Fog Light Installation - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007) > 7G HONDA ACCORD EXTERIOR/INTERIOR MODS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2005, 11:30 AM   #1

Fog Light Installation

Hi Guys,

I was installing Aftermarket Fog Light (from ebay : DirectShopOnline) for my 03 Accord coupe but had hard time figuring out how to connect Switch harness. I could not find where to connect 6-PIN CONNECTOR.

Also I am having trouble with Relay box, inserting 14-pin connector and 20-pin connector. I tried to force wire terminals into 14 & 20 connectors but they seem to stay loose. OEM manual shows that insert terminal and lock the terminals. But I don't know how to lock it? Just insert and turn? or just push all the way in and that should be okay?

I need some advise on how to install these two parts.
Many thanks.
ACE10002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2005, 01:11 PM   #2
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
hey man, i understand where you are stuck. i had the same problem. email me at [email protected] and ill explain it to you. it works.
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Black n Bronze

Hey guys, sorry to bring up an old thread.. but im running into the same problem... i bought the ebay fogs.. wired it all up and to my suprise... it didnt work... im having some trouble with the terminals are they suppose to lock or am i suppose to just push it in all the way?? Also.. i purchased an oem fog harness from honda ( because i broke a terminal moving the harness around )... i was wondering where i could buy the relays( black and grey) and how to fix the the broken terminal.
-Mike
coolbeans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 28th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
dude, i had the same problem! i just gave up so my fogs aren't even plugged in.
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #5
Black n Bronze

^ haha i thought you were running something differnt like the jdms or the lexus's...
Old December 28th, 2006, 09:25 PM   #6
oSCaR

diyhonda.com has a video that shows how to do it on an 06 sedan. its dated Thursday, December 07, 2006. I would assume its the same for the rest of us. I am gonna try to install ebay fogs on my own, I just need to get the gray relay box... I hope Im not missing anything else.
v6_ccord_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:14 PM   #7

Send a message via AIM to joedanger11
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbeans
^ haha i thought you were running something differnt like the jdms or the lexus's...

yea, i'm using mdx fogs but with the oem harness. well, ebay's oem style harness.
joedanger11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 28th, 2006, 11:40 PM   #8
Black n Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6_ccord_2k5
diyhonda.com has a video that shows how to do it on an 06 sedan. its dated Thursday, December 07, 2006. I would assume its the same for the rest of us. I am gonna try to install ebay fogs on my own, I just need to get the gray relay box... I hope Im not missing anything else.
Good call on the video.. helped out alot on the terminals.... i wish i didnt have to pay 30 bucks for a freaking relay though... ohwells... Just a thought, will another black relay work instead of the grey one or just wont work? if anything my next plan will be to buy another kit on ebay just to have an extra set of fogs just incase it gets cracked from a flying rock or somthing (so i would be running off two black relays and have a extra pair of fogs)...

Joe i was looking at your pictures and those are pretty clean, how did you mount the mdx fogs... i have a pair of cl fogs but couldnt figure a nice way to mount them.
-Mike
Old December 30th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #9
Black n Bronze

can anybody explain the difference between the black and grey relay, other than the color... haha. Ive been reading up and found this http://www.honda-acura.net/forums/sh....php?p=3113929 would this mean i would be able to use the fogs with out the grey relay?
Old December 30th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #10
Soblime

I just got my Ebay fog lights hooked up and I'm having the same problem. The fogs won't light up at all. There is a 5-pin female connector on the switch harness and I can't find out what it hooks up. I checked out the video but they don't say anything about it or even show it being hooked up. The light on the switch turns on when the low beams are on (not the indicator light).

HELP!!!
faderrific is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2006, 05:54 PM   #11
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by faderrific
I just got my Ebay fog lights hooked up and I'm having the same problem. The fogs won't light up at all. There is a 5-pin female connector on the switch harness and I can't find out what it hooks up. I checked out the video but they don't say anything about it or even show it being hooked up. The light on the switch turns on when the low beams are on (not the indicator light).

HELP!!!

the 5 pin connector slot sits on the bottom right hand corner of the panel. the panel covers the slot so shine a flash light and stick your hand in there.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2006, 07:03 PM   #12
Black n Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by faderrific

HELP!!!

Yeh, its there. its covered by the plastic piece where the fuse box is. you needa pull on the plastic piece to see it.

Can anybody help with my problem? haha
Old December 30th, 2006, 08:06 PM   #13
Soblime

No, I got where it plugs in, but on the switch harness itself there is another plug (blue in my case). Maybe it's not a female, it might be a male.

In the installation instructions , step 49 is the last time they even show it but not connected.

I circled the plug.

Old December 30th, 2006, 08:49 PM   #14
Black n Bronze

the one you circled is either the 2-pin connector or the 5-pin connector. Since you said its blue, that means its the 5-pin connector for the switch button. Did you connect the fog light switch to the harness?
Old December 30th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #15

Noob question....I have a '03 accord 6spd coupe and wanted to install these ebay foglights. I saw on the diyhonda.com video that the guy just popped out the foglight covers, made slight cuts, screwed in some brackets, and then screwed in the foglights all without removing the front bumper. Is this how you guys with coupes installed yours? I've refrained from buying these because of the said need to remove the from bumper for installation.

