But yea, the y bus cable was designed for honda factory accessories, I guess honda factory accessories work differently than an icelink, soundgate, or a blitzsafe does. but for now, its not hard to add a switch to one of the wires.

I have a soundgate, y-cable, and a bus cable( blitzsafe is out of stock everywhere and I dont feel like waiting for it) in the mail right now. I'll try it without the switch this week and get back to you guys.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 24th, 2005, 07:35 PM   #9
the Ritalin ain't workin!

Have there been any updates/developments on this thread lately?

I recently purchased an '05 accord w/navi and xm. I would like to hardwire my ipod in and keep the xm also.

I have seen several DIY's and what-not, but there seems to be some disagreement as to whether or not you can actually have the xm and ipod working.

Thanks!

PS. also an accord/vette owner
OvrEagR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in