Modded dead bird - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to TotalChaos1882
Modded dead bird

I modded my dead bird back in January, got around to taking pictures in February and am finally posting over 4 months later.

All the mesh I used I got off of eBay from Grille Tech. The lower part is just the standard piece they sell for the sedan. For the upper parts, I ordered the piece for an F150 or something like that because I didn't know how much material I would need and Grille Tech said this was the largest grille they sold. Oh and they wouldn't just sell me a sheet of mesh. I probably could have just bought another accord grille and saved a bunch of money because I had plenty of left over mesh.

There’s 3 pieces to the upper area; the left, right and emblem backing. To get the shapes right traced them onto construction paper and then transferred them to the large piece of mesh. I cut everything out with a Dremel. For attaching the left and right pieces I used screw in places that they wouldn't be seen and for the emblem backing I just compressed it between the emblem and the plastic that is behind the emblem.

For the emblem, I bought a new one because I broke the posts on the original one removing it. I sanded it down as best I could, cleaned it off, painted with graphite and clear coated it.

You can't really tell from the picture below but after driving around with the painted emblem for a month, there were a few chips cause I was driving between Philly and Mt Laurel, NJ everyday getting a lot of rocks shot at me. After 6 months, it’s much worse. I've bought all the pieces and am planning on redoing the emblem.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the process, just the finished product.

I have the original high res image that I can post if anyone wants to see it.
TotalChaos1882 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 30th, 2005, 12:50 PM   #2
Nothing special

Send a message via AIM to blu6speed
Looks nice. I would have gone for black rather than silver, but thats a personal preference. Im sure that will get you alot of head turns going down the street!
blu6speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2005, 02:00 PM   #3
Stalls @ every light

Hmm. Looks vaguely familiar..

Nice job!
AZ-V6-Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 30th, 2005, 02:58 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to nycsam786
nicee
nycsam786 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 30th, 2005, 05:15 PM   #5
oSCaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu6speed
Looks nice. I would have gone for black rather than silver, but thats a personal preference. Im sure that will get you alot of head turns going down the street!
i would go black too, but i think thats just kuz i have a black bra on mine ...

very good job nonetheless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-V6-Hybrid

Nice job!
thats crazy looking! whose car is that? any more pics?
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu6speed
I thought about the black but decided against it because I wanted it to stand out, plus it provides a better flow between the headlights. Having the silver also made a much better offset for the painted emblem.
Old July 7th, 2005, 10:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-V6-Hybrid

Nice job!

Thanks. I was thinking about cutting out the backing behind the emblem like you did but that was an after thought, might still do it one day when I get time.

Yours is interesting with the alternating directions of the wire. I probably would have put them all on the 90 degree like the center piece though. Because of the minimalism of the wire, it almost looks like your trying to cage a chicken into your engine bay. Where’d you pick that up @?
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:18 PM   #8
Stalls @ every light

You hit the nail on the head!

It's cheap-a$$ chicken wire from HomeDepot.

I did try orienting the wire the same on the sides as the front but this combo just seemed to look better. Truth is I'm still not too happy with the look overall but hated the big "H." I will likely do something different in the Fall when it's no longer 110+ degrees here (Phoenix). Maybe aftermarket if there's is something I like out there by then.

Cheers,
AZ-V6-Hybrid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in