How to install blitzsafe on 04 accord - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #1

How to install blitzsafe on 04 accord

I tried installing my blitzsafe unit into my 04 navi accord with xm but couldn't find the 14 pin cable i need to hook it up to. Do I need to take out my navi screen to install it? Anyone have any instructions? THanks.
lazybum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2005, 01:23 PM   #2
St. Louis!

need to get rid of XM, unless you get a splitter. Search :: Ipod install / Icelink / Blitzsafe. Theres tons of info out there on this exact subject.
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2005, 01:26 PM   #3

yes I have a splitter and a switch on the power wire for the blitzsafe. I have searched for all of that and they all say to find the cable underneath the navi screen, honda's own instructions say that for the mp3 player installation on xm equipped accords. However, I cannot find anything besides a blue connector thats too wide for the connector on the blitzsafe and y splitter for honda.

Last edited by lazybum; May 28th, 2005 at 01:39 PM..

Old May 28th, 2005, 02:58 PM   #4
St. Louis!

Some units have the aux on the back i've been told. It is a white adapter. You may have to take your HU off to get it behind there. Take some pics of the bottom of your HU if you can.
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #5

I took out the navi screen and found the cable hidden directly to the left of the unit. There was no way I could see that thing without taking out the navi screen.

Anyways, I made a discovery. I dont think you need the $130 blitzsafe unit for the navi cars. just a regular soundgate will do. I bought the honda y-cable and put the soundgate unit on 1 of the ends and the xm on the other. I had to put a switch on the power wire on the soundgate unit or the xm volume is very very very low. All the blitzsafe units were sold out so I purchased an extra buscable from honda and spliced the female end into the soundgate following the instructions from http://shop.store.yahoo.com/logjam/snhond3navinst.html
I found that there is nothing to plug into the new female end that has been spliced into the soundgate so I just unspliced it yet it still works perfectly, I can still hear the navi voice. Maybe this only works for the 04 accords with navi and xm, i dont know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in