ACE10002 can you tell me the name of the ebay user that sold you your foglights?
kryptoniteman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:58 PM   #16
Black n Bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptoniteman
Noob question....I have a '03 accord 6spd coupe and wanted to install these ebay foglights. I saw on the diyhonda.com video that the guy just popped out the foglight covers, made slight cuts, screwed in some brackets, and then screwed in the foglights all without removing the front bumper. Is this how you guys with coupes installed yours? I've refrained from buying these because of the said need to remove the from bumper for installation.

ACE10002 can you tell me the name of the ebay user that sold you your foglights?
You don't have to remove the bumper at all, but its harder IMO to install it with it on, especially with the harness. Removing the bumper isnt that bad, just be careful with it and make sure you have somebody to help you hold it while taking it off. hope this helps
-Mike
Old December 31st, 2006, 02:14 AM   #17
oSCaR

I bought the ebay fogs for the sedan, but these shizznits didnt come with a template to cut the bumper, or the gray relay... where can I get a template, or do I even need one?
Old December 31st, 2006, 08:11 AM   #18
Soblime

Quote:
the one you circled is either the 2-pin connector or the 5-pin connector. Since you said its blue, that means its the 5-pin connector for the switch button. Did you connect the fog light switch to the harness?
It's not the 2-pin, I already have those connected. I also plugged in the other 5-pin into the switch (it was gray and the only one that fits into the switch). This one doesn't look like it connects to anything, but rather something plugs into it. I was thinking that it's piggyback since another plug on the harness plugs into the fuse box is the same exact size and wire color configuration.

Like I said the image lights up on the switch when the lights are on, but the indicator light doesn't do anything.

This is a real pain in the ass, I'm just hoping the final result, was worth it.
Old December 31st, 2006, 10:01 AM   #19

I found some fog lights on ebay can some one tell me if this is everything I need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-05...spagenameZWDVW
Old December 31st, 2006, 04:52 PM   #20
Black n Bronze

ok ok... well... I GOT MY FOGS TO FINALLY WORK... I know fogs arent suppose to be a hard mod to do, but the wiring can be a hassle when not provided the right parts. Well, with my searching the net and other forums, the link i posted above is correct in bypassing the grey relay. If you do the switch mod, then you are able to fully bypass the grey relay. I am currently using my fogs with out the grey relay, its not even there. Hey Joedanger11, HOOK UP YOUR FOGS NOW!! ahah i wanna see how they look.
Old December 31st, 2006, 06:04 PM   #21
oSCaR

so you spliced the blue wire into the black/red on the switch?

can you turn your fogs on with your low-beams?
Old January 1st, 2007, 12:23 AM   #22
Black n Bronze

yep, it turns on with the parking lights, low beams, and high's
Old January 1st, 2007, 01:05 PM   #23
oSCaR

do they turn on w/o either the paring/low/highs?
Old January 1st, 2007, 01:39 PM   #24
Soblime

I got mine hooked up and working finally too. The wires into the connectors under the fuse box came undone.

I'm going to do the switch mod now that it's all finally working.

Edit: I did the switch mod and it took all of 15 seconds. It looks awesome with just the parking lights on.

Last edited by faderrific; January 1st, 2007 at 02:59 PM..
Old January 1st, 2007, 04:09 PM   #25

seriously, can some recommend an ebay seller to get these from?
Old January 1st, 2007, 06:29 PM   #26
Black n Bronze

i think all of the ebay kits are the same... they come in a oem style box, but i think they are all missing some parts... remember.. you get what you pay for. With that said, just find a kit for a reasonable price and pick it up. If you follow the instructions well, and carefully then you should be fine. I think the only reason why i messed up was flipping through instructions. BTW get some ground bolts thats prolly all you need.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 07:23 AM   #27
its my Religion

so I dont need the gray relay if I want the park lights and the fogs to work together true?
hondaism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:02 AM   #28
Black n Bronze

yep, im currently in that setup right now.
Old January 2nd, 2007, 11:11 AM   #29
honda tech75

Send a message via AIM to juan gonzalez
i installed those factory like foglights from ebay for my buddy i had some problem with it . come to find out they sent us a bad switch . we got a new one now it works fine.
juan gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 2nd, 2007, 06:58 PM   #30
oSCaR

Quote:
i think all of the ebay kits are the same... they come in a oem style box, but i think they are all missing some parts... remember.. you get what you pay for. With that said, just find a kit for a reasonable price and pick it up. If you follow the instructions well, and carefully then you should be fine. I think the only reason why i messed up was flipping through instructions. BTW get some ground bolts thats prolly all you need.
I got mine for 35 bucks, but no instructions... do we need a template to cut the bumper for the sedans?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in